FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Check in for return flight on a MR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1276129-check-return-flight-mr.html)

SFnFlaGuy Nov 3, 2011 10:17 pm

Check in for return flight on a MR?

Hello Everyone!

I'm flying SFO-IAH-FLL-IAH-SFO next week with just a couple hours in FLL.

In my experience, I can check in for the O/B SFO-IAH-FLL within 24 hours but not for the FLL-IAH-SFO until I get to the airport where an agent has to do it for me manually. (Whenever I try to check in, it would say I'm already checked in since it would pull up SFO-IAH-FLL and not the FLL-IAH-SFO segments)

Anyone here been successful in checking in for your return flight without having to wait to be at the airport on your O/B flight?

Thanks!

trm2 Nov 4, 2011 4:20 am

I tend to use the automatic check in. It has yet to fail me.

emcampbe Nov 4, 2011 4:38 am

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 17389727)
I tend to use the automatic check in. It has yet to fail me.

I was going to say the same thing, why not use the auto check in option on the return. Not sure if the airport kiosk's give this option, but checking in on CO.com or on the CO mobile app most certainly will, and IME, will have this checked by default.

SpartanFlyer86 Nov 4, 2011 6:31 am

Auto check in is fine. I always use the PDA site for my check in and boarding passes on my mileage runs.

channa Nov 4, 2011 7:17 am

Does co.com really not have this functionality?

I've been able to checkin for the return on same-day trips on DL, AS, and UA. Their websites support it.

I suppose this may be yet another thing we lose when we move to CO systems.

edcho Nov 4, 2011 7:29 am

Originally Posted by channa (Post 17390331)

I've been able to checkin for the return on same-day trips on DL, AS, and UA. Their websites support it.

CO does have it. It's an option when you do the initial check-in.

SFnFlaGuy Nov 4, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks!

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 17389784)
I was going to say the same thing, why not use the auto check in option on the return. Not sure if the airport kiosk's give this option, but checking in on CO.com or on the CO mobile app most certainly will, and IME, will have this checked by default.

Thanks Everyone for the replies!

I did see this option when I checked in using the Continental App...it was default as checked and same thing goes for the BP delivery method....I didn't do anything to uncheck it etc so I'm assuming they have me listed for the automatic return check in? (This was the final screen on the app after you have checked in and obtained your BP there was no "continue" or confirm button etc)

Never used this before....we'll see if it works! Worse comes to worse, I'll just check in when I get to the airport as usual.

MBM3 Nov 4, 2011 8:15 am

Originally Posted by channa (Post 17390331)

Auto checkin works like a charm for most itineraries.

texd Nov 4, 2011 11:07 am

The problem with Auto-Check-in is if you're not happy with your seat assignment and are waiting for the T-24 seats to open up.

Historically I've been able to check in manually for all my flights within 24 hours, even the return ones (for example a day trip both out and back, if within 24 hours of the return). Haven't done that lately, so it might have changed.

channa Nov 4, 2011 11:30 am

Originally Posted by MBM3 (Post 17390641)
Auto checkin works like a charm for most itineraries.

I'm not talking about auto-checkin, I'm talking about being able to checkin for the return before the outbound has been flown and get the full options (seat assignments, change flights, etc.).

That's important functionality for day trips.

rruaco Nov 4, 2011 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 17391793)
I'm not talking about auto-checkin, I'm talking about being able to checkin for the return before the outbound has been flown

I got offered auto-checkin on an itinerary where I will still be flying two more outbound legs when it gets to T-24 for the return flight ^

Just hope it works, as my only hope of upgrade for the return trip is a battlefield one so time-of-checkin matters for once.

SFnFlaGuy Nov 4, 2011 1:02 pm

Auto check in worked like a charm!

Well it worked...exactly at T-24hrs got an email with a link to my mobile BP. Granted the UG still didn't clear with both R and RN space available....sigh:(

Note: since I'm flying through IAH to/from FLL in the email the link for my IAH-SFO BP pulls up my IAH-FLL BP...no biggie...must be just a bug since I show up on the UG waitlist for IAH-SFO

Time traveller Nov 5, 2011 10:28 am

The auto check-in usually works, but not always.