Wiki Posts
Search

How to look for CO's u/g availability?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
How to look for CO's u/g availability?

I am only familiar with UA's system (the .bomb), where you can see XF1, NF1, XC2, NC2, NY3, XY0,...where the numbers are the available seats for Fisrt Class award, upgrade, Business Class award, upgrade, special inventary for 1K Economy, and award Economy, etc.

Where to find out similar information from Continental?

Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do an advanced search and check the box for upgrades. That's pretty much it.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by sbm12
Do an advanced search and check the box for upgrades. That's pretty much it.
he probably should have said, check the box for onepass reward upgrade near the bottom of the screen. Reward and complimentary elite upgrades come from the same "R" bucket.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:16 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Also worth noting that it is different inventory for upgrades with UA points v CO points right now. If you want to use UA points you need *A upgrade inventory which is regular award seats.

And if you want B/M-up inventory that's ZE which is pretty similar to Z and that can be tracked other places as well.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore
he probably should have said, check the box for onepass reward upgrade near the bottom of the screen. Reward and complimentary elite upgrades come from the same "R" bucket.
I have always wondered the same thing. I dont see any check box for that.

I am doing search in the "Use Miles" Reward Flight Search feature.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole
I have always wondered the same thing. I dont see any check box for that.

I am doing search in the "Use Miles" Reward Flight Search feature.
If you search with the "use miles" option then you are searching for regular award seats, not upgrades. For upgrades you need to be searching for a revenue ticket with the option for OnePass Reward Upgrade checked.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:45 pm

Since I used to be a United 1K, let me translate CO for you.

United = Continental
-----------------------
NF = R

NC = Doesn't exist. CO is a 2 class operation only. On intl flights that offer BusinessFirst, NC = R

NY = Doesn't exist. No such benefit at CO. Platinum Elites get expanded BusinessFirst Award inventory allegedly. I have never taken advantage of this.

The only way that I know of to see R inventory is to check " onepass reward upgrade" box.

If you are a Platinum Elite, buying an M fare and hoping for an up, this comes from Z
If you are a regular Elite (Gold or Silver) hoping for an up, this also comes from Z

XY, XC, XF = This follows Star Alliance Codes... X, O and I (if i am not mistaken)

And finally, for terminology sake

UDU = EUA

CR1 = Doesn't exist. I look forward to having this around next year, for p.s flights

SWU = SWU

e500s = R.I.P

RCC = PC

.bomb = We actually like our website no?

purser = International Service Manager

2P = Silver Elite

1P = Gold Elite

Undefined on United (as of 2010-11) = Platinum Elite

1K = Doesn't exist

GS = Presidential Platinum

1K Voice = Doesn't Exist

1K Desk = Actually the Silver + Gold and Platinum's use what we call the "Elite Desk". Authentication is via
Onepass number. Pres Plats get different people to handle them.

Doesn't Exist on United = Alex (the handy know it all who lives at Continental.com), on the top right hand corner of the screen

You get the drift.....I actually could go on. Feel free to add on

Last edited by meFIRST; Dec 19, 2010 at 12:14 am
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Since I used to be a United 1K, let me translate CO for you.

United = Continental
-----------------------
NF = R

NC = Doesn't exist. CO is a 2 class operation only. On intl flights that offer BusinessFirst, NC = R

NY = Doesn't exist. No such benefit at CO. Platinum Elites get expanded BusinessFirst Award inventory allegedly. I have never taken advantage of this.

The only way that I know of to see R inventory is to check " onepass reward upgrade" box.

If you are a Platinum Elite, buying an M fare and hoping for an up, this comes from Z
If you are a regular Elite (Gold or Silver) hoping for an up, this also comes from Z

There are multiple Z buckets for the instant-ups depending on which fare you have.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by channa
There are multiple Z buckets for the instant-ups depending on which fare you have.
Nope, just the one ZE bucket.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
If you search with the "use miles" option then you are searching for regular award seats, not upgrades. For upgrades you need to be searching for a revenue ticket with the option for OnePass Reward Upgrade checked.
sbm12 - I found the check box. Thank you. Is this a newer feature? It would have been quite useful many times
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by caseminole
sbm12 - I found the check box. Thank you. Is this a newer feature? It would have been quite useful many times
Define "new."

Been there a couple years, I believe. @:-)
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Also worth noting that it is different inventory for upgrades with UA points v CO points right now. If you want to use UA points you need *A upgrade inventory which is regular award seats.

And if you want B/M-up inventory that's ZE which is pretty similar to Z and that can be tracked other places as well.
So as a UA GS level, if I book a CO flight in January say LAX-IAH, am I eligible for the B/M-up like CO PP's and Plats?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I'm looking at the link you provided, I still don't see the "OnePass Reward Upgrade" box to check. What am I missing? Note that I'm only a UA elite, no status, elite number, or miles with CO.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I'm looking at the link you provided, I still don't see the "OnePass Reward Upgrade" box to check. What am I missing? Note that I'm only a UA elite, no status, elite number, or miles with CO.
It is at the very bottom of the screen, three lines above the search button. It is even in a different color because it is a link rather than just plain text.

It shows even when not logged in to the site so the lack of status/miles isn't an issue.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
It is at the very bottom of the screen, three lines above the search button. It is even in a different color because it is a link rather than just plain text.

It shows even when not logged in to the site so the lack of status/miles isn't an issue.
Under my nose the entire time! Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.