FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Asking for seconds during meal service in First class... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1161531-asking-seconds-during-meal-service-first-class.html)

elitetraveler Dec 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by emcsweeney (Post 15497631)
Wow, it must feel pretty special to get pat on the head by channa...

Luke, I have to agree that I generally enjoy most of your posts, but I think you're taking this a little hard. I don't think that someone stating that any
2nds should go to customers before FAs necessarily means they are also saying you should be deprived of a meal. I think it's safe to say we would all like to see you provided for by your employer.

+1, at least that is where I was coming from :D

transportbiz Dec 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by emcsweeney (Post 15497631)
Wow, it must feel pretty special to get pat on the head by channa...

Luke, I have to agree that I generally enjoy most of your posts, but I think you're taking this a little hard. I don't think that someone stating that any
2nds should go to customers before FAs necessarily means they are also saying you should be deprived of a meal. I think it's safe to say we would all like to see you provided for by your employer.

+2 this is what we were trying to get across.

usa18dca Dec 22, 2010 3:48 pm

I suspect seconds or even thirds won't be a problem for my flight on Friday...there's only 3 pax booked in F and all elites cleared.

c1ue1ess88 Dec 22, 2010 5:08 pm

I flew EWR-PEK 12/12. I flew economy, but all it took to get seconds was to pick the attractive 35 year old FA and talk to her for 2 minutes. ;) I'm 22, so that might have helped.

-Cheers

LukeSkywaiter Dec 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by usa18dca (Post 15506637)
I suspect seconds or even thirds won't be a problem for my flight on Friday...there's only 3 pax booked in F and all elites cleared.

You'd be surprised how much some senior mamas and Captains can eat... :D

CO757 Dec 22, 2010 9:11 pm

:rolleyes: I think most americans could just decline 2nds or 3rds.

CO757 Dec 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by c1ue1ess88 (Post 15507025)
I flew EWR-PEK 12/12. I flew economy, but all it took to get seconds was to pick the attractive 35 year old FA and talk to her for 2 minutes. ;) I'm 22, so that might have helped.

-Cheers

Oh yeah....that does help -brother. :rolleyes:

Just asking in a respectful, polite manner on a ultra long haul or long haul will produce wonderful results, but giving the impression of "entitlement" is going to get you nothing (as it should).

IIRC - the OP indicated this was a domestic flight which should allow him to buy any extra's before boarding or off the YC carts.

MBM3 Dec 23, 2010 6:39 am

Ahhhh, I just love how the mudslinging throws a perfectly good thread off topic.