FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Asking for seconds during meal service in First class... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1161531-asking-seconds-during-meal-service-first-class.html)

Don'tGoThere Dec 20, 2010 10:44 am

Originally Posted by channa (Post 15485004)
What's absurd is the notion that CEO rhetoric repeated over and over for two decades has absolutely no impact on employee behavior.

So why do you think your "rhetoric" will be any different? :rolleyes:

transportbiz Dec 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter (Post 15486071)
First of all, I feel sorry for the OP that his thread has been hijacked and turned into such a debate. This thread should've been one with a simple resolution, yet, sadly, it wasn't

It was an honor to work the SMDII charter and meet several FTers up close and personal. But despite that great experience, I can't help but to understand why so many of my colleagues don't get it and have negative opinions of this website, all because of a few bad apples.

I spent two days catering to every need (and frankly, breaking FAR after FAR) for a group of passengers that, by association, doesn't believe flight attendants have the right to eat a decent meal, even if it is by way of calling it a poor management decision.

It's kind of sad that as much as I have stuck up for FTers over the years, and even proudly sport a pink FT tag on my tote, there are still a$$holes on this site who are selfish, misinformed, downright ignorant, and ruin the reputation for others. I know the majority of FTers have no problem with FAs eating leftovers. And to those of you who have a problem with this - I say the following: F*** You. I say it proudly. With both arms extended, and middle fingers protuding from each fist. What do you expect us to do when you get a 2nd, but the next F passenger doesn't? What makes you so special? There are no seconds for F. Extra biscuits? Sure. Extra cinnamon rolls? Absolutely. But F meals are catered one per passenger. There is a huge difference in giving someone seconds in Y than in F. Anyone who fails to see logic in this needs to get over whatever complex they have. I really don't care what anyone feels about CO's policy of FAs being able to eat leftovers. It is what it is. And based on the responses from some of you, I have no shame in eating leftovers. To those of you who do get it, thank you.

WOW, I take back everything I said in support of FA's and the policies I was seeing as unfair, and well even inhumaine in my post (#44). You're clearly angry, to the point you can't even see when someone is supportive of you and your profession. Good luck with that.

Now on topic, where I think CO is actually the cheapest of the cheap is that the galley is stocked with ONE bag of nuts per F pax even on BF flights. It's like rationing. And yes I made the mistake ONCE of asking for more...my God you would have thought I was asking for a king's ransom. KLM would give you as much as you wanted, from a great big bad of fancy nut mix that even included Macadamias. So to the OP, you're request can be met with anything from total animosity to a friendly smile.

transportbiz Dec 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 15486218)
To tame this thread a bit, what do any of you think the chances are of there being an extra Kosher meal in Y on either EWR-TLV or TLV-EWR?

I would say it's extremely doubtful.

joshwex90 Dec 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 15489206)
I would say it's extremely doubtful.

Shucks! They're usually pretty good. At least dinner on CO91 is..

joshwex90 Dec 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 15488333)
I especially like how accuracy was of such importance. It's sort of funny that's brought up in the CO world, since I tend to get the sense that CO reps are more fixated on call times than accuracy, and I often feel that when I'm in a pickle, they're free to say or make up whatever they want in order to dispose of the call rather than assisting the customer.

I've had CO reps spend plenty of time on the phone with me in order to sort out issues.

LukeSkywaiter Dec 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 15489201)
WOW, I take back everything I said in support of FA's and the policies I was seeing as unfair, and well even inhumaine in my post (#44). From most of what I've read from you, you really don't have that much to take back...though, kind of childish to flip-flop your opinion from an animated post of mine and ruin it for the rest of my coworkers, eh? You're clearly angry, to the point you can't even see when someone is supportive of you and your profession. Good luck with that. Nah, just have no tolerance for ignorance, lack of common sense, and unmitigated selfishness.

star_world Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90 (Post 15489333)
I've had CO reps spend plenty of time on the phone with me in order to sort out issues.

Sssh ;) Now channa will be back to explain how this is an isolated incident, and not representative of the service offered by CO. No matter how many thousands of us regularly have such experiences ^

joshwex90 Dec 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 15490365)
Sssh ;) Now channa will be back to explain how this is an isolated incident, and not representative of the service offered by CO. No matter how many thousands of us regularly have such experiences ^

Sorry...I got bored :p

elitetraveler Dec 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 15490365)

I'm non-Elite on CO although *G. I find the general CO res number is generally pretty fast in terms of pick up and as good overall as any of the other domestic carriers although i probably only need to actually call somebody four or five times a year.

phansy Dec 21, 2010 1:25 am

So... interesting debate here....I didn't except this. After all it was JUST a simple question.

The flight was great. I gave all 7 crew members Toblerone, and all the FA came by my seat to thank me. F was booked full, and the options were Cheerios or Cheese Omelette. I of course opted for the omelette, but I did ask for seconds, but the FA said sorry, she couldn't do that, so I asked for a helping of Cheerios. Let's just say all eyes were on my tray as it consisted of 2 cinnamon buns, 2 milks, bowl of cereal, omelette, banana, fruit bowl, yogurt bowl, and a Bloody Mary...

I also got a goody bag of alcohol mini's when I disembarked.

GREAT FLIGHT :-)

RobinHoodNYC Dec 21, 2010 10:37 am

Originally Posted by transportbiz (Post 15482093)
Here again "policy" bites the company in the butt. In the 1980's New Orleans had one of the most corrupt police forces in the country, and in fact was as bad as some pretty dicey third-world countries. A federal investigation discovered they were being paid a little more than $10K a year. Not hard to figure they are going to "supplement" their income.

If you want your employees to take good care of your customers, you need to take care of your employees first.

Wasnt that Bernard Madoff's policy too?

usa18dca Dec 21, 2010 10:58 am

Had a delicious and scrumptious dinner LAS-EWR...Lentil Soup and Spinach Tortellini with Cheesecake :D I didn't ask for seconds though.

transportbiz Dec 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Exactly where did I flip-flop my opinion on this subject?

emcsweeney Dec 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter (Post 15488373)
Whew, I was nervous about that one...thanks for taking it easy on me ;)

Wow, it must feel pretty special to get pat on the head by channa...

Luke, I have to agree that I generally enjoy most of your posts, but I think you're taking this a little hard. I don't think that someone stating that any
2nds should go to customers before FAs necessarily means they are also saying you should be deprived of a meal. I think it's safe to say we would all like to see you provided for by your employer.

joshwex90 Dec 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by RobinHoodNYC (Post 15496503)
Wasnt that Bernard Madoff's policy too?

Exact opposite actually. Paid them too much which got his sons suspicious.