FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Secret Compartment on 772 ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1154364-secret-compartment-772-a.html)

hughw Dec 2, 2010 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by guaCOmole (Post 15369723)
Where are the curtains? Crew rest areas are always out of customer view. Very few flights over 8 hours on the 752 anyway, hence no crew rest.

The seats are held for Elites, then released 48 hours prior. Contractually, deadheading crewmembers are supposed to be assigned to exit row seats when available. When the seats don't sell, they're given to space-available pass-riders.

To the best of my recollection, the last seat in the middle of the forward BF cabin on 767-400 (the only BF cabin on a 767-200) is a pilot's designated rest seat. I don't remember ever seeing curtains around it.

guaCOmole Dec 3, 2010 2:56 am

Sorry, I should clarify....flight attendant crew rest is not in public view. Can't think of any 8:00+ flight on the 752.

The pilots' seat can be anywhere in the BF cabin, but it's usually the 'D' (single middle)seat or somewhere in the last row.

featheroleather Dec 4, 2010 10:02 am

Originally Posted by guaCOmole (Post 15364771)
Row 21 is an Extra Legroom Row and may be blocked for Elites, but NEVER for crew rest. CO will not forego passenger revenue unless contractually obligated.

If the flight is 8hr or higher, and the pilots dont get a BF seat for their crew rest, they "rest" in 21 DEF.

guaCOmole Dec 4, 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by featheroleather (Post 15380198)
If the flight is 8hr or higher, and the pilots dont get a BF seat for their crew rest, they "rest" in 21 DEF.

Gee, THREE coach seats in the back aren't enough, they need the EXIT ROW, too???

ssullivan Dec 4, 2010 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by guaCOmole (Post 15369723)
Where are the curtains? Crew rest areas are always out of customer view. Very few flights over 8 hours on the 752 anyway, hence no crew rest.

Says who? They aren't on CO's 752s. The extra pilot has a BF seat as well.

featheroleather Dec 4, 2010 9:59 pm

There is no designated BF crew rest seat on the 57 or 67. If there is an empty BF seat available, the pilots will be seated in it, or if BF is full 21DEF on the 57 or 27DEF on the 767. This was a contractual concession, which will be restored to BF when new FAA rules go into effect.

Originally Posted by hughw (Post 15370609)
To the best of my recollection, the last seat in the middle of the forward BF cabin on 767-400 (the only BF cabin on a 767-200) is a pilot's designated rest seat. I don't remember ever seeing curtains around it.

Can't think of any 8:00+ flight on the 752.
The majority of flights from Europe to EWR are blocked>>8hrs. LHR,MAN,AMS,CDG,LIS,CPH,MAD,HAM,TXL,BRU,BCN,BHX,AR N,OSL.

Gee, THREE coach seats in the back aren't enough, they need the EXIT ROW, too???
Again, it was a contractual issue. IMO, not good to have them so far away from the cockpit if they're needed up there ASAP.

ande777emt Dec 4, 2010 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by featheroleather (Post 15383192)
Again, it was a contractual issue. IMO, not good to have them so far away from the cockpit if they're needed up there ASAP.

Agree. UA will typically a pilot 2A in F for 763 flights. They also have 4 old biz seats right behind the C galley for crew.

In AC the last seat in C 8K, and sometimes 7K, and 6K will be used as pilot seats. Interestingly enough in their contract they get to be at least 2 rows away from infants and children.

I was 2A and swapped with the guy in 2K as I would not be able to discuss work with a coworker in 2F. We were then asked to move to 7 to Heard something about that on a forum and on a YVR-ICN flight they moved a couple with an infant up to 6 F,K and moved a a couple with an infant up.

Talked to the reserve pilot behind me and he said they get that as part of their contract. I've also seen people rant about that in the AC forum as well.