FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   FAs making up rules... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1126580-fas-making-up-rules.html)

COEWRFA Sep 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Such a proper place to make a post against your own co-worker's for doing final a little early. It's not that serious and it's people like you that make inconsequential things such as preparing a little early, over dramatic rants on a passenger forum. A few days ago the Captain never gave a PA nor did he give a double ding. We were busy doing paper work and thought we still had plenty of time until we heard the gear drop, should we have managed our time better? Sure but that is why we have those reminders. I could only imagine the stroke you would of had working that flight. Lighten up Lukey, there are more serious things going on in the world such as why do they want Wendy Williams to tone down herself and her hair weave. :rolleyes:

Steph3n Sep 16, 2010 12:20 am

Originally Posted by COEWRFA (Post 14665921)
Such a proper place to make a post against your own co-worker's for doing final a little early. It's not that serious and it's people like you that make inconsequential things such as preparing a little early, over dramatic rants on a passenger forum. A few days ago the Captain never gave a PA nor did he give a double ding. We were busy doing paper work and thought we still had plenty of time until we heard the gear drop, should we have managed our time better? Sure but that is why we have those reminders. I could only imagine the stroke you would of had working that flight. Lighten up Lukey, there are more serious things going on in the world such as why do they want Wendy Williams to tone down herself and her hair weave. :rolleyes:

You know, it irritates us sometimes as well. Everyone makes mistakes (pilot forgetting announcement), but there are several times I have seen the final prep starting a good 30 minutes out, and it is really not needed to start it THAT early.

gawhite411 Sep 16, 2010 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Steph3n (Post 14666075)
You know, it irritates us sometimes as well. Everyone makes mistakes (pilot forgetting announcement), but there are several times I have seen the final prep starting a good 30 minutes out, and it is really not needed to start it THAT early.

Of course not, but the sooner they do it, the sooner they can announce "this concludes the service portion of our flight today" and sit on the jumpseat kibbitzing about banalities. I find the lazier crews tend to try to start preparing the cabin earliest as it allows them to stop providing service.

mike_asia Sep 16, 2010 5:22 am

Originally Posted by gawhite411 (Post 14666654)
Of course not, but the sooner they do it, the sooner they can announce "this concludes the service portion of our flight today" and sit on the jumpseat kibbitzing about banalities. I find the lazier crews tend to try to start preparing the cabin earliest as it allows them to stop providing service.

This is correct my son. The sooner they can sit down the sooner they can start complaining.

LukeSkywaiter Sep 16, 2010 5:29 am

Hey Lorenzo (que Mexican flamingo music and break out the fluffy shirt and maracas), would you rather me write lazy FAs up? Or vent about it here? Our job is incredibly easy, and we don't need to make it harder by making up our own rules. I'm not so much bothered by FAs who make the final announcement early, as I am by those who actually enforce it. It's embarrassing, and is extremely unprofessional. With authority comes responsibility, and certain FAs need to learn this.

controller1 Sep 16, 2010 5:31 am

Such a proper place to make a post against your own co-worker's for doing final a little early. It's not that serious

No, it's not "serious" but for some of us who travel very heavily throughout the week, that extra 10-15 minutes is time that we can spend completing work. Some weeks I travel on approximately 8-10 flights and if each of those flights closed service and started doing final preps 10 minutes early, that's about 1 1/2 hours of lost productivity for me just to make the FA crews' jobs easier.

Just food for thought.

LukeSkywaiter Sep 16, 2010 6:16 am

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER (Post 14664414)
Luke..I would assume CO would have a policy prohibiting reflecting on internal "goings on" in a negative light by posting in a public forum..why would you bring this to the table on FlyerTalk?

I'm clearly taking a page from mike_asia's book and just trying to get my post count up.

mike_asia Sep 16, 2010 6:28 am

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter (Post 14666851)
I'm clearly taking a page from mike_asia's book and just trying to get my post count up.

no problem honey.

J.Edward Sep 16, 2010 6:31 am

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER (Post 14664414)
Luke..I would assume CO would have a policy prohibiting reflecting on internal "goings on" in a negative light...

Yes, the CO Gestapo/Office of Executive Communication will be very, very upset! @:-)

:rolleyes:

mike_asia Sep 18, 2010 1:03 am

Originally Posted by J.Edward (Post 14666892)
Yes, the CO Gestapo/Office of Executive Communication will be very, very upset! @:-)

:rolleyes:

Very racist word to use.

Wilke Sep 18, 2010 1:42 am

Originally Posted by mike_asia (Post 14691169)
Very racist word to use.

Against whom is this racism directed? The Gestapo race?

If that's the word to which you object, I don't see why it's any more racist than use of, let's say, "Ebonics."

CopperSteve Sep 18, 2010 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Wilke (Post 14691320)

If that's the word to which you object, I don't see why it's any more racist than use of, let's say, "Ebonics."

Increasing my post count with a great big ^

jlemon Sep 18, 2010 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Wilke (Post 14691320)

I think the best course of action at this point with regard to posts by mike_:rolleyes: is to just ignore him. Completely.

Eventually, he'll lose interest......

cjgibson Sep 18, 2010 7:47 am

there are more serious things going on in the world such as why do they want Wendy Williams to tone down herself and her hair weave

Feel it, feel it, feel it... How YOU doin'? :cool: