FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Seat Selection Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1102264-seat-selection-question.html)

dwsnc Jul 5, 2010 9:01 am

Seat Selection Question

I am CO silver now and booked a ticket on Continental.com to Europe in August. The best deal was a code share on United which I picked for 55m miles. I was provided a confirmation number by Continental.

I was given seat assignments on the return, but none on the outbound. The assigned seats are bad which I want to change and I would like to pick seats on the outbound.

I cannot do this on either airline website with my confirmation number. Should I contact CO or UA?

Thanks in advance for any advice

njxbean Jul 5, 2010 10:26 am

you should be able to do it on UA's website. but if its not working for you, give them a call.

snod08 Jul 5, 2010 10:27 am

Originally Posted by dwsnc (Post 14245628)
I am CO silver now and booked a ticket on Continental.com to Europe in August. The best deal was a code share on United which I picked for 55m miles. I was provided a confirmation number by Continental.

I was given seat assignments on the return, but none on the outbound. The assigned seats are bad which I want to change and I would like to pick seats on the outbound.

I cannot do this on either airline website with my confirmation number. Should I contact CO or UA?

Thanks in advance for any advice

You have to call UA with the UA confirmation number, since the flight is operated by United. IF you dont know the UA confirmation number, call CO to get that info, since CO ticketed this trip for you.

sbm12 Jul 5, 2010 11:02 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 14246015)
IF you dont know the UA confirmation number, call CO to get that info, since CO ticketed this trip for you.

Or just call UA anyways and give them the flight number and date. If you're calling in anyways no need to also call CO to get the PNR first.

ralfp Jul 5, 2010 11:05 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 14246015)
You have to call UA with the UA confirmation number, since the flight is operated by United. IF you dont know the UA confirmation number, call CO to get that info, since CO ticketed this trip for you.

No need to call anyone to get the UA PNR, though UA can probably get it from the eTicket number.

To get the UA PNR on their web site use the eTicket number (can find it on the receipt on the CO web site) and your last name. Go to ual.com and select "My Reservations" under "Reservations & check-in".

After you pull up the reservation you can see the UA PNR.