Seat Selection Question

 
Old Jul 5, 10, 9:01 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Delta Gold
Posts: 416
Seat Selection Question

I am CO silver now and booked a ticket on Continental.com to Europe in August. The best deal was a code share on United which I picked for 55m miles. I was provided a confirmation number by Continental.

I was given seat assignments on the return, but none on the outbound. The assigned seats are bad which I want to change and I would like to pick seats on the outbound.

I cannot do this on either airline website with my confirmation number. Should I contact CO or UA?

Thanks in advance for any advice
dwsnc is offline  
Old Jul 5, 10, 10:26 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jersey
Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Posts: 1,085
you should be able to do it on UA's website. but if its not working for you, give them a call.
njxbean is offline  
Old Jul 5, 10, 10:27 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
Originally Posted by dwsnc View Post
I am CO silver now and booked a ticket on Continental.com to Europe in August. The best deal was a code share on United which I picked for 55m miles. I was provided a confirmation number by Continental.

I was given seat assignments on the return, but none on the outbound. The assigned seats are bad which I want to change and I would like to pick seats on the outbound.

I cannot do this on either airline website with my confirmation number. Should I contact CO or UA?

Thanks in advance for any advice
You have to call UA with the UA confirmation number, since the flight is operated by United. IF you dont know the UA confirmation number, call CO to get that info, since CO ticketed this trip for you.
snod08 is offline  
Old Jul 5, 10, 11:02 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,204
Originally Posted by snod08 View Post
IF you dont know the UA confirmation number, call CO to get that info, since CO ticketed this trip for you.
Or just call UA anyways and give them the flight number and date. If you're calling in anyways no need to also call CO to get the PNR first.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Jul 5, 10, 11:05 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Posts: 5,485
Originally Posted by snod08 View Post
You have to call UA with the UA confirmation number, since the flight is operated by United. IF you dont know the UA confirmation number, call CO to get that info, since CO ticketed this trip for you.
No need to call anyone to get the UA PNR, though UA can probably get it from the eTicket number.

To get the UA PNR on their web site use the eTicket number (can find it on the receipt on the CO web site) and your last name. Go to ual.com and select "My Reservations" under "Reservations & check-in".

After you pull up the reservation you can see the UA PNR.
ralfp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: