Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1st Annual ... In Honour Of The Freddies DO... NYC... Saturday, April 24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
If you know what wine you're going to bring, please post. It will help others that haven't decided. If you're looking for a suggestion, PM me your phone number.

dh
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Saturday dinner in Chinatown.

Joes Shanghai
9 Pell St. (bet. Bowery & Mott St.) Manhattan, NY
212-233-8888

We expect to be there around 6 ish.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Planning on bringing a Cedric Bouchard Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs champagne (NV).
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Cool. These all things I've been wanting to do but haven't gotten around to on past trips.

Weather looks promising - sun but not too hot.

Assuming I can get to the Air Train by 9 am, I 'll see everyone at the 10:30 meeting point.

Oops, there are significant service advisories on both the A and E trains this weekend, so I may not be on time. A is running local through Brooklyn, E is not running down 8th Av. Sigh.

Last edited by makfan; Apr 23, 2010 at 11:58 am Reason: Subway disruptions
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
I'm local and will be returning to NYC late tonight. It would be great to meet up with some FTers so I'll try to get to the 1030am meeting place. Violist, haven't seen you since Singapore.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Egidio Pepe 06.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Dan emailed me the menu. I cried. Hope you guys have an awesome time out there. Looking forward to some tasting notes!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:03 am

Thanks for setting up dinner last night, Dan--good food, good (or should I say excellent) wine, good company. What more could you ask for?

The Hawaiian has landed, so hopefully we'll be seeing you in a little while.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
For anyone meeting at the Brewery late this afternoon, here are directions from their website:

From Manhattan by subway:
Take any Uptown/Downtown line to 14th Street, change to the L train for Brooklyn, exit first stop in Brooklyn, Bedford Avenue, (stay at rear of train), walk from North 7th Street to North 11th Street, turn left (towards the water) and walk a block and a half to the brewery.

From Downtown Brooklyn by subway:
G train to Nassau Ave., follow Nassau Ave until it becomes Berry Street, at North 11th Street, turn right, go 1/2 block to brewery.

Great dinner last night!

Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
It was a great day to be outdoors among FlyerTalk friends, capped off by a wonderful and very reasonable Chinese dinner and pastries in Little Italy. Thanks for organizing things.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
thank you dhammer53 for organizing such a great event! sorry I missed the Staten Island Ferry ride, that would have been awesome but couldn't find parking in time to make it there, should have relied more on NJ public transport instead

thank you to bdnyc for taking some really great pictures for me, I really appreciate it!

it was a pleasure meeting so many new FlyerTalkers for the first time and seeing those I've met before again, looking forward to other events in the future

--Russ
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Thanks, Dan - it was a "klein aber fein" Do. Turns out 10-ish is a great number.

I trust that Calcifer and FlyinHawaiian had more serious things to
talk about on Saturday. I pointed out to some of us that in some
ways two is company, but 10-ish is a crowd.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:16 am

Sorry about that!

By the way, my dessert last night was a buttermilk panna cotta with rhubarb sauce--it was very reminiscent of Friday night's ice wine.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:30 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
You can blame me for not being able to sleep on redeyes (even when I am in 9A on p.s.); I got in, took a nap, and didn't way up until 11:30 a.m.

It would have been nice to see everyone; we'll be there for sure in June for the last (yeah, right) BRT.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I had a great time and saw things I never seen before here in NYC. A pleasure meeting everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.