Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

New York City Lunch on January 17 (Saturday) at 1PM!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York City Lunch on January 17 (Saturday) at 1PM!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
This looks like a good group! ^ I'm going to do my best to rearrange my schedule. Call me a maybe? I'll try to have a definite answer by Friday.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
Wish I could come meet some NYC FTers! I have to fly to IAH this weekend for tons of fun with my in-laws...
Sounds like much more fun than we'll be having. Hopefully next time!
Originally Posted by Kevincm
Grr. Now I wish I routed my mileage run through NYC on the way back home
You should, because PAM ANN will be performing on Sunday night!!! "Touch the trolley, back to the galley...."
Originally Posted by meducate
Hey Lucky, sorry to be missing you on this trip to MY city. I have two commitments out on Long Island where I live and would never be able to make it back in time. If you will be around on Monday PM me...
I leave Monday at noonish, I guess that's too early? I'll shoot you a PM.
Originally Posted by as219
This looks like a good group! ^ I'm going to do my best to rearrange my schedule. Call me a maybe? I'll try to have a definite answer by Friday.
I'm hoping you can make it!^
Old Jan 15, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
something to celebrate... 155 survivors

Last edited by TrueBlueFlyer; Jan 17, 2009 at 8:23 am Reason: correction
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So, anyone else? Come on, you know you wanna!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Come on, you know you wanna!
Wanna? Yes.
Canna?

Maybe another time coins.

Hey, what's that below? Oh. It's the 2008 BRT.

Looks like they'll be another SoupDo, maybe in June.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hi all! I am not very active (actually this is my first post) but I have been reading more often than writing here, and you guys are amazing! I also love flying and would be excited to meet FTer friends. Can I join tomorrow?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Welcome to (posting on) FlyerTalk, rocsdt!^

We'd love to have you join us. I'll go ahead and add your name to the list, and I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:39 pm
Commander Catcop

INformation on La Bonne Soupe

Friends... for those who are making their first SOUP DO appearance this is the Soup Menu ofthis great restaurant. For under 18 dollars (BEFORE TAX) you get three pretty nice courses:

http://www.labonnesoupe.com/LesBonnesSoupes.php

Of course the restaurant has many great dishes and deserts and for t hose who partake... three kinds of beer (last time it was a Belgian and Newcastle and I think Blue Moon.)

Can't make to see you all tomrorow.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:42 pm
Commander Catcop

Rocsdt... of course you are welcome to join us. Plus you picked a great event with a great bunch of FT-ers for your first FT event.

It's small enough where everyone can get a chance to talk and contribute. As you probably see some events (like the SFO Mega Dos put together by Lucky and other Mega Dos) can get big. It's good to start with a smaller event and work your way from there (I know from 10 years plus of Flyertalk experience.)

See everyone tomorrow afternoon!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:49 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Well, I have arrived in New York and I am looking forward to the New York CIty Lunch.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:04 am

Thank you, Lucky and Catman! I missed the SFO event and by luck saw this one in NYC (need to check FT more often), and yeh, the size and people are both great to me. See you soon there! -roc

Last edited by rocsdt; Jan 17, 2009 at 10:40 am
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks to all those that made it to lunch today!^ It was great to catch up with some old friends and also meet some new FT'ers. I hope to see you all again soon.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:31 pm
Commander Catcop

IT was another great afternoon to welcome Lucky back to NYC and to salute Jersey Vics on his last NYC do (for awhile, you are always welcoem back.)

It was a great group... nice meeting rocsdt and finally meeting ShopAround and seeing Jersey and Fly again and all of Lucky's family and friends.

As soon as Dhammer announces the date for the BRT stay turned for the date of the NEXT BIG SOUP DO. I've already warned La Bonne's manager to expect a large group (he said we may even get the private room again!)
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I couldn't make it to this, but I'd definitely like to attend the next one.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:14 am

It was great to meet you guys too, and the soup place was nice! Hope to have chance seeing you again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.