FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Most Number Of Flyertalkers On One Flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/788929-most-number-flyertalkers-one-flight.html)

Bundy Bear Feb 10, 2008 3:37 am

Most Number Of Flyertalkers On One Flight?

What is the most flyertalkers on one flight.

On the QF Forum of flyertalk we are organising the 6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

The event takes place in Brisbane and some Sydney and some Brisbane residents(its all about the miles right) are planning on flying up on Qantas flight QF175, its an international flight between 2 domestic airports.

Currently we have 17 on the same flight.

Has there ever been more flyertalkers on 1 flight.

Pat89339 Feb 10, 2008 5:00 am

Coast to Coast Mega Do

There were 17 of us on the Coast to Coast Mega Do In Flight Do just last month:

Pat89339
Chchkiwi
N334AA
Goalie
Newself
JeepGuy
UCBeau
sandyweb
aku
FlyinHawaiian
Lucky9876coins
Alliance
Mrs. Alliance
Daringdoo
Benny8444
Djerikd
DWP

We also met up with other FTers in the Los Angeles and Washington DC areas who joined in the land based events. You can read about it here: Coast-to-Coast Mega Do

It was an incredible amount of fun and a great way to spend 4 days.

We had a great group of FAs on board who put up with the lot of us and had an enjoyable time as well. The laboring oars and genius behind the event were lucky9876coins and Alliance

alex0683de Feb 10, 2008 8:16 am

On the way to the Malta DO last weekend, there were over 20 FTers on BA6938 (LGW-MLA) - the entire Club Europe cabin (4 rows with 5 seats each) was all FTers, plus a few unhappy souls in Economy. I can't remember the exact total though.

JayBrian Feb 10, 2008 8:23 am

It might have been the party plane from ORD to LHR to the London Do in 2003. I couldn't say how many were on the flight but I know there were many flyertalkers.

Craig6z Feb 10, 2008 8:31 am

23 on the PIP Express, November 4, 1999. UA Flight 57; LAX-HNL.

The entire upstairs on an old 747-200 was occupied by FT'ers.

http://members.aol.com/hawaiipip/express.html
http://members.aol.com/hawaiipip/express2.html

sandyweb33 Feb 10, 2008 9:34 am

ok, I see a challenge opportunity here? Alliance, Lucky, Pat? We need another and we all can help recruit! How about it?

Kiwi Flyer Feb 10, 2008 11:47 am

Originally Posted by sandyweb33 (Post 9225732)
ok, I see a challenge opportunity here? Alliance, Lucky, Pat? We need another and we all can help recruit! How about it?

It would be cool if we could organise an FT flight on the way to FT's 10th anniversary do at COS (date yet to be advised by Randy) later this year.

UCBeau Feb 10, 2008 11:47 am

Originally Posted by sandyweb33 (Post 9225732)

What if we got enough people together to take over the cabin on an RJ :D

aku Feb 10, 2008 11:48 am

I can see where this is heading. By the time it's over, someone will have chartered an FT flight that somehow still earns miles.... :)

Jaimito Cartero Feb 10, 2008 11:49 am

Originally Posted by aku (Post 9226407)
I can see where this is heading. By the time it's over, someone will have chartered an FT flight that somehow still earns miles.... :)

It's been talked about on the NW forum for months, but nothing has come out of it that I'm aware of.

Kiwi Flyer Feb 10, 2008 12:10 pm

It has also been talked about on Miles and More forum - Lufthansa private jet earns M&M miles. But capacity is limited (and fares rather high).

Jenbel Feb 10, 2008 12:18 pm

I seem to recall on the Barra Do, we had flights which were 90% FT - we might have even managed 100% on the outbound flight, or there was one person in the plane who wasn't an FTer (excluding pilot and co-pilot).

But since the plane was a Twin Otter, it only took around 18 - but still very nice to have it to ourselves :)

Cholula Feb 10, 2008 12:48 pm

If the aircraft has a FC section can you imagine the battle to see who sits up front? :eek: :D

supermasterphil Feb 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula (Post 9226727)
If the aircraft has a FC section can you imagine the battle to see who sits up front? :eek: :D

That will go by numbers of posts or years of membership ;)

ed1 Feb 10, 2008 2:53 pm

I'm not sure what the total numbers were on this one:
Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

This one has the potential to be huge:
747 charter for potential NWA DO: please read and respond to survey