Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
While stowing my bags in the overhead for my CX HKG-CMB flight last week, one of the flight attendants (a male) came up and asked, "are you on FlyerTalk," as he motioned to the tag on my backpack. I said, "yes."

He then said how he's seen a bunch of people over the past few months...due to the CX sale fare. As we were chatting, a couple seated in the middle, with 2 children (one in a seat the other on a lap) both commented how this was their 2nd time doing this trip.

While looking for my bags at the HGI in HKG, I saw some tags on other bags, but sadly the FT'er wasn't there.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Got flagged down by someone as I was walking through SEA C tonight by who noticed the tag and follows FT also. Didn’t get their screen name though.

Also worked several months ago to easily meet up with another FTer. IB- please consider bring these back! They are wonderful community enhancers.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Got flagged down by someone as I was walking through SEA C tonight by who noticed the tag and follows FT also. Didn’t get their screen name though.

Also worked several months ago to easily meet up with another FTer. IB- please consider bring these back! They are wonderful community enhancers.
While not the same as the tags I bought a year or so ago, luggage tags are still available:

https://www.cafepress.com/flyertalk.733068051
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by 747FC
While not the same as the tags I bought a year or so ago, luggage tags are still available
That style is not distinctive enough. The original tags are unmistakable and noticeable in the crowd.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Majuki
That style is not distinctive enough. The original tags are unmistakable and noticeable in the crowd.
Agreed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I wasn't aware of the "update," so I haven't been looking for it.

As distinctive as the "old" tags are, I haven't been spotted in a number of years...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The old tags were laminated paper/cardstock with a slot punched in them. Come on, IB, surely you can get an intern to churn them out?
CopperSteve likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I was spotted wearing my Flyertalk hoodie sweatshirt at a local market. When I asked him his screen name, he told me he was a lurker.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:58 pm

It looks like the tags have been revamped and are now available on the merchandise page: https://www.flyertalk.com/store/

While I like the idea of a more sturdy tag for luggage, I think that the previous laminated versions were perfect for personal bags and backpacks. This new version looks like it could be on the heavier, bulkier side for smaller bags. However, it's hard to tell from just pictures, so I'll see what they're like when they arrive.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by eeflyer
It looks like the tags have been revamped and are now available on the merchandise page: https://www.flyertalk.com/store/

While I like the idea of a more sturdy tag for luggage, I think that the previous laminated versions were perfect for personal bags and backpacks. This new version looks like it could be on the heavier, bulkier side for smaller bags. However, it's hard to tell from just pictures, so I'll see what they're like when they arrive.
I just ordered two pairs. I prefer the laminated tags because they're a lot more noticeable, but these can complement the collection. ^
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
This new version looks like it could be on the heavier, bulkier side for smaller bags. However, it's hard to tell from just pictures, so I'll see what they're like when they arrive.
Moderators received these in early November. The new tag has a covered window to hold a business or address card.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:30 pm

Thanks for the alert - just ordered a pair. Can’t wait for them to arrive.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Had a fellow FTer hold the elevator for me on the way out of the SFO SkyClub Saturday afternoon, 12/29. That inspired me to purchase my own set of bag tags!
beckoa likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Hey fellow FTers,

My car was broken into and they made away with my carry-on. All the electronics and valuables aside, it is the items with sentimental value that hurt. I ordered the new style FT tags but does anyone possibly have a spare old style FT priority tags laying around that they can ship/sell to me?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:52 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mdbe
Hey fellow FTers,

My car was broken into and they made away with my carry-on. All the electronics and valuables aside, it is the items with sentimental value that hurt. I ordered the new style FT tags but does anyone possibly have a spare old style FT priority tags laying around that they can ship/sell to me?
That's sad. I'm so sorry. And I can help with the FT luggage tags. PM me with your mailing address.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That's sad. I'm so sorry. And I can help with the FT luggage tags. PM me with your mailing address.
Thank you very much. PM'ed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.