Reload this Page >

Kansas City BBQ DO - May 5th-7th, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kansas City BBQ DO - May 5th-7th, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:35 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Put me down as a maybe!
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Darn.

We're at a wedding in DC this weekend.

dh
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Really sorry I have to miss this - I will try to keep early May 2024 open so I can attend next year.

Back when Violist and lili were regular attendees, they always headed to Stroud's after (Oklahoma/KC) Joe's early Saturday afternoon.
They will be missed but it's good to see familiar names among the confirmed attendees.
dhammer53 and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have fond memories of past Kansas City bbq dos. Will there be a schedule for Saturday with predetermined choices of restaurants?
Two Flyertalkers met at the MCIDo about 11 years ago.

For those of you wanting to visit a Presidential Museum, you'll need 90 minutes here > https://www.trumanlibrary.gov/
It's 25 minutes due east of Union Station.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:28 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Two Flyertalkers met at the MCIDo about 11 years ago.
We were there and saw it begin to unfold. He gave her an onion ring and it led to him giving her a wedding ring.

For those of you wanting to visit a Presidential Museum, you'll need 90 minutes here > https://www.trumanlibrary.gov/
It's 25 minutes due east of Union Station.
Solid recommendation. We enjoyed it as well as the fascinating Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by WSTC
I enjoy minor league ball and if you do too, our team (the Monarchs, named after our Negro League team) is playing exhibition games against the Savannah Bananas on Th/Fri/Sat of that week. Also, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is located just east of Downtown in the 18th & Vine District.
The Monarchs games all have 7pm start ... which makes me wonder whether I should fly in Thu afternoon to catch one. Will anyone be interested in some pre-DO activities?
The Royals play at 7pm as well Friday and Saturday, which interferes with BBQ and group activities. ;( Their Sunday game is at 1pm, but Sunday night flights are $$$. Decisions, decisions...
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by legalalien
The Monarchs games all have 7pm start ... which makes me wonder whether I should fly in Thu afternoon to catch one. Will anyone be interested in some pre-DO activities?
The Royals play at 7pm as well Friday and Saturday, which interferes with BBQ and group activities. ;( Their Sunday game is at 1pm, but Sunday night flights are $$$. Decisions, decisions...
I'm considering the Thursday night game as well to leave the rest of the nights open.
legalalien likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by Governator
Put me down as a maybe for now. Also would be interested in going to Royals or Monarchs game with others interested.
I'm confirmed, in Thursday, out Sunday (departing DL to enjoy the SC!). Plan on Thursday night Monarch game and to visit Truman Library and TWA Museum on Friday and brewery/distillery on Saturday! Tag-alongs welcome!
FriendlySkies and cocobird like this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I'm confirmed, in Thursday, out Sunday (departing DL to enjoy the SC!). Plan on Thursday night Monarch game and to visit Truman Library and TWA Museum on Friday and brewery/distillery on Saturday! Tag-alongs welcome!
Fly in on Friday, so unable to match up with your plans because I have a prior Thursday engagement at home. On the other hand, if you want to delay the Truman library and TWA museum to Saturday, I'll happily keep you company!
Governator and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Put me down as confirmed. I'm hoping to make it to the Friday events but I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday for sure.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL:DM;DL Reserve; LT Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Explorist
I'm planning on going.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've updated the list with all of the confirmed/tentative folks. If you're flying in on Thursday, the Monarchs play their exhibition game against the Savannah Bananas at 7:00pm. The Royals will play the Oriels at 1:10pm. Strouds is definitely a possibility and we can try to organize something as we get closer and more folks get their flights booked.
mnmag likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've updated the list with all of the confirmed/tentative folks. If you're flying in on Thursday, the Monarchs play their exhibition game against the Savannah Bananas at 7:00pm. The Royals will play the Oriels at 1:10pm. Strouds is definitely a possibility and we can try to organize something as we get closer and more folks get their flights booked.
I’ve changed my reservation to coming in Thursday for the Monarch/Savannah game. What’s the best way to handle tickets? I’d be glad to PayPal or Zelle. Maybe a group dinner before game?

Edit: I checked the Monarch site about tickets and they seem to be sold out except suites and they suggest getting on the Savannah ticket waitlist.

Last edited by AFAM-DFW; Jan 25, 2023 at 2:17 pm
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
I'm interested. Please mark me as tentative.
SanDiego1K and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm in. Arriving late Thursday, departing early Sunday.

to visit Truman Library and TWA Museum on Friday and brewery/distillery on Saturday! Tag-alongs welcome!
Count me in.

I've not been to a baseball game before, so I'd be interested to see one. Someone might have to explain the rules. :-)

Last edited by Calchas; Jan 25, 2023 at 4:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.