FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   The LAX Area Happy Hour Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/2084876-lax-area-happy-hour-thread.html)

Flying Machine Jun 28, 2022 2:35 pm

The LAX Area Happy Hour Thread

Exciting LAX Area Inaugural Happy Hour
Wednesday July 27th, 2022
Public School 310
Culver City, CA
Recess Hour 4:00 - 6:00 PM

On July 27th, LA based FTers are putting on the first, of what will hopefully become monthly happy hours. A chance for newbies and road warriors alike to talk the latest in miles and points.

By making it a monthly event our hope is to allow as many people as possible to take part. Sometimes one off events don’t always work for everyone. This way, if you can’t make one date, you can always catch us at the next event.

Depending on feedback and experience, we may keep to a single location, or move around. We’ll always try to find somewhere with good parking and proximity to public transport links, as well as quality locations with favorable food and beverage pricing.

Flying Machine Jun 28, 2022 2:35 pm

July 27th 2022 Recess Hour 4:00 - 6:00 PM

Public School 310
9411 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232

310 558 0414

https://www.google.com/search?q=publ...client=safari#

Liquid Education:
$5.00 Beer and Wine
$8.00 Signature Cocktail’s
$5.00 Well Drinks
$6.00 Call Drinks & Sangria
Discounted Bar Bites
https://www.psontap.com/ps-310#menu=...aka-happy-hour

One-HourFree Parking in Parking Structures

Flyertalk parking is available in three public parking structures throughout downtown. The first one hour is free and each additional 30 minutes is $1.00 with an $12 maximum per day. Parking is available from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. at the following locations:
  • 9099 Washington Blvd.
  • 3846 Cardiff Ave.
  • 3844 Watseka Ave

Metro E Line Station (Walking Distance)
https://goo.gl/maps/W2NHV4rRCdthTPY7A

Flying Machine Jun 28, 2022 3:01 pm

Attendance

Please RSVP in the thread and I’ll update accordingly

Yes, I’m attending (Honor Roll)
Flying Machine
jediwho
davewho??
1K_From_SNA
Zorak
dobolina
cesco.g
nexus7556
DELee

Maybe, I’ll attend (Studying in the Library)

Waitlist (Trying to hang with the cool kids)

No, I can’t make it (Detention)
Sweet Willie
krazykanuck
marcwint55
angetenar

angetenar Jun 28, 2022 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 34378326)
Sorry Folks I don’t know how to make a Wiki!

At the top of the thread, there's a blue bar with "Thread Tools," "Search this Thread," and "Rate Thread." Under Thread Tools, you can select "Create a Wikipost" which seems like it should do it.

I am a tentative maybe at the moment.

Sweet Willie Jun 29, 2022 10:10 am

I'm confirmed to be up in the great northwoods of Wisconsin on July 27 with family. I'll keep my eye out for other LA gatherings

1K_From_SNA Jun 29, 2022 4:02 pm

I'm in.

I tried to book SNA-LAX but apparently they cancelled the route years ago. So I will use ground transportation, and try to get a UA voucher for ir.

Dave

cesco.g Jun 29, 2022 8:16 pm

Kudos to FlyingMachine for initiating what hopefully will a regular "Stammtisch" for LAX-based and visiting FTers! :tu:
Not to mention the "academic touch" added in! :)
Currently, I am up for the Library, pending travel plans for the second half of next month.

Flying Machine Jun 30, 2022 9:16 am

Originally Posted by angetenar (Post 34379423)
At the top of the thread, there's a blue bar with "Thread Tools," "Search this Thread," and "Rate Thread." Under Thread Tools, you can select "Create a Wikipost" which seems like it should do it.

I am a tentative maybe at the moment.

Hope you can make it. Thanks for the tip on the Wiki, I use an iPhone so I didn’t know that. I did some research and I have the multi quote function nailed down now on iOS. Perhaps for future events I’ll look into the Wiki for iOS. But for now we’ll keep things as they stand.

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 34380800)
I'm confirmed to be up in the great northwoods of Wisconsin on July 27 with family. I'll keep my eye out for other LA gatherings

Enjoy! Hope to see you at another event, unfortunately I have to place you in detention for now!

Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA (Post 34381977)
I'm in.

I tried to book SNA-LAX but apparently they cancelled the route years ago. So I will use ground transportation, and try to get a UA voucher for ir.

Dave

Glad that you can make it. I thought you had several Uber/Lift vouchers from UA?

Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post 34382518)
Kudos to FlyingMachine for initiating what hopefully will a regular "Stammtisch" for LAX-based and visiting FTers! :tu:
Not to mention the "academic touch" added in! :)
Currently, I am up for the Library, pending travel plans for the second half of next month.

Hopefully you’ll be able to attend! We need your involvement for it to be a real Stammtisch!

As to the Kudos on initiating, there are (2) Vice Principals involved.

davewho?? Vice Principal of Communication and Chair of the English Department whom was the ghostwriter for the copy in Post #1

jediwho Vice Principal of Mathematics and Chair of the Audit Committee

marcwint55 Jul 1, 2022 9:14 am

I am flying back into LAX on the 27th at 1:30 pm, so I will kill some time in the UA lounge and then join all of you.

Zorak Jul 6, 2022 9:33 pm

I'm a strong "maybe" for this, will update when it gets closer...

Flying Machine Jul 7, 2022 9:48 am

Originally Posted by marcwint55 (Post 34387116)
I am flying back into LAX on the 27th at 1:30 pm, so I will kill some time in the UA lounge and then join all of you.

Nice to hear that you can make it!

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 34403382)
I'm a strong "maybe" for this, will update when it gets closer...

Thanks! Hopefully you’ll be able to attend.

davewho?? Jul 10, 2022 5:26 pm

We'll be welcoming new and familiar faces. We'd appreciate any feedback the attendees can provide. This will help us to make the meetups as good as we can.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 27th!

nexus7556 Jul 12, 2022 7:28 pm

I'm a maybe! This will be my first FT meetup. I'm scheduled to be in OC the 26th, have see if I can stick around an extra day

DELee Jul 13, 2022 12:30 am

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34420341)
I'm a maybe! This will be my first FT meetup. I'm scheduled to be in OC the 26th, have see if I can stick around an extra day

That's easy - fly DL or AS.

David

Flying Machine Jul 13, 2022 5:39 am

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34420341)

Excellent! Hopefully your schedule will permit. We are delighted that our gathering could be your first FT DO!