Wiki Posts
Search

New member banned from FlyerTalk

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2002, 8:56 am
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

New member banned from FlyerTalk

A new member had been banned from FlyerTalk after only two posts: SomeCautionAndModeration.

It is likely this is a current member seeking to protect his/her own identity on FlyerTalk, however, not only has this new member been banned (the following thread is really no way to get started on FlyerTalk) but his/her IP address has also been banned. This will make it embarassing for the "real" member to not be able to post as well.

Warning: It is quite possible to express one's opinion of an issue without flaming other members. An opinion is just an opinion. If you believe another member is full of BS, decide that personally, not publically.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/015940.html

[This message has been edited by Randy Petersen (edited 12-02-2002).]
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Randy Petersen:
...but his/her IP address has also been banned.</font>
I wonder what percentage of FT members have a fixed IP address these days?

I know that every time I reboot I'm given a new address from a block "owned" by my ISP.

Hypothetically, banning a specific IP address could result in a perfectly innocent individual being unable to post.

Granted, this would be an extremely rare event.

birdstrike
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:27 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Randy,

THANKS for sharing!

William
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:33 am
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

This one had a fixed IP adress and we are aware of the difference as we track many of their posts, not just one. And if you were to ask at least one or two permanately banned members, it is easy to determine their ISP and file a report with it. We've found very supportive ISPs who in their own world's don't support disruptive behavior.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Randy. That's nice to know.

Cheers,

birdstrike
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:54 am
Suspended

Obviously this "new member" was born to be banned.

And a hearty good-riddance to whomever the member was that created this new ID for this purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.