Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XIV, April 12-14, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
News story about Castle and Key.

My dad mentioned today he might want to take a tour during the DO.

https://lex18.com/news/covering-kentucky/2019/03/19/castle-and-key-opens-new-tasting-experience
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Just a reminder, https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...y-Ale-Taproom#.
This is in the LEX airport.

Last edited by rxgeek; Mar 31, 2019 at 11:04 am Reason: Added location
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Keeneland Scandal

Saturday's WSJ (3/23) had a story about the vets cheating at the Keeneland horse auctions. Might be behind a pay wall. https://www.wsj.com/articles/misdati...?mod=flipboard
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My parents just realized they have a prior commitment during the Heirloom dinner Friday night. So 2 seats are available. Chatted with rxgeek and he will keep the reservation list at 10 in case anyone else wants to join. PM him to claim.

If no one takes them, rxgeek will release them a couple days ahead.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:08 am

Dinner Friday

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
My parents just realized they have a prior commitment during the Heirloom dinner Friday night. So 2 seats are available. Chatted with rxgeek and he will keep the reservation list at 10 in case anyone else wants to join. PM him to claim.

If no one takes them, rxgeek will release them a couple days ahead.
125 East Main Street
Midway, KY 40347(859) 846-5565
Dinner Friday at Heirloom in Midway is reserved for 6 pm The other stores near the restaurant are worth a visit, too so I suggest you arrive in town a bit early. The reservation is under my name for 10 people.
rxgeek+1
johnrxman+1
toomanybooks
Flyerbeek
Santander
makersmark
bk3day
herb687

Last edited by rxgeek; Mar 30, 2019 at 11:14 am Reason: Missed a name
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This popped up on my Facebook. Might be worthwhile to some of you.

https://www.barreledandbold.com/visit/#
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rxgeek
125 East Main Street
Dinner Friday at Heirloom in Midway is reserved for 6 pm The other stores near the restaurant are worth a visit, too so I suggest you arrive in town a bit early. The reservation is under my name for 10 people.
rxgeek+1
johnrxman+1
toomanybooks
Flyerbeek
Santander
makersmark
bk3day
herb687
makersmark tells me he is not coming, so someone else can grab that 10th seat.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:00 am

Heirloom Updated

Originally Posted by rxgeek
125 East Main Street

Unfortunately, makersmark can't make it but glad to accommodate flighttracker in his place.
Rxgeek+1
Johnrxman+1
Toomanybooks
Flyerbeek
Santander
FlightTracker
Bk3day
Herb687
Waitlist:
u2fan

Last edited by rxgeek; Mar 31, 2019 at 11:52 am Reason: added waitlist
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I would like to visit here next time. I thought it would be convenient for Friday since just past Midway, but we won't be arriving in time. We have a tour booked at Churchill Downs Friday on the way down from Cinci..
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just got a call from u2fan that’s he’s coming. Told him he could have an Heirloom spot if still available, but I see that it is not.

rxgeek, please put him on the waitlist.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton Honors
This looks like fun: count me in
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Keeneland Saturday Seats? Saturday Morning Plans?

Unfortunately I dropped the ball again and didn't call Keeneland early to try and get box seating through their group sales department. Reserved grandstand seating is currently sold out for Saturday (though in the past some availability has opened up inside of a few days). As a last ditch effort, I'm going to be trying to talk to someone in sales at Keeneland tomorrow. I know that rxgeek+3 and GrjApp are interested in reserved seating for Saturday. Can anyone else let me know if they'd like to be included?

Worst case, StubHub may become a last minute option if I don't make any progress with Keeneland directly.

I'm going to the Saturday morning 10:30 tour of Godolphin at Jonabell Farm. It is located very close to KLEX (5 minutes, practically borders the south side of the airport property) and Keeneland (10 minutes). Due to that, we could meet up at the Track Kitchen beforehand or do the "formal" Saturday morning trackside breakfast at Keeneland while watching morning workouts. Of course, donuts to go from Spalding's may also appear!

I haven't done the organized trackside breakfast at Keeneland in years but it could be a good introduction to Keeneland for some of our first time DO attendees.

Last edited by Herb687; Apr 2, 2019 at 5:57 pm Reason: added name to interest list
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by Herb687
Unfortunately I dropped the ball again and didn't call Keeneland early to try and get box seating through their group sales department. Reserved grandstand seating is currently sold out for Saturday (though in the past some availability has opened up inside of a few days). As a last ditch effort, I'm going to be trying to talk to someone in sales at Keeneland tomorrow. I know that rxgeek+3 and GrjApp are interested in reserved seating for Saturday. Can anyone else let me know if they'd like to be included?

Worst case, StubHub may become a last minute option if I don't make any progress with Keeneland directly.

I'm going to the Saturday morning 10:30 tour of Godolphin at Jonabell Farm. It is located very close to KLEX (5 minutes, practically borders the south side of the airport property) and Keeneland (10 minutes). Due to that, we could meet up at the Track Kitchen beforehand or do the "formal" Saturday morning trackside breakfast at Keeneland while watching morning workouts. Of course, donuts to go from Spalding's may also appear!

I haven't done the organized trackside breakfast at Keeneland in years but it could be a good introduction to Keeneland for some of our first time DO attendees.
I'm also interested in Grandstand seats, if available.

While, you're at it, can you also put in a reservation for a sunny day?

thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Herb687

How about Sunday tickets? Is the trackside breakfast the same as the Track Kitchen?

Last edited by rxgeek; Apr 3, 2019 at 6:09 am Reason: Asking about breakfast.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: UA,DL, Hhonors silver
I'm interested for any Keeneland event for Saturday or Sunday. Haven't ever been there before. thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.