Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I received a box today from Seattle, too!!! I haven't unwrapped anything yet, but I peeked inside to make sure everything was okay. I can already tell that I will be THRILLED when I officially open everything. :-) Like - thank you, more than you can ever know - thank you. I really needed something to make me smile today, and this was totally it. :-)

I LOVE the Secret Santa program!!! :-)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum
I finally made it to the post office yesterday and my Secret Santa gift should reach its destination within the week! So glad that I could be a part of this and I hope that my drawn giftee will like what I picked for him.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Thanks to a very secret Secret Santa - Aveda travel bundle and a travel pillow the likes of which I have never seen!
Tpa-flyer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
FedEx is conspiring to keep me from opening my presents today, and the weather may conspire to keep me from opening them tomorrow. FedEx said it would be delivered between 8:15-11:15 AM. It's not here yet. We're supposed to get snow and freezing rain tomorrow, all day, so I may end up spending another night away from home.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:43 am

Update: FedEx just delivered the package! I'm off to grab it from the porch and open it!!! Yay!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Update: FedEx just delivered the package! I'm off to grab it from the porch and open it!!! Yay!
I think we have the same Secret Santa. You are going to be impressed!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:14 am

Yay!!!! I managed to open it before I leave! I was greeted by a huge FedEx box, and when I opened it (with Santa's permission), I was greeted by a styrofoam cooler and two wrapped presents, along with a card. I did open the card first, and I'd love to know where in PA my Santa is from initially. The styrofoam cooler leaked a bit, and when I opened it, I discovered why. Inside were several freezer packs, that as they thawed, released a bit of condensation. They were keeping two different beers and a large triangle of cheese cold. When I opened the two wrapped packages, I found two different types of coffee (yummy, and a little disappointed I'll have to wait until next week to enjoy, so I may make some coffee before then), and a beer bottle dog toy, which Schultz has commandeered and is devouring.

Thank you, Santa!!! I love them!

Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
I think we have the same Secret Santa. You are going to be impressed!
I am! I'm a little upset I won't be able to enjoy any of it until at least tomorrow night, but it'll be a nice welcome home!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
I am! I'm a little upset I won't be able to enjoy any of it until at least tomorrow night, but it'll be a nice welcome home!
Great gifts!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
Great gifts!
They are! I'm looking forward to enjoying them.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:06 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by mdbe
May I make a suggestion and say that wharvey should email the recipients their tracking numbers? We've had tons of package thefts in the neighborhood and I'm worried stuff will go missing especially if I'm unaware that it's shipped.
Few things.... there is NO way that I am going to be doing this.... I spend hours a day on this process as it is.... and following up on stuff people do not do right the first time... I am not going to then also send people tracking information. Second, I never divulge identities of Santas…. so confirmation tracking could do that in some cases.

I suggest people sign up for services that let you know when you have a package... I get that for any USPS mail, UPS, Fedex and DHL packages.

I am sorry I cannot commit to more time... but I already spend way too much time on this project... as a result I no longer participate personally other than buy gifts for people who get shorted each year.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:16 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Head Santa Update:

1. I am noticing lots of gift photos being posted here... but I have received no information on many of the gifts being shipped and received. Understand, I want you to post here.... people enjoy seeing their gifts posted and the reception received. However, I only give credit in my files for gifts shipped and received when I get private messages. I do not have the time to cross reference every photo and post here with my file.

2. Santa will be leaving for Orlando for a long needed vacation over Thanksgiving. As such, do not expect any updates during that time.... I am not carrying my laptop nor the assignment file. Know that Head Elf is also available for help during this time. I will check in on my iPad while travelling so will do my best to respond.

3. Wish Santa luck as I will be checking out my new back at Universal Studios Florida next week. My neurosurgeon wants me to test it on all rides before my follow up six month appointment the following Monday. Should be fun and/or painful!

4. Remember, the final day to sign up is November 24th. I must have correct information by that date as I will doing final assignments the following week. If you want ADDITIONAL assignments, please resend me your info along with info on how many more Santas you would like to receive/get.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
Head Santa Update:

1. I am noticing lots of gift photos being posted here... but I have received no information on many of the gifts being shipped and received. Understand, I want you to post here.... people enjoy seeing their gifts posted and the reception received. However, I only give credit in my files for gifts shipped and received when I get private messages. I do not have the time to cross reference every photo and post here with my file.

2. Santa will be leaving for Orlando for a long needed vacation over Thanksgiving. As such, do not expect any updates during that time.... I am not carrying my laptop nor the assignment file. Know that Head Elf is also available for help during this time. I will check in on my iPad while travelling so will do my best to respond.

3. Wish Santa luck as I will be checking out my new back at Universal Studios Florida next week. My neurosurgeon wants me to test it on all rides before my follow up six month appointment the following Monday. Should be fun and/or painful!

4. Remember, the final day to sign up is November 24th. I must have correct information by that date as I will doing final assignments the following week. If you want ADDITIONAL assignments, please resend me your info along with info on how many more Santas you would like to receive/get.
I'm guilty of not sending a PM, but I just did. We can blame my excitement at not only receiving a package today, but knowing I had SantasS permission and even encouragement to rip into it ASAP!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Have selected presents as best I can for the vague suggestions from my giftees. Will send right after Thanksgiving based on their wishes. Hope they'll be pleased.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I will send my DM and post my pics once I officially open my Secret Santa items. I want to wait until next month to 'officially' open everything. :-)

I have finished ordering everything that needs ordering for my Santa-ees. I can't wait to wrap things!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.