11th Annual WineDo - NYC Sunday June 3, 2018 at North Square

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

11th Annual WineDo - NYC Sunday June 3, 2018 at North Square

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Wow! Early announcement.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I have an idea for a theme. Caution.

Last year we cut back on wine by having several people go in together. There wasn't as much wine leftover. I was thinking, and would appreciate your thoughts on bringing a magnum (double bottle) to WineDo. A double bottle means that 2 attendees must go in on a magnum. We'd still do Champagne and sweeties in regular bottle size. Single bottle minimum is still $35. A magnum would be $70. I think (?) it would be fun to have more wine to go around.

Thoughts? I'm not married to this idea.

dh
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
No (or maybe one) magnums in my wine refrig. I am not a fan of the idea. Although we were unable to be there, the team-ups seems to have worked well last year.
Eastbay1K and FlyinHawaiian like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I have no large format bottles in my holdings and, with the number of bottles I have, I would I have to find something to bring. I was at several Sonoma wineries a couple of weeks ago that had them but did not purchase any. Let me see if I find anything in Woodinville in a couple of weeks. I would prefer to stick to standard format if I had to choose right now.

Also, please put me on the confirmed list (when you start it).
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I have 2 bottles. One is being served with a large bird in a few weeks. The other - shipping becomes a bigger issue. Also (generally) if one of the magnums isn't a "fan favorite" of the crowd, after everyone tastes, there could remain 1L left in the bottle.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Like I said, I wasn't married to the idea.
For the record, I don't own any magnums either. I do own a double mag of a '10 Sojourn Ridgetop Pinot Noir.

Back to the drawing board.
mjm likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:49 pm
mjm
Original Member

" I do own a double mag of a '10 Sojourn Ridgetop Pinot Noir. "

Yeah you do.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhammer53
After a discussion with a few of you, the next WineDo will be Sunday June 2, 2019.

No other details at this time. I'll post a new thread in January. See you at the DLRoads .5 dinner in January. By that time I should have posted the WineDo11 thread. For those wondering, BRT is still in discussion mode.

dh
I just booked a B6 Minty flight on the 1st (had barely enough B6 points at the lowest redemption level, so that account is now at 181 points). Save me a seat, in case I'm traveling in January when you post "other details." Now, all I need is flight home, and a place to go shluffy.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monitor
No (or maybe one) magnums in my wine refrig. I am not a fan of the idea. Although we were unable to be there, the team-ups seems to have worked well last year.
Why don't you just bring that Nebuchadnezzar in your cellar. It will be enough for everyone and we'll call it a day!
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Resume on a later day :-(

Following up on the last note-- With the delayed planning it appears that many of you would be on the roads or n/a in late Jan or even
early feb 2019. I will aim to resume WineDO X.5 as a spring event in 2019, or revert back to early 2020. If there would be a crowd, I'd
still pull something earlier--I do have finalist's locations for WD. I'm sorry I didn't get to it earlier in the fall as initially planned.

I hope to see you all at the next WD x.5 and until then, Yamas!

Y'all (et. al)

I apologize this year has been a little 'roller coaster' and I did not get back on time to look into X.5. But, I believe I can arrange one :-) My immediate take would be 1/26 (sat) or 2/2 (also sat) as the potential dates. I know it is a little late for the typical set up time, but I believe I can make it work for both dates.

What I don't know is whether there is a group interest in a relatively short notice X.5. If I will have ~12, I can approach the candidate places and make the bubbles pour like water :-)

Please feel free to respond here ^

EDITED: I sent an email to valid emails I have available (still sorting through the mailbox). For few of you, the emails were bounced back (as far as I can tell, all bounced emails were business emails, hence I presume job changes et al)

Last edited by DLroads; Dec 9, 2018 at 6:28 pm Reason: Follow up, we'd resume on a later day:(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.