FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1889232-ann-arbor-art-fair-do-14-dtw-july-21-22-2018-a.html)

kaptab Jul 20, 2018 8:07 am

George, I hope to make your party tonight. Unfortunately, I won’t know if I can till the last minute.

Thanks,

Larry

LHA2 Jul 20, 2018 10:12 am

Planning to come to the talk only. Thanks for organizing again.

GrizShel Jul 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bikeguy (Post 29987379)
Reminder that if you are on FaceBook, search for and join the Ann Arbor Art Fair DO Group.

You will get the latest info this way and possibly be able to meet up with others in town early or late.

Okay I sent a request to join the group.

I'll be joining you guys tomorrow afternoon, evening, and for brunch Sunday morning. See ya soon!!

gpapadop Jul 21, 2018 9:28 am

I will be coming late to the festivities today. Apologies to the speaker who goes first!

I just returned from a 15 mile run. And everything hurts!

Thanks to all who came to my party last night. It was nice to see you all!

Mrp Alert Jul 21, 2018 8:24 pm

After party is raging at the Hyatt Place on the side patio by Burger King.

rxgeek Jul 22, 2018 6:56 am

Sunday dinner?

We're staying over Sunday. Anyone else? Meet for dinner? Zingerman's?

toomanybooks Jul 23, 2018 5:00 am

Thanks to bikeguy for organizing another excellent AA DO. And to gpapadop and his wife for the party.

Always fun to see old contacts and meet new folks.

RadioShow Jul 23, 2018 6:47 am

Another great Ann Arbor DO is now history.
Thanks to bikeguy for organizing, and to the speakers who shared their knowledge and stories.
Always good seeing familiar faces and new folks who attend this event.
Hope that everyone reached their home destinations safely.

aztimm Jul 26, 2018 2:24 pm

Can anyone in Ann Arbor recommend a good, casual place to eat dinner on a Sunday in mid-August?
I'll be doing a swim event at the Pickney recreation area in the morning and am staying in Brighton. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time lives in Hillsdale, and she will meet me in Ann Arbor.
Thinking around $15-20 per person, without drinks. A place with a patio/outside seating would be even better. We'll probably want to stick around for a while, so a place where they won't want to kick us out as soon as we finish eating.

Does anyone know when school starts back? This will be on Aug 19. I know when I was in college, the weekend before was total chaos for the town. Not sure if it is a big factor there.

Also, if anyone is around that weekend, shoot me a PM if you'd like to get together (Aug 17-20). I think they could still use kayakers and other support for the swim, if anyone is interested in getting up at an obscene hour and helping. ;)

BobH Jul 28, 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 30016535)
Can anyone in Ann Arbor recommend a good, casual place to eat dinner on a Sunday in mid-August?
I'll be doing a swim event at the Pickney recreation area in the morning and am staying in Brighton. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time lives in Hillsdale, and she will meet me in Ann Arbor.
Thinking around $15-20 per person, without drinks. A place with a patio/outside seating would be even better. We'll probably want to stick around for a while, so a place where they won't want to kick us out as soon as we finish eating.

Does anyone know when school starts back? This will be on Aug 19. I know when I was in college, the weekend before was total chaos for the town. Not sure if it is a big factor there.

Also, if anyone is around that weekend, shoot me a PM if you'd like to get together (Aug 17-20). I think they could still use kayakers and other support for the swim, if anyone is interested in getting up at an obscene hour and helping. ;)

Move in 'week' this year starts Aug 29, so you're OK with that.

Old German would be a good choice.

Bob H

BobBell Jul 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 30016535)

Buddy's Rendezvous Pizza. 3153 Ann Arbor - Salne Rd., just south of 94.

Bob

Bikeguy Feb 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Just an update that there will be an AAAF 2019. Still trying to lock down a speaker or 2. Announcement will be in a new thread when I have some commitments.

rxgeek Feb 20, 2019 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Bikeguy (Post 30799559)
Just an update that there will be an AAAF 2019. Still trying to lock down a speaker or 2. Announcement will be in a new thread when I have some commitments.

History suggests you better have a backup for each scheduled speaker.

CMK10 Feb 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Bikeguy (Post 30799559)

I'm happy to speak about lawyer things. I have a presentation called "Keeping your F-Ing Mouth Shut and Other Ways to Avoid Trouble" :D

rubesl Feb 22, 2019 7:51 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 30806975)
I'm happy to speak about lawyer things. I have a presentation called "Keeping your F-Ing Mouth Shut and Other Ways to Avoid Trouble" :D

I like the sound of this talk!