Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19th Annual BRT (Brooklyn Reality Tour) - June 2, 2018 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dhammer53
There's 1 seat available, and possibly a 2nd one.

Pick up time is 11:00. Better to arrive 10 minutes early than 2 minutes late. Doors close at 11:00. Pushback at 11:02.

Pick up > 234 East 46 street. It's the same location as previous tours. This is between Second and Third Avenue on the east side. It's just down the block from Sparks Steakhouse.

We may dodge the weather most of the day.
I just checked the weather. As of 9:00pm (2100), there is no chance of rain until 10:00pm. ^

Looks like there will be a few returnees, + 4 new riders. At least those 4 will be paying attention.

dh
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:57 pm
mjm
Original Member

Its 10:55am on June 2, where the heck is everyone?

oooh...... you meant EST. Right, ok. :-)
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'll be on my way shortly 30 min flight to JFK this morning. Trying out JetBlue's service out of Worcester Reginal Airport. Timings work great to make a day trip out of BRT. Arrived an hour before flight and I'm here way too early. Expenced to land JFK before 7am

What is it with people's needs to be in front of a plane with no first class. Back of the plane is all mine. This is one of the nice things about routes that airline is forced to fly by contract.

Last edited by CDKing; Jun 2, 2018 at 4:31 am
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
My +1 has definitely cancelled
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like 2 people backed out at the last minute. I anticipate a certain number of attendees when estimating the cost of BRT. With 2 riders backing out, and with no possible chance of getting last minute riders, I'll have to look at cost/expense tomorrow. In the past, when I could replace a rider, a refund was given. There were times when no refunds were offered since the tour had to cover it's cost.

Further discussion on Sunday.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Another excellent BRT in the books! Every one seems better than the last.

Thank you Dan, and thanks to all my fellow passengers who made for a great time!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Thanks Dan. Great tour, you deserve a key to the city. Enjoyed meeting some fun FTers.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Looking forward to next year's BRT.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I'll third that! I had a great time!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Plainsman
Looking forward to next year's BRT.
Already Plainsman is one of us. How do I know? He's causing trouble by his comments above.

I'm working on my BRT summation. It's fair to say that everyone knows the Moment of the tour.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Fun time as always, thanks to Dan for his patience and forbearance!!! ^

Suggestion for next year: Maybe Coney Island could be an opportunity for a side-by-side comparison of two hot dogs, Feltman's and Nathan's. Personally, I've tried them both, but not side-by-side, so I'm not sure which is my favorite. Feltman's (a recent revival of an old recipe that claims to predate Nathan's by some years) has a location on Surf Ave, just a few blocks from Nathan's "flagship" location. This is an idea that Dan could research for himself at least once, if not several times, over the next year....
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Bit late to post, but thanks as always to Dan for an excellent tour. Several new bits since I last did it, and all were fun. Could have done without the heat early in the day, but otherwise great.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:58 am

Thanks Dan for a wonderful tour! I had a lot of fun and it was a great group of people. :-) Waiting to read what the 'moment' was. I have an idea... but not sure.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CherylD
Waiting to read what the 'moment' was. I have an idea... but not sure.
Sorry that I haven't had a few extra minutes to post a report. Long story short, a certain regular rider was running late. Gasp. Since she was doing a good deed for everyone on the tour (it has to do with food), I'll allow it; but it was still the moment of the tour.

dh
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Sorry that I haven't had a few extra minutes to post a report. Long story short, a certain regular rider was running late. Gasp. Since she was doing a good deed for everyone on the tour (it has to do with food), I'll allow it; but it was still the moment of the tour.

dh

He means me. I had just picked up cronuts (that I had preordered and paid for online 2.5 weeks in advance) in the morning at Dominique Ansel bakery, and had underestimated how long it would take to perform this errand. Anyhow, Dan & I arranged via text message for the van to stop in the Village on its southward trajectory and pick me up, since I clearly wasn't going to arrive at the pickup point on E 46th St. within a reasonable time.

So it wasn't a highlight of the tour, it was a stressful moment. But everything worked out OK, I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.