FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1865413-secret-santa-2017-official-thread.html)

kipper Nov 1, 2017 5:37 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief (Post 29001989)
If we only have 9 days left to utilize the services of the HeadElf I do hope we get our assignments early!! :eek:

Responses will be delayed, but the HeadElf is still willing to help. :)

HeadElf53 Nov 1, 2017 3:31 pm

Anyone that's been on Flyertalk long enough knows that people don't read/keep up with threads soooo....

Originally Posted by HeadElf53 (Post 28785001)

A note to (new) readers of this this thread. I'm here to help. If your Santee doesn't give you enough information for their gift, please PM me. I'll send a message without anyone knowing who you are. I keep that confidence.

Originally Posted by HeadElf53 (Post 28956545)
Please note...

I'll be on vacation prior to the busy season. If anyone has any additional questions to ask about their Santee, please do so before 8 November, or as they say stateside, November 8. We'll be away after that and a response will be delayed by a few days.

A nod to kipper above for reminding me to post. :cool:

I can be PM'd until next week. Keep in mind that my inquiries on your behalf are not always responded to quickly. :rolleyes: If you're participating in Secret Santa, please go to Thread Tools and click on email notifications (daily). The information that I may need to know can be about you! A quick response is appreciated. Thank you very much.

HE53 will be taking it easy in SIN and DPS.

brazilexpert Nov 2, 2017 7:07 am

need help for Secret Santa 2017

please how do i send you a private message?
help

kirkwoodj Nov 2, 2017 7:37 am

Originally Posted by brazilexpert (Post 29008258)
help

Click on their handle, then "Send Private Message"

HeadElf53 Nov 3, 2017 8:01 am

Originally Posted by brazilexpert (Post 29008258)
help

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj (Post 29008394)
Click on their handle, then "Send Private Message"

It's easy. Happy to help when I receive your PM (private message).

onlyairfare Nov 3, 2017 3:25 pm

We got our first snow - quite a bit of it - overnight last night!

Now I can see the holiday season coming, so I am in!

aquamarinesteph Nov 3, 2017 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by onlyairfare (Post 29015154)
We got our first snow - quite a bit of it - overnight last night!

Now I can see the holiday season coming, so I am in!

Snow!!! We've had enough cold nights that I had to bring the tropical plants & the lime tree inside. We had one night's forecast with snowflakes on it, but that quickly disappeared.

Anyway, sorry, I'm easily distracted by snow. Back on topic. Yay for another person joining!

wharvey Nov 6, 2017 7:16 am

Dear Community,

Several of you have reached out to me and HeadElf to register concerns/complaints about the process.

Few things:

1. The guidelines stated that signups end on November 13. Assignments will be mailed out AFTER the deadline passes.

2. The second post is updated with who is in... by the date updated note at the bottom. If you signed up after that date (and followed the guidelines) your name will not be on the list yet. Be patient.

3. I apologize for not getting info up quicker. I have been dealing a dear friend who's husband was having major health issues. I have been spending a great deal of time in FL to help her. He passed away yesterday morning.

I will do my best to get information updated today.

If anyone wants to drop out of Secret Santa or make any changes due to these issues or any other reason, please reach out to me ASAP.

Thanks,

William

Redhead Nov 6, 2017 8:05 am

Dear William,

Thank you so very much for doing this for the community for so many years. I'm sorry that people are complaining. Many of us really appreciate all your hard work (and that of HeadElf too) but are too often quiet about that.

Thanks,

Redhead

wharvey Nov 6, 2017 9:45 am

Santa has an off topic question.....

After the holidays, I want to surprise the hubby with a trip to Disney. With the recent death and dealing with friends, it has been a tough time for us.

I will have an Annual Pass.... but not finding an reasonable accommodation. We are usually out of room by 8 am and do not return until very late.... so do not need "resort" type accomodations.... does anyone have any recommendations for Orlando FL options from Jan 6-14, 2018?

Please private message... and sorry for the off topic request.

tcl Nov 8, 2017 9:32 pm

In for another year of FT-sanctioned cyber-stalking.... :p

Thank you wharvey for organizing again this year.

yunicorner Nov 9, 2017 7:11 am

Glad to be participating again this year!

A ton of people complimented me on the mesh chair my SS gave me last year. (Two cupholders!!) The chair got lots of use in the last year. Thanks again SS!

debidovey Nov 9, 2017 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey (Post 29025860)
Santa has an off topic question.....

After the holidays, I want to surprise the hubby with a trip to Disney. With the recent death and dealing with friends, it has been a tough time for us.

I will have an Annual Pass.... but not finding an reasonable accommodation. We are usually out of room by 8 am and do not return until very late.... so do not need "resort" type accomodations.... does anyone have any recommendations for Orlando FL options from Jan 6-14, 2018?

Please private message... and sorry for the off topic request.

off topic reply, sent you a pm. Hopefully the info I sent you helps. Should help a bunch for ya.

onthewaytoadventure Nov 10, 2017 3:10 pm

I wasn't planning to participate again this year, but read through the thread today and remembered how nice it is to follow along and vicariously experience everyone's excitement and gratitude. So, I'm in and looking forward to it!

wharvey Nov 11, 2017 6:49 am

Santa Update: The second post was updated this morning with all members who have successfully submitted Santa information.

The deadline is just over two days away... please get your information in if you wish to participate.

For anyone who is a first time participant, I sent messages for you to confirm your understanding of your commitments. IF you do not respond by the Nov 13 deadline, you will not be allowed to participate.