FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1865413-secret-santa-2017-official-thread.html)

kirkwoodj Oct 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by onetess (Post 28917347)
Hi - I'm a first timer. I already screwed up my first PM by not doing the subject line properly, so I redid it. Now I see that I'm only allowed to send one gift this year but I put down three. I'm hoping that's okay and that it will be adjusted down to one. Will look for my name to make sure I am compliant! Thank you for running this - it must be a lot of work!

Have to send it again!

onetess Oct 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj (Post 28917487)
Have to send it again!

Do you think? I don't want to clog up Santa's mailbox! Happy to do it again if needed but didn't want to keep sending notes ad nauseam.

kirkwoodj Oct 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by onetess (Post 28917506)
Do you think? I don't want to clog up Santa's mailbox! Happy to do it again if needed but didn't want to keep sending notes ad nauseam.

You hafta do it, and you won't get notifications either (until you see your handle posted at beginning of this thread). This is from experience.

wharvey Oct 11, 2017 6:53 am

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated post number two with all names of members who have complied with the directions!

There will be no more updates until at least October 23.

We are heading to St. Petersburg, Fl to help out a friend whose husband is going into hospice. We will then try to take an early anniversary trip over to Orlando.

kipper Oct 14, 2017 5:52 pm

I think I need to revise my "about me..." I'm now planning a trip to Italy. :D

b00mer89 Oct 15, 2017 6:24 am

message sent, super excited to be a part of this, been a long time lurker. looking forward to sharing the love and seeing the figurative smile on someone's face :)

HeadElf53 Oct 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Please note...

I'll be on vacation prior to the busy season. If anyone has any additional questions to ask about their Santee, please do so before 8 November, or as they say stateside, November 8. We'll be away after that and a response will be delayed.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Please read my comments upthread.

HE53

compubit Oct 27, 2017 12:08 pm

I've signed up! Can't wait!

J

Tpa-flyer Oct 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Has anyone selected any gifts for your yet unknown Santee? You know, gifts that could work for either gender. I figure it's still a few weeks to go before we know who our Santee is, but I have to admit, I've been giving it some thought already as to what I might send.

kipper Oct 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer (Post 28991016)
Has anyone selected any gifts for your yet unknown Santee? You know, gifts that could work for either gender. I figure it's still a few weeks to go before we know who our Santee is, but I have to admit, I've been giving it some thought already as to what I might send.

Not yet, although I did see a few things that I'd buy for a female. :)

kirkwoodj Oct 29, 2017 10:01 pm

Yup, while traveling last week.

AStarr Oct 30, 2017 4:13 am

Not yet. I have several commutes and a dedicated Christmas shopping trip in November and December so... *shrug* depends on who my lucky Santee is ^.^

This could be the best Secret Santa platform ever. I'm so excited

diburning Oct 30, 2017 9:10 am

Not yet. I prefer to read the info given so that I know what my giftees likes and dislikes are.

kirkwoodj Oct 30, 2017 9:12 am

Stuff I got can be for friends if not at all appropriate for Santee. But being FT, they'd probably like em anyway.

nomadic.relief Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm

If we only have 9 days left to utilize the services of the HeadElf I do hope we get our assignments early!! :eek: