Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 13 (DTW) July 22-23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 13 (DTW) July 22-23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Nick has told me his topic will be: "The Big 5 Lessons from a Kruger Park Safari: How to Get There, Where to Stay and What I Learned." Very exciting and I'm hoping to use the info for booking a trip for my family.

Also, a reminder that people should bring any travel related items they don't need to give away as prizes for the tips contest. Think amenity kits and other items.
I'm already on the attendee list, commenting to say I just did South Africa, including Kruger, in May. Too bad I didn't hear his tips before my trip. Went there and back in F/J using Alaska & AA miles. Barclay Arrival points paid for my Kruger lodging. Protea (Marriott) is a great option, but unfortunately didn't work for my dates.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Soooo sorry to say I just found out I have to work this weekend and will have to miss out on all the festivities and friendly faces.

Hopefully, all my husbands will take good notes!

A big thanks to Bike Guy and his minions for keeping the party going. Hope to see y'all next year.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
In CLE now and very much enjoyed the city today. Driving to Ann Arbor on Friday and looking forward to the seminar. I won't be able to attend dinner but hope to chat with lots of people at the seminar.

Dave, last time I saw you and your wife was when we did the walking tour together in London in May, 2007. Wow, 10 years!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
In other news, it looks like there will be a Homewood Suites hotel in Ann Arbor next year...

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/...art_river_home
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
In CLE now and very much enjoyed the city today. Driving to Ann Arbor on Friday and looking forward to the seminar. I won't be able to attend dinner but hope to chat with lots of people at the seminar.

Dave, last time I saw you and your wife was when we did the walking tour together in London in May, 2007. Wow, 10 years!
Will be good to see you again.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:44 pm

Is anyone visiting Ann Arbor downtown? I heard the art fair was extended to the weekend this year? I'm thinking of parking at briarwood mall and take the bus in. Does anyone know of they tow your car if you don't move it for the entire day?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
You can park at the Briarwood shopping center. It is also where you pick up the bus to the art fair.
Kraash likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is anyone visiting Ann Arbor downtown? I heard the art fair was extended to the weekend this year? I'm thinking of parking at briarwood mall and take the bus in. Does anyone know of they tow your car if you don't move it for the entire day?
I am--plan to park at Briarwood tomorrow (Friday), take the bus at 9:00 a.m. and have a quick breakfast at Jefferson Market before the fair begins at 10. Want to join me for breakfast? anyone else? I can be convinced to go elsewhere.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:13 pm

Is it too late to join in? Hoping to attend my first ever DO!

​​​​​​I will not be able to join for the dinner though, just the afternoon part @ the Pittsfield township center, if it's not too late.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by nshah
Is it too late to join in? Hoping to attend my first ever DO!

​​​​​​I will not be able to join for the dinner though, just the afternoon part @ the Pittsfield township center, if it's not too late.
There's room. See you tomorrow.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Party at my house Friday night starting at 7.30 pm. There is still room, PM me here or DM me on Twitter.

Best pizza and Korean chicken wings to be served, among other things...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Party at my house Friday night starting at 7.30 pm. There is still room, PM me here or DM me on Twitter.

Best pizza and Korean chicken wings to be served, among other things...
Can I bring beer? 😀
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Can I bring beer? 😀
Yes.

Pizzas ordered, check.
On to next item on list...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Can I bring beer? 😀
Guess what label I'm bringing.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Guess what label I'm bringing.
As long as it doesn't say "Ohio State" anywhere on it...you are good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.