Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 13 (DTW) July 22-23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 13 (DTW) July 22-23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:23 pm
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

So sorry, I won't be able to attend. Have a great event!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:09 am

+1. Looking forward to it!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier-1K, DM,SM,BA,AA & SPG
Looking forward to attending, sharing tips and catching up with everyone.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
So sorry, but both I and my +1 have to bow out of the Ann Arbor DO. Just posting here to "unreserve" our spots for the day. Also, we weren't scheduled for the dinner.

I'm sure everyone will have a great time!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:02 pm

I'm in. First DO for me and looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Two speakers Saturday afternoon, a best tips contest, a nice dinner, then brunch Sunday and an Ann Arbor walking tour.

This DO started with bringing in a speaker or two to educate the attendees.

Our first confirmed speaker is Ariana, founder of the PointChaser blog. I love her for her more adventurous travels, including helping refugees.

There will be a second speaker. I'm just not sure who it will be just yet.

Sunday's activity is a walking tour of Ann Arbor, after brunch at Webers. The walk was attended by about 10 people last year, and was made up of funky Ann Arbor stores (you will never see more diverse wrapping paper than on this tour) as well as a Hogwarts dining hall knockoff. A combination of old town Ann Arbor and U of Michigan buildings. I would encourage people to consider taking the walk and getting more time to meet other travelers.

Feel free to respond as committed or tentative, and let me know if you are bringing someone to the meeting or just to dinner or brunch. Or if you are just coming to the meeting or a meal or meals.

Got a question on the fee to attend. Costs nothing to attend the speakers session, unless i need to pay to rent a bigger room, and then it would be the cost of the room divided by the attendees.

Reply to this thread if you are interested.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:55 pm

I am in. Looking forward to attending.

Will not be attending dinner though.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by LHA2
Looking forward to the Saturday presentations
Originally Posted by Filippo Vitale
If there is still a spot for my wife and I for meeting and dinner, please add Filippo +1

Thanks!
Originally Posted by miketon907
+1. Looking forward to it!
Love all the people getting an account on FT to get their spot on the registration!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Second speaker announced in the first post!

You are gonna like it!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Frequent Miler
Planning to attend +1. Thanks!!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: Frequent Miler
Clarify...meeting only Saturday.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: NWA, AC., SWA, AA.,UA, HH
This is always a terrific event. I will be coming only for the meeting but hoping to say hi to my friends. Thanks to BikeGuy for all of his hard work.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
[QUOTE=Bikeguy;27839457]

Sunday's activity is a walking tour of Ann Arbor, after brunch at Webers. The walk was attended by about 10 people last year, and was made up of funky Ann Arbor stores (you will never see more diverse wrapping paper than on this tour) as well as a Hogwarts dining hall knockoff. A combination of old town Ann Arbor and U of Michigan buildings. I would encourage people to consider taking the walk and getting more time to meet other travelers.

[QUOTE]

This will be the first year I'm not flying back on Sunday. Can you give us more details on the walk?

When is it? Where is it? What distance and time does it usually encompass? With the Art Fair now extended through Sunday, will it be impacted by traffic or street closings?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=MsEverywhere;28541967][QUOTE=Bikeguy;27839457]

This will be the first year I'm not flying back on Sunday. Can you give us more details on the walk?

When is it? Where is it? What distance and time does it usually encompass? With the Art Fair now extended through Sunday, will it be impacted by traffic or street closings?
Walking tour will start after the brunch. Normally, we park around Kerrytown. This should still be doable, as the Art Fair doesn't extend that far north.

Probably 2 miles total. Could Uber back. As we are walking, street closures shouldn't be a problem.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Brunch info and map added at the beginning.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

DiscountSAE has had a family emergency pop up and will be out of town for the DO. Would anyone be willing to take a head count at the beginning of the DO for who will go to dinner that evening, call the restaurant, and collect the money when we get to the restaurant?

Should be fine for someone not from Ann Arbor to do also, as the restaurant has been picked already and the meal set up.

Last edited by Bikeguy; Jul 13, 2017 at 10:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.