FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Dubai Do 2015 - September 24-27 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1671667-dubai-do-2015-september-24-27-a.html)

DYKWIA Apr 13, 2015 4:50 am

Dubai Do 2015 - September 24-27

A bit later this year...

As it's a bit difficult to get things organised with Emirates, I think this will be a smaller 'Do', similar to last year. A civilised Friday brunch (which got more uncivilised as the afternoon turned into evening!), followed by informal meet ups in various bars and restaurants over the weekend.

The feeling seems to be that the Park Hyatt brunch has gone a bit downhill recently (and the price has gone up!), so I'm proposing the lunch to be at the Westin Bubbalicious on the 25th September :-

http://www.westinminaseyahi.com/en/B...runch-in-Dubai

If there is anything else of interest, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Afternoon tea (followed by cocktails) at the Burj-al-Arab is always a favourite :)

m3red Apr 13, 2015 5:04 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 24657016)
A bit later this year...

As it's a bit difficult to get things organised with Emirates, I think this will be a smaller 'Do', similar to last year. A civilised Friday brunch (which got more uncivilised as the afternoon turned into evening!), followed by informal meet ups in various bars and restaurants over the weekend.

The feeling seems to be that the Park Hyatt brunch has gone a bit downhill recently (and the price has gone up!), so I'm proposing the lunch to be at the Westin Bubbalicious on the 25th September :-

http://www.westinminaseyahi.com/en/B...runch-in-Dubai

If there is anything else of interest, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Afternoon tea (followed by cocktails) at the Burj-al-Arab is always a favourite :)

I'm in...

This needs to be indoors at that time of year!

travelwithross Apr 13, 2015 8:17 am

Dubai Do 2015 - September 24-27

Yes. September will be quite... HOT. Nadia and I are possibly moving to AD this year so hope to be able to make more of these in the future :)

For now please put as as a maybe.

w00t Apr 13, 2015 8:21 am

Count me in as usual. Maybe m3red might even really show up this time for the brunch. ;)

extramileage Apr 13, 2015 8:27 am

Did you guys consider that Sept 23-26 is the Eid Al Adha holiday?

So it's likely that (1) a lot of the Dubai/GCC FT'ers will be away on holiday and (2) Dubai hotels will be at full occupancy or at least at full price.

m3red Apr 13, 2015 10:41 am

Good spot

I will definitely be flying somewhere

CDKing Apr 13, 2015 5:15 pm

To bad my BA mistake fare is in November

FriendlySkies Apr 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Subscribing to this thread. I'd love to return to Dubai, so will keep an eye on dates. Only conflict at this time is mid June. Attending my cousins wedding.

Sorry to hear things have slipped at the Park Hyatt.

KU104 Apr 14, 2015 10:15 am

Originally Posted by extramileage (Post 24657752)

So it's likely that (1) a lot of the Dubai/GCC FT'ers will be away on holiday and (2) Dubai hotels will be at full occupancy or at least at full price.

Yes, lets not forget about the loads of traffic and how busy most tourist places will be as well.

DYKWIA Apr 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by extramileage (Post 24657752)

Good point. I thought the hotels seemed a bit pricey. I got the JW Marriott at not too bad a price.

Dare I ask... is this one of the "no booze" holidays?

m3red Apr 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 24664640)
Good point. I thought the hotels seemed a bit pricey. I got the JW Marriott at not too bad a price.

Dare I ask... is this one of the "no booze" holidays?

The night before might be.

I always travel on holidays so rarely get impacted!

DYKWIA i ll catch you next week.

EsquireFlyer Apr 15, 2015 9:29 am

subscribing!

Pinky Apr 16, 2015 8:06 am

I'm possibly interested!

wolf539 Apr 16, 2015 8:22 am

I'm interested as well, but concerned about the timing coinciding with EID.

DYKWIA Apr 16, 2015 9:30 am

Originally Posted by wolf539 (Post 24673807)
I'm interested as well, but concerned about the timing coinciding with EID.

This isn't the Eid that occurs right after the end of Ramadan, so I don't think it will be quite as busy as then!

However, I did notice that hotels seemed to be a bit more expensive than I'd anticipated. We got the JW Marriott (the older one) for a total of 4,920.00 AED (inclusive of tax) for 6 nights. A lot cheaper than Austin :D