INN Mountain DO, Innsbruck Austria - September 25-27 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INN Mountain DO, Innsbruck Austria - September 25-27 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG
Probably should've checked earlier, but anyone else going from SFO? I'm about to get underway, SFO-YYZ-MUC
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Just checked in at the Hilton. Partly cloudy, with sunny patches. Snow on the mountains - great view from the 11th floor. We took the train from Munich - no problems. Train was 10 minutes late departing, but arrived on time.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Can anyone comment as to whether the 3 day pass would be a good value? Do you think there's enough items left on it, outside the planned events, to get enough value out of it? Looks like it's limited to one entry per venue so no return visits. Not sure I'd need it for local transit as I walked to everything last visit aside from the Olympic village area outside of town.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'm thinking of getting a 72-hour card (I'm flying out late Sunday afternoon) since the difference between 48-hour and 72-hour cards is only €6. They don't seem to sell them at the airport, so I'll get one at the main station in the morning.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: LH/OS SEN, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Can anyone comment as to whether the 3 day pass would be a good value? Do you think there's enough items left on it, outside the planned events, to get enough value out of it? Looks like it's limited to one entry per venue so no return visits. Not sure I'd need it for local transit as I walked to everything last visit aside from the Olympic village area outside of town.
If you have enough time in Innsbruck, go for it. Even if it is only for free public transport it pays the difference, one entrance into any sight/museum etc. makes it an obvious choice.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by szg
- Friday evening - dinner at the mountain 1905 Meter above the sealevel, which can easily reached by cable car (http://www.nordkette.com/en/the-moun...estaurant.html) - which will start at 7 pm. You need the Innsbruck Card for the cable car.
Are we meeting somewhere in the city before heading off for this, or are we expected to make our own way to the top? I can't find anything on the price of dinner and whether we'll need cash or if credit cards will be accepted. Will it be a group bill or will we be paying individually? If I need to bring cash, how much?

Also, where are we meeting for the Saturday sightseeing?

Last edited by tom911; Sep 25, 2015 at 12:57 am
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm thinking of getting a 72-hour card (I'm flying out late Sunday afternoon) since the difference between 48-hour and 72-hour cards is only €6.
Originally Posted by martin_
If you have enough time in Innsbruck, go for it. Even if it is only for free public transport it pays the difference, one entrance into any sight/museum etc. makes it an obvious choice.
If these are cards that are actually good for the hours listed, versus a single 24 hour calendar day, a 48 hour card purchased this afternoon at around 3pm should hold me until the same time Sunday afternoon, then leave Sunday night free. Think that's the direction I'm leaning right now.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:53 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Update information:

Friday, 25th Sept. 2015

I will arrive with RJ 564 at 3:45pm at Innsbruck Central Station. Afterwards I will check in at the Hilton Hotel.

Meeting time for the dinner tonight will be at 5:30 pm at the Hilton lobby. We have to walk to the congress station and then we will take up the cable car to the Seegrube.

The latest possible ride with the Hungerburgbahn is 7:15pm. Find more informations here -> http://www.nordkette.com/en/cable-ra...formation.html

Saturday, 26th Sept. 2015

For the sight-seeing tour will will take the Hop-On-Off Bus, which will depart at 10:36 am at the Triumphpforte, which is next to the Hilton. This bus ride will take about 1 hour.

Meeting time for the Swarowski Kristallwelten will be at 2 pm at the Innsbruck Central Station. The bus will depart at 2:10 pm. We will return by bus again at the central station at 5:28 pm.

The dinner will start about 7 pm. The location is near the Hilton Hotel.

Sunday, 27th Sept. 2015

We will meet at 10 am for the brunch.

See you all tonight !!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:58 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Are we meeting somewhere in the city before heading off for this, or are we expected to make our own way to the top? I can't find anything on the price of dinner and whether we'll need cash or if credit cards will be accepted. Will it be a group bill or will we be paying individually? If I need to bring cash, how much?

Also, where are we meeting for the Saturday sightseeing?
At all restaurants you can pay with credit card. The price for the menu at Saturday will be 47 EUR per person.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM
If these are cards that are actually good for the hours listed, versus a single 24 hour calendar day, a 48 hour card purchased this afternoon at around 3pm should hold me until the same time Sunday afternoon, then leave Sunday night free. Think that's the direction I'm leaning right now.
tom911 - They are valid starting from the time of the initial use. So a 24 hour card always offers a full 24 hours of use.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:38 am

.... whether we'll need cash or if credit cards will be accepted. Will it be a group bill or will we be paying individually? If I need to bring cash, how much?
No need to bring cash as szg pointed out. For the dinners and brunch, credit cards are accepted (MC/Visa, Thierry accepts Amex as well). Everybody will pay his own bill.
There is no fixed menu today evening at the Seegrube, they have a nice menu to choose from. Tomorrow at Thierry we will have special menu with 2-3 appetizers, main courses and dessert to choose from. For Sunday brunch, Soulkitchen has an extensive all you can eat buffet!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:41 am

OK, looks like my questions have been answered. On the platform in Salzburg right now waiting for the 11a.m. service.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by szg
The latest possible ride with the Hungerburgbahn is 7:15pm. Find more informations here -> http://www.nordkette.com/en/cable-ra...formation.html
Just to add some more information here: in case somebody should not make it by 7:15pm - you can still join in by taking bus line "J" from Marktplatz to Hungerburg. It will drop you right in front of the cable car station. The cable car runs every 15 minutes until 11:30 pm (last ride back to Hungerburg).
When you come back from the Seegrube, bus J is the only option to go back downtown! It runs at 8:26 pm, 8:56 pm, 9:26 pm, 9:56 pm, 10:26 pm. After that, Nightline N7 departs at 10:58 pm, 11:28 pm and 11:58 pm on the same route.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:37 am

Happy with my room at the Ibis. Had booked a refundable rate that averages out to about 86 Euros a night. It's going to take a little longer to upload photos unless I pay for premium internet at 6 Euros a day, but I'll just let them upload slowly in the background while I do something else.

Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Happy with my room at the Ibis. Had booked a refundable rate that averages out to about 86 Euros a night. It's going to take a little longer to upload photos unless I pay for premium internet at 6 Euros a day, but I'll just let them upload slowly in the background while I do something else.
I wish it were easier to post photos on FT. It's so much easier to post them on Facebook though I realise not everybody is on FB. I've started but have given up for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.