FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   RIP KLC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1375274-rip-klc.html)

FLYGVA Aug 10, 2012 12:38 am

Indeed, very sad news. My deepest condolecences to her family.

dedehans Aug 10, 2012 5:39 am

Parisian birthday

Shop around and I had the pleasure of taking dear karen out for her birthday on the left bank in Paris in April 2008 after the Reims do. Did We have fun!!!

kudzu Aug 10, 2012 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear (Post 19092414)
...Karen attended Ozfest in Cairns 2009 and Adelaide in 2010.

I met Karen in Cairns and Adelaide and other places, and saddened by the news.

Sincere condolences to her loved ones.

szg Aug 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Very sad news. My condolecences to her family.

boxo Aug 10, 2012 2:20 pm

:(

I can't remember where I last saw Karen, but I do know it was too, too long ago. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

SanDiego1K Aug 11, 2012 12:45 am

The family has asked me to share funeral information.

Services will be held on Thursday, 8/16 at 2:00 pm at
Sun City Center Funeral home
1851 Rickenbacker Drive, Sun City Center, FL 33573
(813) 634-9900

Also, they would welcome pictures of Karen for her service. I have an email address for her daughter-in-law who is collecting the pictures. Please message any of the community moderators for it.

Jenbel Aug 11, 2012 3:12 am

Very, very shocked to hear of this - it doesn't seem that long since we were joking and laughing in MPL :( :( :(

KathyWdrf Aug 11, 2012 4:29 am

This is awful news, and it gives me a feeling of deja vu. Earlier this year, I was looking forward to seeing magic111 again at the BRT weekend in NYC; but he died suddenly, a few months before the event.

This time around, I was looking forward to seeing KLC again at the Krakow Do (a couple of weeks from now), only to learn that she has passed away.

May she rest in peace; and condolences to her family and friends.

I am reminded of the fragility of life and the arrogance of taking it for granted.

violist Aug 11, 2012 8:14 am

:(

I am so sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family and friends.

It seems like yesterday that we were all crammed into a small
vehicle scarfing down malasadas, getting cinnamon sugar all
over each other, and laughing like idiots.

Cholula Aug 11, 2012 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 19099738)
Also, they would welcome pictures of Karen for her service. I have an email address for her daughter-in-law who is collecting the pictures. Please message any of the community moderators for it.

I just sent a number of pictures of Karen from a variety of DO's. As Carol mentioned, they need these for the service. If you can take a few minutes and locate some, pls PM me and I'll give you her daughter-in-law's e-mail.

Thanks.

f0zzyNUE Aug 11, 2012 9:17 am

that's very sad news. may she rest in peace.

Dorlee Aug 11, 2012 3:17 pm

I first met Karen years ago in south Florida, and at just about every FT Do I attended from then on. She was a joyous, generous and caring person, and I have happy memories of each trip we shared together.

What a sad loss for her family.

GRALISTAIR Aug 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by dedehans (Post 19088787)
Perhaps chrissxb knows of some from recent France do?

I never knew her, but on FT we are family. Prayers and love to the family

Pooch Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 19092564)
A motley crew if I ever did hang out with one. So sad to hear of karen's passing. She will be missed.:(

Motley indeed ... But that's FT right? And one of the great pleasures is meeting people such as Karen down here in Oz ... My thoughts go out to her family ... She was a gentle, generous spirited person.

bowdenj Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm

So sorry to hear about her passing.