FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Kiwi DO V - December 9-11, 2011 - Blenheim, New Zealand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1258956-kiwi-do-v-december-9-11-2011-blenheim-new-zealand.html)

wandering_fred Oct 2, 2011 6:58 am

I think I would be is serious hot water domestically if I came while Mrs WF is in the states... Maybe next year.:(

Fred

lamborghinilova Oct 3, 2011 12:25 am

This may be of interest for people going:
http://www.graboneescapes.co.nz/scen...el-marlborough

Itsalongwaydown Oct 8, 2011 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown (Post 17133328)
Could you please put Sue Oz and I down as a maybe at this stage? ^

Could you move us up to probable please? ;)

chchkiwi Oct 8, 2011 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown (Post 17239631)

^

Bundy Bear Oct 8, 2011 4:49 am

^^

wijomas Oct 8, 2011 6:43 pm

Will do. Have limited intarweb at the moment so will update thread with new info and event registration early next week.

tuapekastar Oct 9, 2011 7:37 am

^^

serfty Oct 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Almost no chance for me ... :(

Mark me as Lead - Unlikely!

The weekend before? Absolutely - but it'll cost too much to change flights from that weekend to another.

MEL-BHE vv can be done on today's 24H sale from AUD400.

chchkiwi Oct 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 17257357)
Almost no chance for me ... :(

Mark me as Lead - Unlikely!

The weekend before? Absolutely - but it'll cost too much to change flights.

MEL-BHE vv can be done on today's 24H sale from AUD400.

:(

wijomas Oct 12, 2011 8:45 am

Guys and Girls,

Has anyone made bookings for this yet? I'm thinking it may be an idea to delay this DO a month or so and have it in January instead (ideally timed not to conflict with other popular DOs)

Bundy Bear Oct 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 17261002)
Guys and Girls,

Has anyone made bookings for this yet? I'm thinking it may be an idea to delay this DO a month or so and have it in January instead (ideally timed not to conflict with other popular DOs)

January doesn't work; you have FT Sin Do 2012, and then there is the OneworldmegaDo in January.

chchkiwi Oct 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Another point to consider regarding possible change of date to January - it's school holidays and the Marlborough Sounds and areas nearby will still be very busy.

monitor Oct 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Just for grins look at February. There is not much yet scheduled on FT except that the usual President's Days DOs will probably develop. Unfortunately, December 9-11 is a non-starter for us since we are already booked for Maui.

If it is February, I will call up Delta and/or Virgin and get some transportation for two. It would be an excellent chance for us to escape some of the tourist "season" in Florida and get to that South Island which we have never seen.

wijomas Oct 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Good points re Jan. Unfortunately December is always a busy time for many people, and want to try and accommodate as many as possible. I know a couple of people have suggested March, a couple Jan, and now Feb - perhaps a poll is in order? :D

tuapekastar Oct 13, 2011 4:05 am

I ought to be able to pay a fee and change my BHE flights (would need confirmed new DO dates at least a day or two prior to Dec 9), but am committed to go at least as far as AKL in December.

Jan is not good as has been pointed out. Feb might work but there is the QF AGM in BNE on Feb 18 to consider.