"Oz Fest #9" – Canberra Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #9" – Canberra Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, 2012

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
jswong just put out a candle by pouring water in the decorative glass holding it.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:51 am

After a cracking after-party, its time to call it a night. To everyone that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, have safe flights and we'll meet in an airport somewhere.
Old May 26, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by SQ421
Destinations for OzFest 10, anyone?

Perth?

Or should we invade the land of long white cloud and have the first ever "OzFest New Zealand" ?
For those who may have missed it.

Rather than continue to speculate for weeks on end the decision has been made that Oz Fest #10 will be held in Perth on the weekend of 24 - 26th May 2013.

Perth was the second choice for this year and most of the discussion seemed to be about when the decision would be made for Perth rather than where we should be going.

As dictated by tradition ozstamps will make post #1 and it will all flow from there. Sue Oz and I will be there of course and looking forward to it already.

Last edited by Itsalongwaydown; May 26, 2012 at 11:57 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
answered

Last edited by serfty; May 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
For those who may have missed it. Rather than continue to speculate for weeks on end we have decided that Oz Fest #10 will be held in Perth on the weekend of 24 - 26th May 2013.
That will be wonderful as Perth is such a lovely city. Will have to plan dede and hans travel better next year.

I know for me that coming from MLB to MEL or SYD merit at least one or two down days in one of these gateway cities before the transcon to Perth....I am just getting my southern cross legs steady....

Thank you all for everything. Always a pleasure to get together with old friends and make new ones.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
For those who may have missed it. Rather than continue to speculate for weeks on end we have decided that Oz Fest #10 will be held in Perth on the weekend of 24 - 26th May 2013.
Counting down to day 330
Old May 26, 2012, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dedehans
....I know for me that coming from MLB to MEL or SYD merit at least one or two down days in one of these gateway cities before the transcon to Perth...
USA-Asia-PER will be a viable option for some. Singapore Airline fly into Perth.
Perth airport link. Other info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Airport

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 26, 2012 at 10:39 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 10:41 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
On the road back to Sydney. The co pilot is driving so I can relax Great w/e, and enjoyed catching up with everyone and thanks to the organisers, esp. *A Flyer for a great effort!!

You can put kpc & kpc+1 as Platinum for Ozfest 10 in Perth next year
Old May 26, 2012, 11:00 pm

i am plat too for ozfest 10
Old May 26, 2012, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Yes as was publicly announced last night in the superb Fredd Suite Party, which near all of us attended, 2013 will be in Perth WA, also on Memorial Day. Seems a very popular choice from those we spoke to.

That will be OzFest #10, and Perth will complete the Capital City check-list.

I'll start a new thread on it in a few days, and add a link to it here so those planning to attend can add their names as is usual.

The usual format is to post it and leave a few earlier 'placer' type posts for the ever efficient mwenenzi who does an amazing job each year keeping tabs or who is doing what and when - how he keeps up always amazes me. We need to talk him into attending another one for a change!

And for serfty for recording flights, and for itsalongwaydown etc.

We co-ordinate it among us so all the "placer" posts are on page 1, for the convenience of all attendees.

Glen
Old May 26, 2012, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

A gaggle of OzFesters outside the Parliament House this afternoon.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Excellent choice of city
Old May 27, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Waiting for my flight to BNE. Got to airport early and asked if there was any chance of getting on earlier flight on red e-deal and my request was granted and row 6 on 734 as well.

Had an excellent weekend and it was good to catch up with everyone again and meet new people. The "official" after party last night was great.

Safe travels to all.

And apologies to all for causing the delay in the bus arriving yesterday. It seems that where ever I go there has to be some sort of delay.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:40 am

Trying to explain where I've been all weekend to a non-FTer is pretty darn hard.

"What is OzFest.....?"

"What does it do....?"

"Really? People fly from that far for just that?"

Sigh....
Old May 27, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by SQ421
Trying to explain where I've been all weekend to a non-FTer is pretty darn hard.

"What is OzFest.....?"

"What does it do....?"

"Really? People fly from that far for just that?"

Sigh....
I managed to explain Oz Fest to RAAF senior officers (and wives) last night and another the night before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.