FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   The Official Fall 2011 China DO Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1143709-official-fall-2011-china-do-thread.html)

lili Sep 4, 2011 7:01 pm

Okay! I'm booked and upgraded (well, as soon as the Costco AA gift cards clear.)

Arrive 7:45 pm Nov 9, depart 6 pm Nov 14.

Am staying somewhere on points, probably the IHG Indigo, although a friend is encouraging me to use his favorite local 2* hotel just off Nanjing road for $49 US. (Metropolis Shanghai (not Metropole) if anybody is interested in "a clean, safe, adequate, inexpensive room" recommended by a total stranger.

NewbieRunner Sep 5, 2011 12:55 am

Originally Posted by lili (Post 17054896)
Okay! I'm booked and upgraded (well, as soon as the Costco AA gift cards clear.)

Arrive 7:45 pm Nov 9, depart 6 pm Nov 14.

Hooray!!
It will be great to see another familiar face. ^

ckpeter Sep 11, 2011 5:06 pm

As the date approaches, I am starting to finalize my plan to attend the DO.

Earlier, there was some talk about extending the activities, either before or after the weekend, for more sightseeing or city-visit. Are any of those plans still active?

Also, is there a link to the FlyerTea thread?

spaceman Sep 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter (Post 17092529)
As the date approaches, I am starting to finalize my plan to attend the DO.

Earlier, there was some talk about extending the activities, either before or after the weekend, for more sightseeing or city-visit. Are any of those plans still active?

Also, is there a link to the FlyerTea thread?

Great to see you are making the bookings! So far there is nothing organized before or afterwards unless you are on your own. The wife and I are doing a 2+ week tour before but not heard of anything being organized. :(

gvdIAD Sep 19, 2011 3:05 pm

I expect to book within the next couple of days. I'm not seeing any upgrade availability on UA at the moment, but the loads look fairly light so I'll probably take my chances.

I'd be in for the Friday and Saturday events. Sunday brunch might be tough, as I'd like to spend some time at the Shanghai Museum before returning to the US Sunday evening.

NewbieRunner Sep 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by gvdIAD (Post 17136661)
I expect to book within the next couple of days. I'm not seeing any upgrade availability on UA at the moment, but the loads look fairly light so I'll probably take my chances.

Yipee! Another familiar face. ^

gvdIAD Sep 20, 2011 4:53 am

Count me in. I arrive Thursday afternoon and depart Monday afternoon. I'm staying at the Hilton.

I decided to stick around one more day, and may take a daytrip to Suzhou on Sunday, leaving Monday morning for my visit to the Shanghai Museum.

spaceman Sep 20, 2011 6:00 am

Originally Posted by gvdIAD (Post 17139551)
Count me in. I arrive Thursday afternoon and depart Monday afternoon. I'm staying at the Hilton.

I decided to stick around one more day, and may take a daytrip to Suzhou on Sunday, leaving Monday morning for my visit to the Shanghai Museum.

Welcome aboard :cool:

restlessinRNO Sep 25, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm Confirmed!

I have just booked:

Nov.9

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll be at the Shanghai Hilton. :)

NewbieRunner Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO (Post 17172829)
        I have just booked:

Nov.9

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll be at the Shanghai Hilton. :)

Great! Another familiar face. ^

Ryu2 Oct 2, 2011 3:28 am

Hey all -- I'd be interested in attending; need to confirm with work, but count me in as interested for now.

As I previously lived in Shanghai for 3 years, I might want to skip the initial Shanghai tour part though and just join up with the group starting at dinner.

chchkiwi Oct 5, 2011 7:35 pm

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it" (thanks to the Pointer Sisters for that line).

I'm in after snagging a Biz award through United. Outbound NZ, inbound TG.

Arriving Nov 8th at 9:10 p.m. and staying at Le Meridien for the first three nights.

Staying at the Westin 11-13th and departing PVG at 9:45 a.m. on the 14th.

See you all there!

lili Oct 5, 2011 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by chchkiwi (Post 17227310)
              "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it" (thanks to the Pointer Sisters for that line).

I'm in after snagging a Biz award through United. Outbound NZ, inbound TG.

Arriving Nov 8th at 9:10 p.m. and staying at Le Meridien for the first three nights.

See you all there!

Yay!

restlessinRNO Oct 5, 2011 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by lili (Post 17227321)
              Yay!

Looking forward to seeing you again too. :)

NewbieRunner Oct 5, 2011 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by chchkiwi (Post 17227310)

Great! And what a coincidence!! ^

I'm arrving in SHA on 9th at 12:45, staying at Le Royal Méridien for two nights and the Westin Bund Center 11th-13th. Leaving PVG at 13:50 on November 14th.

Looking forward to seeing you all!