FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Extended Warranty [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1949017-citi-extended-warranty-consolidated.html)

mia Jan 22, 2023 9:08 pm

It's easy to read the terms of American Express extended warranties for specific cards: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nty-terms.html

rrgg Jan 22, 2023 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by sciconf (Post 34948460)
As of today Costco CC killed the extended warranty!

What could be the replacement card? Also Chase Vs AMEX vs MasterCard ?
Chase (upto 3yrs) and AMEX (upto 5yrs) are close - but who offers better service when you had to file a claim?

Why not citi rewards+ (or premier)? See earlier posts

BigFlyer Jan 22, 2023 9:28 pm

Chase (upto 3yrs) and AMEX (upto 5yrs) are close - but who offers better service when you had to file a claim?

The Citi warranty was the best for the typical item with a one year warranty. Citi extended it to 3 years. No other warranty would extend a one year warranty by more than a year.

mia Jan 23, 2023 4:06 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 34948510)

How much confidence should we have that Citi will continue to offer the Extended Warranty benefit on these cards? They no longer advertise it as a feature.

rrgg Jan 23, 2023 5:54 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 34949050)
How much confidence should we have that Citi will continue to offer the Extended Warranty benefit on these cards? They no longer advertise it as a feature.

I don't see them advertise even the 1-year extended warranty on other cards like AAdvantage either. For now I'll keep using the card for purchases where this matters, saved a PDF of the benefits, and will cross that bridge if Citi changes the benefit. ($0 annual fee on Rewards+)

ithinkurdumb Jan 23, 2023 6:25 am

I’ve had good experience filing claims (and getting them approved) with all three.

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 34948510)

Assuming using for purchases at Costco warehouses, only Visa is accepted.

Originally Posted by mia (Post 34949050)

Definitely not a good sign that extended warranty is nowhere to be found on the Premier’s product page. But as someone unthread said, I’ll keep using my Citi card to make electronics/appliances purchases until they kill extended warranty.

ryandelmundo Sep 13, 2023 11:05 am

Do warranty items have to be purchased in the US? I am keen to get an iPhone 15 but the US models dont have a SIM slot anymore. If i pick one up in say Singapore or somewhere duty free, will I still get extended warranty?

ithinkurdumb Sep 16, 2023 1:09 am

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo (Post 35576759)
Do warranty items have to be purchased in the US? I am keen to get an iPhone 15 but the US models dont have a SIM slot anymore. If i pick one up in say Singapore or somewhere duty free, will I still get extended warranty?

No. Neither the purchase or the repair/diagnosis location needs to be the US. Although prepare for longer turnaround if the documentation is not in English.

swag Dec 16, 2023 8:29 am

Data point - successful claim.

Electric fireplace bought 35 months ago, heater element stopped working. Paid with Prestige, manufacturer warranty 12 months, so I was just within the extra 2 years from the card. I filed the claim online, but was worried when I saw the list of required documentation included "Repair Estimate or statement of non-repair (with diagnosis, breakdown of cost, and condition of item)". This is basically a small appliance that costs under $200, where would I even go to get an estimate? But I emailed the manufacturer's customer support, and after a bit of back and forth where I pressed them for repair cost and then parts availability, they eventually replied that they don't sell parts or offer repairs. I uploaded that email thread to my claim as a "statement of non-repair", and 4 days later my claim was approved.

cjw2001 Dec 16, 2023 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by swag (Post 35826670)
Data point - successful claim.

Electric fireplace bought 35 months ago, heater element stopped working. Paid with Prestige, manufacturer warranty 12 months, so I was just within the extra 2 years from the card. I filed the claim online, but was worried when I saw the list of required documentation included "Repair Estimate or statement of non-repair (with diagnosis, breakdown of cost, and condition of item)". This is basically a small appliance that costs under $200, where would I even go to get an estimate? But I emailed the manufacturer's customer support, and after a bit of back and forth where I pressed them for repair cost and then parts availability, they eventually replied that they don't sell parts or offer repairs. I uploaded that email thread to my claim as a "statement of non-repair", and 4 days later my claim was approved.

Did the same thing with a Google Home with a broken microphone a couple years ago -- just uploaded the chat log with support saying they can't fix it and that was good enough.

happyvoid May 13, 2024 3:25 pm

Does anyone remember the link where can we can submit an extended warranty claim for purchases made for a citi costco card?

cjw2001 May 13, 2024 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid (Post 36231367)
Does anyone remember the link where can we can submit an extended warranty claim for purchases made for a citi costco card?

No web site - it was an email address where you sent the claim form: [email protected]

This would need to be for a purchase made before January 22, 2023 - the date the warranty benefit was discontinued.

happyvoid May 21, 2024 1:50 am

for warranty claims thru citi do they reinburse you for estimates? I need to claim my dishwasher which is under extended warranty by citi costo but they want an estimate of repair charges
Regarding repair estimate can I call any repair company to come to provide estimate?