FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige 4th night free reimbursement survey (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1753366-citi-prestige-4th-night-free-reimbursement-survey.html)

jphripjah May 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Checked out April 11, it posted on April 24 around time of statement.

Diplomatico May 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Made pre-paid reservation on 16 May for a stay later this week. Yesterday, I received an email telling me that my 4th night reimbursement had already been processed.

Bretmd May 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 28380726)
Made pre-paid reservation on 16 May for a stay later this week. Yesterday, I received an email telling me that my 4th night reimbursement had already been processed.

I have gotten two reimbursements for prepaid stays this month - both of which are booked for July. It took about four weeks from time of booking to receive credit.

jphripjah May 31, 2017 9:02 am

I was just reimbursed for two stays - one stay was for May 8-12 and one was for May 16-20. Both credits posted today, May 31, about 9 days after statement close.

MellieAZ May 31, 2017 9:40 am

Just reimbursed for a stay 5/17 thru 5/21.

I received the email saying the credit had been processed on 5/29 and today the credit is already on my account. Statement won't go final until next week. This is the fastest they have ever processed for me.

htj Jun 1, 2017 6:36 am

Stay: May 5 - May 9
Email received that's processing: May 29
Credit received: May 29, before statement has closed

I'm really pleasantly surprised by this improvement. My annual fee is due in august, and this ease of use will play strongly into my decision about whether i keep the card. The first time i used the benefit, it was a big headache and almost deterred me from using it again. This time, booking via email was simple, and the credit appeared quickly w/o me having to follow up.

Diplomatico Jun 1, 2017 6:51 am

Originally Posted by htj (Post 28387240)
Stay: May 5 - May 9
Email received that's processing: May 29
Credit received: May 29, before statement has closed

I'm really pleasantly surprised by this improvement. My annual fee is due in august, and this ease of use will play strongly into my decision about whether i keep the card. The first time i used the benefit, it was a big headache and almost deterred me from using it again. This time, booking via email was simple, and the credit appeared quickly w/o me having to follow up.

I was considering posting this exact same sentiment. The switch from Carlson Wagonlit to Aspire has been a terrific improvement in service.

swag Jun 1, 2017 3:58 pm

I first got my Citi Prestige last summer, after they already had switched to Aspire. Still, the experiences my first few months were painful.

My 3 reimbursements for 2016 stays came in 67, 112, and 75 days.
Since the start of 2017, my reimbursements have come in 18, 12, 11, 11.

So I don't think it was the switch to Aspire per se that fixed it, but something Aspire did later to improve their own processes.

But whatever it is, it's much appreciated. That, along with the ability to reserve via an email instead of a 15+ minute phone call makes this benefit so much better, enough that I'll likely keep the card even after the Admirals Club access goes away.

Katlor Jun 1, 2017 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by swag (Post 28390037)
But whatever it is, it's much appreciated. That, along with the ability to reserve via an email instead of a 15+ minute phone call makes this benefit so much better, enough that I'll likely keep the card even after the Admirals Club access goes away.

Same. I was almost fed up with Citi Prestige last fall when reimbursements were taking two months plus, but with the crediting improvements (plus the fact that Amex Plat has lost most its value to me) I'm thinking about keeping the Citi Prestige as my primary premium card for the next year.

bangkokiscool Mar 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Delays in posting fourth night credit?

I completed a stay at PH Sydney on February 12 (42 days ago). Received an email on March 5 (20 days ago) that the credit was approved, still no credit. Stay booked on the phone with Concierge.
Completed a stay at Andaz Singapore on February 18 (36 days ago). Received an email on March 12 (12 days ago) that the credit was approved, sill no credit. Stay booked on the phone with Concierge.

Called Citi, the rep first tried to tell me the stays were ineligible because they were "back to back" (I had to explain they were in different countries). Then she wanted to know "what kind" of hotels they were, and I explained they were Hyatt hotels. Finally she put me on hold and came back and told me that there was a delay in posting and that I needed to be patient.

miadukes Mar 27, 2018 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Katlor (Post 28390218)
Same. I was almost fed up with Citi Prestige last fall when reimbursements were taking two months plus, but with the crediting improvements (plus the fact that Amex Plat has lost most its value to me) I'm thinking about keeping the Citi Prestige as my primary premium card for the next year.

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool (Post 29560016)
I completed a stay at PH Sydney on February 12 (42 days ago). Received an email on March 5 (20 days ago) that the credit was approved, still no credit. Stay booked on the phone with Concierge.
Completed a stay at Andaz Singapore on February 18 (36 days ago). Received an email on March 12 (12 days ago) that the credit was approved, sill no credit. Stay booked on the phone with Concierge.

Called Citi, the rep first tried to tell me the stays were ineligible because they were "back to back" (I had to explain they were in different countries). Then she wanted to know "what kind" of hotels they were, and I explained they were Hyatt hotels. Finally she put me on hold and came back and told me that there was a delay in posting and that I needed to be patient.

I prepaid my stay end of last year, I think november, stayed and checked out 2/14 and my credit has still not posted. Yeah, no too happy with the process. My understanding was that if it was prepaid it would get reimbursed right away, but nope. I am still waiting.

seawolf Mar 27, 2018 7:00 am

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool (Post 29560016)

I had a Hyatt stay checked out 1 MARCH and received credit approved email on 19 MARCH. Credit hit the account 20 MARCH.

By "Citi rep," are you referring to Citibank rep or concierge rep? I would speak to the later instead of citibank rep on the credit.

MD/DC Flyer Mar 27, 2018 11:54 am

For me at least things are going much faster -

Stay ended March 6. E-mail received Mach 19. Credit posted March 20.

It was straight forward booking in a chain hotel, but included a pre-payment of one night at time of booking.

carsnoceans Dec 18, 2018 1:22 am

Datapoint

4 night stay completed at Hyatt property 11/12. No credit yet.

Last one was in January 2018. Posted under 30 days. Very inconsistent.

SpeedRicer Dec 29, 2018 11:21 pm

Seems like it's taking longer now -- last year, it would be about 1-2 months after checkout for me, but late last year and earlier this year it was taking as little 2-3 weeks after checkout.

Now I've got one from the end of November that still hasn't posted. The official word I've been told is 2+ billing cycles now.

carsnoceans Dec 30, 2018 10:46 am

I called Aspire yesterday and they mentioned that October stays are being processed right now. NOV stays will probably be reimbursed in January end.

not liking this at all... citi is killing this card.

akr1970akr Jan 2, 2019 6:00 pm

Aspire and Citi don't really care about the benefit anymore. Just keep good records, and don't be shy about referring to the official T&C.

I'm fully expecting a fight over my current 4NF stay....paid for months ago enjoying now.

flyershmlyer Jan 8, 2019 3:02 pm

Datapoint: booked prepaid 12/21, completed stay 1/2, received email about credit 1/7. Probably one of the quickest credit-emails I've gotten.

phant0m Jan 9, 2019 12:43 pm

I booked a hotel back in June 2018 for a non-refundable pre-paid stay in March 2019. The hotel never charged my card for some reason, but I was given the credit right away. Things happened and I had to cancel my stay in March. Called the hotel and they allowed me to cancel. I still have the credit. Don't recommend on doing this for fun but it was interesting since they usually only credit after the hotel was charged.

neutralist Jan 9, 2019 10:20 pm

4th night stay completed 11/2/2018 at a Residence Inn, post-paid government rate. Credit shows up 1/8/2019 (yesterday).

tonywush Jan 15, 2019 10:02 am

Originally Posted by neutralist (Post 30635084)
4th night stay completed 11/2/2018 at a Residence Inn, post-paid government rate. Credit shows up 1/8/2019 (yesterday).

Thanks for the DP. Wondering if you ever received the email which confirms the credit? If so, when did you receive it? Thanks!

neutralist Jan 15, 2019 11:12 am

Originally Posted by tonywush (Post 30657638)
Thanks for the DP. Wondering if you ever received the email which confirms the credit? If so, when did you receive it? Thanks!

There is only one email ever sent, the one that received with the case ID after the booking.

niehaubs Jan 16, 2019 5:41 am

This is going to throw everyone for a loop. 4th night at Fairmont Mara booked in Feb. 2018, stayed in Dec. Checked out Jan 1, 2019. Statement hit Jan 10th. Email from concierge Jan. 14th approving and confirming, current online account shows that the credit has posted as of Jan. 14th. So 14 days from checkout to credit, 4 days from statement (first statement with it) posting to credit.

In between booking and staying my credit card number changed due to fraudulent charges requiring a new card, but the reservation carried over (I verified that like 3 times to be sure before they stay) and the credit has posted. So good on you, Citi.

monu58 Jan 16, 2019 10:07 am

Checkout on OCT 28th, Credit posted today (1/16); I had to send them a reminder email last week.

damon88 May 7, 2019 4:11 pm

I don't understand why my times are so slow (unless it has to do with the amount of the credit) My first stay ended March 14th, my second March 25th.

I have had 2 statements close since the first stay (March 15th and April 15th)

Still no communication - email or otherwise regarding my credit. Called today and was promised they will "submit a ticket"

Is there a correlation between credit amount and posting times? Mine are $760 and $980

mia May 7, 2019 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 31077394)
I.... first stay ended March 14th....2 statements close since the first stay (March 15th and April 15th)

Did the charge for the 3.14 stay appear on the March statement?

jbeans May 8, 2019 8:55 am

Rule of thumb these days seems to be 3 months lag. As a DP, my Jan stay didn't post until April.

linglingfool Jul 1, 2019 1:36 pm

I just completed our three night stays mid-June. I experimented a bit, and replied to the original concierge booking emails on the second and third bookings with a copy of my folio + CC receipt, but did not do so with my first booking. Checked out on 6/15, 6/19, and 6/23, and received the "credit is on the way" emails today (7/1) for the two that I proactively sent in, but not for the one that I checked out of first.

Junhua Chen Jul 4, 2019 6:36 pm

checkout on 4/10, get the 4th night credit on 7/2

milesforhire Jul 11, 2019 11:12 am

check-out 5/26, credited on 7/2 (receipt sent in proactively)
check-out 6/3, still waiting for credit (receipt not sent in)

linglingfool Aug 20, 2019 9:15 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool (Post 31259053)
I just completed our three night stays mid-June. I experimented a bit, and replied to the original concierge booking emails on the second and third bookings with a copy of my folio + CC receipt, but did not do so with my first booking. Checked out on 6/15, 6/19, and 6/23, and received the "credit is on the way" emails today (7/1) for the two that I proactively sent in, but not for the one that I checked out of first.

Received the "credit is on the way" email for the 6/15 checkout that I didn't manually forward yesterday.

OneHourPhoto Sep 14, 2019 1:51 pm

checked out on 7/9. Billing cycle just closed 9/12/19

Charge appeared on my July statement.

I should be getting the credit this month? or another billing cycle?

llngoc Sep 22, 2019 9:15 am

Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto (Post 31525146)
checked out on 7/9. Billing cycle just closed 9/12/19

Charge appeared on my July statement.

I should be getting the credit this month? or another billing cycle?

I checked out 8/8 and contacted Citi and was told that it takes 3 billing cycles to get the credit. Last year for the same bookings, I got it pretty much at the next cycle. One odd thing was, I booked another stay at W Hotel Atlanta and was actually getting the 4th night credit before even my stay (and pay for the stay).