Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige: Priority Pass Select membership.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige: Priority Pass Select membership.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Whoops -- you're totally correct. I was looking at the au site.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Hi guys, I just got the card. When do I receive my Priority Pass card?

It's been like 2 years since my last PP card and I always would need a PP card to enter the lounges. Do they send one nowadays or you just enter showing the card, in this case the Prestige.

Thank you
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You cannot use the credit card for Priority Pass lounge entry. Once you have the Priority Pass membership card you can register on prioritypass.com and load the Priority Pass credentials into their smartphone application. The app will allow you to enter many, but not all, lounges without presenting the physical card.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by mia
You cannot use the credit card for Priority Pass lounge entry. Once you have the Priority Pass membership card you can register on prioritypass.com and load the Priority Pass credentials into their smartphone application. The app will allow you to enter many, but not all, lounges without presenting the physical card.
Oh thanks for the tip, very handy!
Old May 28, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So apparently the Amex Priority Pass cards will stop being accepted at non-Lounge locations (ie, restaurants, cafes, etc) from August 1.

Who wants to bet if this is coming to Citi as well? It may explain why they kept the "Select" branding long after it served it's original purpose (stopping credit card PP cards from accessing the United Red Carpet Clubs)
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well I can't for the life of me find the site I saw it on, but apparently it's been confirmed that ALL Priority Pass Select cards will lose access to "non-lounge" locations including Cafe and Restaurants as of August 1st. Amex notified their members of this a few months ago, but none of the others including Citi seem to have done so yet.

Can't say I'm surprised, but it's a pity...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:50 am
mia

Originally Posted by docbert
.... confirmed that ALL Priority Pass Select cards will lose access to "non-lounge" locations.......
This blog article makes the claim in the headline, but the text of the article does not support the headline:

Priority Pass looks like it has just hinted that it will cut the non-lounge access benefit for all Priority Pass Select members. These are the Priority Pass memberships provided to cardholders from American Express, Chase, Citi and CNB..
https://dannydealguru.com/2019/07/11...select-access/

This blog apparently also reported, and then retracted:

Update: It looks like this page was meant only for American Express Priority Pass cardholders. These changes may apply only to Amex cards as previously announced.

https://milestomemories.boardingarea...d-memberships/

Last edited by mia; Jul 12, 2019 at 9:54 am
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I don't think a material change like this would have been left to a third party vendor to relay to the customer.

Even though I don't have high expectations of Citi I think they would want to make sure that a change like this doesn't constitute some CARD violation, given that they have collected a big up front fee for their financial product, and now changed the terms. (in many dimensions, considering the insurance changes too)

Don't get me wrong: I do expect the benefit to eventually be adjusted - and would not have any issues/objections to that - but I don't think it would happen with 18 days notice, on a consumer/retail product.

Biz cards maybe. To wit:

A few years ago, Chase changed the transfer-ability rules (for spouses) for the Chase Ink Bold over a weekend, with nothing more than email notice. I was lucky and saw it, and moved out 150k+ UR for a redemption we needed to make out of the SO's account. But I'm sure plenty of other people got hosed over that.

Last edited by akr1970akr; Jul 12, 2019 at 9:50 am
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:24 pm

Hi - I will be traveling with the family in a couple of days and based on my understanding my Citi Prestige will let my immediate family (wife/kids) for free as part of my membership but what do I have to state at time of entry? I called Priority Pass they didn't know they said we can deal with it later. Then I called Citi they said that benefit is valid.

But how at time of entry would they classify my family in the right category so its not additional guests but family. Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:24 am
mia

The lounge knows nothing about the terms of your individual Priority Pass membership. The lounge will not collect any payment, just record the number of people in your party. To my knowledge we have no reports of Citi actually billing cardholders for guests, but in the event it happens save some sort of documentation (e.g. boarding passes) to show that you were travelling with your family.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
That is an excellent question that hasn't been answered in an official fashion anywhere yet, as far as I can tell. I've always wondered the same myself.

I've gone to a lounge with two family members and a third person (in-law with different last name); I was never charged for the third guest.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by joogle
Hi - I will be traveling with the family in a couple of days and based on my understanding my Citi Prestige will let my immediate family (wife/kids) for free as part of my membership but what do I have to state at time of entry? I called Priority Pass they didn't know they said we can deal with it later. Then I called Citi they said that benefit is valid.

But how at time of entry would they classify my family in the right category so its not additional guests but family. Thanks!
I have found that de facto constraint tends to be whether lounges will allow in a group, especially if they don't look like a conventional 'family' i.e. biological parents + small children.

We've never had an issue with being charged, but lots of times when lounges aren't taking PP members and saving space for their own natural patrons.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I have found that de facto constraint tends to be whether lounges will allow in a group, especially if they don't look like a conventional 'family' i.e. biological parents + small children.

We've never had an issue with being charged, but lots of times when lounges aren't taking PP members and saving space for their own natural patrons.
Thanks - do I need to mention anything different or just say how many guests - say '3'?

That's why i wasn't sure - we are basically two adults and two kids - so technically my Citi Prestige should cover us - i mean it is immediate family
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by laxman11
Never heard of this I had taken my family to so many priority lounges without any charges. Infact that is the one of main reason I keep citi prestige instead of other because it offer free access with family. Any other card you know which allow this ?
Whenever I've taken two of my immediate family members, I've signed for "2 guests". How do lounges charge for 3 or 4 immediate family members? Do they have a different way for billing immediate family rather than "3 guests" if you're with spouse and 2 kids?

Originally Posted by joogle

I have the same question, I called Citi but they didn't have an answer. I wonder if lounges bill differently for "immediate family" (especially for >3 people) vs "guests". Does anyone know?

Last edited by mia; Jan 21, 2020 at 7:29 pm
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:31 pm
mia

Consider the possibility that Citi does not actually bill for guests, even though their terms allow them to do so if they detect a pattern of high use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.