Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best value from Citi Prestige golf benefit portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best value from Citi Prestige golf benefit portal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by heisman6183
I just reserved 2 separate tee times through the portal for TPC Deere Run, each using a comped round. On the confirmation email I received it says I don't actually have a tee time yet and that I should get a response within 24 hours. Has anyone been denied a tee time or a comped round after successfully booking through the Citi portal?
I booked there about a month ago. It will show you a tee time available at every hour (even though there aren't always those times). You pick about what time you want, and then they should contact you to let you know what time you got. It is pretty convoluted.

I was playing with some buddies who already had a time, so I just told them to put me in their group.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Played Pasatiempo in Santa Cruz several weeks ago. Classic old Alister MacKenzie course (name not familiar? He designed Augusta National. Bobby jones played the opening exhibition and loved the course so much, he asked MacKenzie to do Augusta.) $230 normal greens fee with hardly any discounts that I can see on any other golf portal. If you don't bring your A game, it'll eat your lunch.

Maybe not the highest dollar-for-dollar return, but I'd rather play here than the abomination that is Chambers Bay.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:28 pm

I've played Chambers Bay twice in the last month using this benefit. The second time was so much better than the first. It's an acquired taste, but such a unique golf course in the United States. I can't wait to play it again (and three more times next year) in about a month!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this benefit. (and I do live a 60 minute drive from Chambers)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:15 am

TPC Jasna Polana

Used this to play at TPC Jasna Polana (near Princeton NJ), Gary Player design course.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:41 am

I used it this past weekend to play TPC Harding Park. The course was in much worse shape than I expected. Also, the course is pretty short and there isn't too much room to expand, I'm not sure how they will host the 2020 PGA Championship.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:18 pm

Quick question.

I just used this for the first time. Was I supposed to pay the green fee at the course or should it already be taken care of?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by gblakeb
Quick question.

I just used this for the first time. Was I supposed to pay the green fee at the course or should it already be taken care of?
You don't have to pay any green fee. You just check in at the pro shop and everything should be already taken care of. When you log into the site again, you should see that you have 2 remaining now.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:41 pm

Played at TPC Stonebrae today, when checking in the clubhouse said no payment was made and I need to pay for our group, however, I had already paid through golfswitch. On top of that the fees we paid at the course were just over half of what golf switch was charging,W.T.F? Being a private course I couldn't look up the green fees ahead of time to compare to what golf switch wanted. Is this common for golf switch to be so ridiculously over priced?
Edit: Already made a call to the Citi Conceirge to see what they can come up with(obviously in addition to me double paying for the round).

Last edited by slack455; Sep 6, 2015 at 8:52 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:18 pm

How do I use this benefit if I want to play with friends? I can only book a tee time for me as I understand it. Can i just book the tee time in my name as a single and show up with friends at course and they can pay their green fees? Just not sure how this works. Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by wholeinone04
Awesome list - thanks! If there are any Prestige cardholders in the OC area who want to play a round of golf at Monarch or somewhere else nearby, lmk. None of my golf-playing buddies have the card and I'm free to play any day of the week. I work from home

Great benefit, might try and fly SNA to Cabo and play a round at Cabo Del Sol - that course looks awesome!

I live in San Diego and would be up to meet up. Monarch Beach and Strawberry Farms look gorgeous. I just started playing a few months ago so still terrible but enjoying myself.

I'm up to meet up in OC or San Diego as well. Just PM me.

I sent you a PM Wholeinone04.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:15 pm

I talked to Citi Prestige Concierge today, they told me of the 3 free rounds, only 2 can be at TPC courses, one at a non-TPCs. I'm assuming the agent is giving the correct info.

Edit: I think the agent gave me the wrong info. Here's what I got from Citi's T&C's. It sounds like I can't play the same TPC courses twice per year, but I'm allowed 3 rounds to different TPC courses.

"For TPC Courses in the GolfSwitch network, Citi Prestige card members are entitled to book and play for a maximum of two 2 times per participating TPC club per year."

Last edited by imm2b; Oct 20, 2015 at 3:15 pm
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:15 am

Is it true that rounds must be booked at least 3 days out? And also that you can't have more than one booked at a time?

I haven't used any rounds this year and my only opportunity will be while in Miami from Dec 2-7. Can't play on the 7th because leaving too early and can only play afternoon on the 2nd.

Does this mean it will be impossible to play all 3 rounds and my only way to play 2 will be either

1) Dec 2 afternoon + Dec 6 any time
2) Dec 3 morning + Dec 6 afternoon
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:38 am

You can have more than one round booked at a time. I am going to Miami November 7, and have tee times already booked for 11/7/, 11/8, 11/9.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by sg4515
You can have more than one round booked at a time. I am going to Miami November 7, and have tee times already booked for 11/7/, 11/8, 11/9.
Nice, which courses?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:54 pm

Trump Doral Blue Monster, Gold, and Red Tiger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.