FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   [Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1266831-expired-citi-premier-50-000-ty-bonus-pts-500-worth-fee-free-first-year.html)

MDtR-Chicago Aug 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by heta (Post 19160730)
I received a congratulations letter from Citi for the Visa but have not heard anything about the Mastercard. I am hesitant to call the recon line since I applied for two cards at the same time... Should I wait for the letter or call about Master application?

Up to you but don't worry too much. As has been repeatedly noted, as long as you have a good reason for wanting both cards that doesn't involve the bonus, Citi generally has no problem giving you both cards. Seems to be bugging you, so call.

In the approval letter for Visa, there is no mention about annual fee being waived for the first year. It just says the fee is $125. I thought I applied for the offer with first year annual fee waived, but am I wrong?
I noticed the same thing. If you go back to the application, in the terms, it says the fee is waived. Would be worth your time to take a screenshot of that. But I'm not aware of anyone using this offer and having the fee charged.

World-Wide Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm

CITI THANKYOU Premier CC

I got a offer in the mail for CITI THANKYOU Premier CC.

Offer is 35,000 thankyou points after $2,000 spend in the first 3 months.

+ complimentary companion ticket each year.

Anyway my question what is the highest offer for the CITI THANKYOU Premier CC usually?

BCF Aug 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by World-Wide (Post 19161825)
I got a offer in the mail for CITI THANKYOU Premier CC.

Offer is 35,000 thankyou points after $2,000 spend in the first 3 months.

+ complimentary companion ticket each year.

Anyway my question what is the highest offer for the CITI THANKYOU Premier CC usually?

lkar Aug 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by BCF (Post 19161868)

Per browser. :;

jjmiller69 Aug 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 19161931)
Per browser. :;

Yes 50k for the Visa and 50k for the Master card. It's in the Credit card master thread and has it's own thread in Credit cards.

worldcitizen25 Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

50k each (MC+ Visa)

+1

I applied a few weeks ago using the links available in the FT thread. On receipt of the cards, the reps confirmed that the bonus was indeed 50k for each card. Good luck!

lkar Aug 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 (Post 19161953)
Yes 50k for the Visa and 50k for the Master card. It's in the Credit card master thread and has it's own thread in Credit cards. :confused:

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 (Post 19164396)
Ikar it wasn't meant for you, it was meant that this was already out there. Sorry for the confusion. I removed it. :)

Gotcha! Good luck everyone.

World-Wide Aug 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 19162075)
Why the confused icon in reply to my post? I was providing info to a poster that asked a question. Isn't that what FT is about?

Thank you everyone. I figured there was a much much better offer I just did not see it.

Yes I know about the 2 browser thing for Citi cards. thank you

Mods you can delete the thread if you wish. I just wanted to make sure.

zsurf Aug 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Did two-browser trick. Instant approval for both. Interestingly, the "2nd" app (clicked Submit about 2 seconds after) showed a 4 pts lower Equifax score.

mia Aug 21, 2012 7:23 am

Moderator action

World-Wide's question has been appended to the established thread discussing this offer.

jjmiller69 Aug 21, 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 19162075)
Why the confused icon in reply to my post? I was providing info to a poster that asked a question. Isn't that what FT is about?

Ikar it wasn't meant for you, it was meant that this was already out there. Sorry for the confusion. I removed it. :)

davelux Aug 21, 2012 9:51 am

Follow-up

Originally Posted by davelux (Post 19115232)
My wife applied for the MC and Visa TYP cards via the link in post 603 about a week ago. The Visa was instantly approved though the MC had "further review" req'd. When calling to activate, they confirmed 50k bonus though saw no record of the other app. Not too concerned, though 100k certainly would have beat out 50k. Just happy to get 10k more than the pre-approved offer that showed up in the mail a few days before applying.

The MC was approved as well - just got the letter in the mail yesterday! Thanks again to post 603!

heta Aug 21, 2012 10:44 am

[QUOTE=MDtR-Chicago;19161545]Up to you but don't worry too much. As has been repeatedly noted, as long as you have a good reason for wanting both cards that doesn't involve the bonus, Citi generally has no problem giving you both cards. Seems to be bugging you, so call.

Thanks for your reply! I just called recon line, but they cannot approve the second card due to too many recent inquiries! This is my first denied application and my score is 770, but it is true that I've had 3 cards open in the last two months (2 more in the recent 6 months), so I can't argue with too many inquires...
I don't know whether I should call again or write to the executive office as some of you have done, but it sounded like it's not easy to get approved for the second card.

MDtR-Chicago Aug 21, 2012 10:56 am

Originally Posted by heta (Post 19165278)
I don't know whether I should call again or write to the executive office as some of you have done, but it sounded like it's not easy to get approved for the second card.

It's really not clear which is the better strategy. Citi can be a tough nut to crack. If you're good with the written word, I think it's definitely worth a try. But I've also had some luck with working through the phone system, trying multiple supervisors until someone gave me a fair hearing. (The better technique probably depends on where your own strengths lie.)

Nacca Aug 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Is the 50k bonus still available? I only see the 30k