FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Trouble transferring Radisson (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/2110211-trouble-transferring-radisson.html)

mile ho Feb 1, 2023 3:39 pm

Trouble transferring Radisson

Anyone else having trouble transferring Radisson points into Choice?

When I try to link the accounts I get permission denied in a red block, every time.

Anyone else have this issue and know how to solve it? I think Choice is probably allergic to the Radisson points. I know I am.

view-with-a-room Feb 2, 2023 6:27 am

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 34977343)
Anyone else having trouble transferring Radisson points into Choice?

When I try to link the accounts I get permission denied in a red block, every time.

Anyone else have this issue and know how to solve it? I think Choice is probably allergic to the Radisson points. I know I am.

Yes the issue.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8d46975b5a.gif

tiger101 Feb 2, 2023 9:23 pm

I got a different error something like: There is a problem on our system and please call customer service.
I am not sure if it is because my Choice account balance is zero?

view-with-a-room Feb 3, 2023 9:49 am

Originally Posted by tiger101 (Post 34980848)
I got a different error something like: There is a problem on our system and please call customer service.

In my case, the Choice account is 60,000 and the Radisson account is 600,000; and both accounts have existed for 5-10 years. Perhaps waiting a few days or a few weeks will help.

Schutzee Feb 3, 2023 12:50 pm

I was able to transfer from Radisson to my existing Choice account with zero points. It took a few tries but finally went through

mareh Feb 4, 2023 10:59 am

Originally Posted by tiger101 (Post 34980848)

My Choice balance was zero, and I didn't have this problem.

Fyd Feb 7, 2023 5:36 am

Same issue

I have long standing accounts with both programs, both with some miles in it. I'm logging into US site (read somewhere foreign sites have issues).
I don't get the same page, but have the same issue - permission denied. Tried many times, confirmed account via OTP, still doesn't work...
I guess I'll give it a while for Choice to sort out their IT problems...

rrgg Mar 11, 2023 8:24 pm

I reset the password on my dormant Choice account and logged in no problem. 0 balance as expected. Also logged into Radisson Americas and visited this link to transfer to Choice. The Choice logo spins for a while and nothing happens.

Tried another browser and when I finally get to select a transfer, Choice says my account has been disabled. Choice phone support says the account is not disabled, and I have to talk to Radisson, which makes no sense. Not open until Monday.

Anyone else see this?

view-with-a-room Mar 17, 2023 2:16 pm

Update of sorts. Called Raddison and Choice, but both were dead ends. Raddison blames Choice and Choice blames Raddison and the customer service representatives transfer back and forth. The process ends with a transfer to a true dead end, and the line drops. 2 hours on the phone and neither will even acknowledge the error message is a real error message. To add to tthe entertainment, the last transfer was to the time share group. I thought the customer service representative was "suggestive selling" while fixing the issue; but no, the representative was trying to sell me a time share.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8d46975b5a.gif

rrgg Mar 18, 2023 8:10 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 35080293)
Tried another browser and when I finally get to select a transfer, Choice says my account has been disabled.

Choice rep said my account is "active" but "not in good standing." The latter means since I haven't earned points in some number of years, I'm not allowed to transfer from Radisson. I have to earn Choice points again to be in good standing and enable transfers. (Not clear if a Citi transfer will do it.)

Maybe I can bypass this with a new Choice account but was told it won't work.

This seems like a crazy policy if they want to bring over their Radisson Americas customers. Transfers should work and they should even automatically match RA status, even though status doesn't mean much.

view-with-a-room Mar 18, 2023 2:15 pm

update via Twitter (useless for the issue, but good information)

Thank you for reaching out to us, Richard. We understand how important is to exchange your rewards accordingly. Kindly know that Choice Hotels Members will be able to exchange their points through the Rewards Exchange platform, similar to how you can transfer points to different airline partners. Please read the above information for more details. How to Exchange Points: Points may be exchanged back and forth between the two programs starting from either account. All point exchanges will take place in the Rewards Exchange on http://ch.social/60123AwMM. To exchange points, members must: * Be a member in good standing with both programs * Have at least 500 Choice Privileges points or 1,000 Radisson Rewards Americas points in either account * Have an open status on Radisson Rewards Americas account Exchange Rate: The exchange rate between Choice Privileges Points and Radisson Rewards Americas Points is 1:2. Minimum exchanges: 500 Choice Privileges points 1,000 Radisson Rewards Americas points Points will generally be deposited into the receiving account within 24 hours after you submit the exchange request. Moreover, ALL information on both accounts MUST match. These exchanges will ONLY be possible on http://ch.social/60133AwM3. We hope this information clarifies your concerns. Should you have additional questions, let us know. -Sal.

BigE Apr 2, 2023 7:58 pm

Was anyone able to fix this problem or find a workaround? Did earning some points solve it?

I'm having the exact same problem. When I found this thread I was even more frustrated because they've known about this problem for 2 months and still can't manage to fix it.

I've talked to CS at both choice and Radisson and both want me to talk to the other (just as others above said). What's funny is that Choice said that because I'm transferring from Radisson I need to talk to Radisson. But since I couldn't transfer in either direction, I just said I was trying to transfer the other direction.

Choice and Radisson are both a disaster.

rrgg Apr 2, 2023 8:26 pm

deleted

rrgg Apr 6, 2023 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 35096958)
Choice rep said my account is "active" but "not in good standing." The latter means since I haven't earned points in some number of years, I'm not allowed to transfer from Radisson. I have to earn Choice points again to be in good standing and enable transfers. (Not clear if a Citi transfer will do it.)

To follow-up, I used "Eat and Earn" to get some new Choice points and be sure the account is active. That didn't fix anything. When I start a transfer and click Link I still get, "your account has been disabled." Even so, both my Choice and RA numbers appear on the exchange page with point totals. So some kind of link exists. Choice said they'll investigate this more and get back to me.

Meanwhile I contacted Points.com who said they're not involved despite the wording on Choice’s page.

Edited to update: Despite what Points.com said, when I click the Radisson button in my Choice exchange page, I get the address below which is points.com.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...dba571196e.jpg

view-with-a-room Apr 8, 2023 3:13 pm

The exchange continues to not work; but three weeks after the issue was escalated I did receive a response:

Good Day!

I hope this email finds you well.

This email is to give you a feedback that the review team from Choice Hotel Privileges provided us an update that upon reviewing your concern with the Exchange of Points process, they found out that you are using multiple integrations which is conflicting through their system. The said team have remove one account so, you may continue to use account with the email and try to link again to proceed with the Exchange of Points process.

I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.