FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Platinum member not getting 75 day window (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1750751-platinum-member-not-getting-75-day-window.html)

italdesign Mar 3, 2016 6:24 pm

Platinum member not getting 75 day window

I'm Platinum and should be able to book 75 days out. I'm logged in and Platinum status is shown at the top.

Yet, looking at multiple European cities, I see either zero availability (Stockholm) or very limited availability (Paris, Munich), if I search 61-65 days out. Availability is vast on the few days preceding day 60, and the same room available on day 60 for award is not available on 61 for award (even though it is available for cash).

Anyone else have this issue?

Minigolf Man Mar 27, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm having the same issue for Paris. Have you received an explanation for this?

ChoiceHotels Mar 28, 2016 9:27 am

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're looking into this and I'll post an update once we have more information.

Global1Flyer Mar 28, 2016 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Minigolf Man (Post 26394881)
I'm having the same issue for Paris. Have you received an explanation for this?

Japan also!

Minigolf Man Apr 4, 2016 9:15 am

Is there any new info?

deac83 Apr 11, 2016 9:07 am

I'm trying to book (platinum) hotels in Norway and see the same 60 day window (actually seems to be 59 - 60 days for check out date). The 75 day window from April 11 should be June 25 but nothing available to book after June 9.

charlesonmission Apr 11, 2016 7:41 pm

I'd call and try to book. We had the same issue with our reservation, nothing online, but got the reservation in 3 minutes on the phone.

deac83 Apr 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Thanks. As you may or may not know, we have moved into the Norway peak period for travel, so my main interest is to see what kind of availability there is, as I'm actually waiting for July to open up.

The primary issue is that I have a ton of Diners Club points I can transfer over here, but I only want to do that if I can use them (i.e. the point of DC to me is being able to transfer to which ever program I need at the time). DC also has a 4-6 week SLA on transfers so you can't count on it being done close in.

For example I have 6 hotels I'll need to check to see if they have availability on June 25.

If this is a way it will work, not efficient for me or Choice, to generate more phone traffic, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

It would seem more efficient for Choice to fix the online bug that was identified 6 weeks ago and maybe even provide updates on this thread as to if they are even working on it.

End of rant.

lougord99 Apr 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by deac83 (Post 26480235)
for Choice to fix the online bug that was identified 6 weeks ago and maybe even provide updates on this thread as to if they are even working on it.

End of rant.

If Choice were working on bugs in the order they were identified, then a 6 week old bug would be at the bottom of the pile.

charlesonmission Apr 13, 2016 7:54 pm

Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, however, I believe if you can see a normal priced room available (not a suite), you should be able to call up and book them room as a rewards night.

GUWonder Apr 14, 2016 10:20 am

Originally Posted by charlesonmission (Post 26482188)
Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, however, I believe if you can see a normal priced room available (not a suite), you should be able to call up and book them room as a rewards night.

It depends. I've had it fail sometimes, and I've had it increasingly fail when it comes to say the Nordic Choice properties.

deac83 Apr 14, 2016 10:41 am

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 26481886)
If Choice were working on bugs in the order they were identified, then a 6 week old bug would be at the bottom of the pile.

I guess their queue is too long to even post an update or status here. It would be one thing if they didn't have anyone interacting in this forum but since they do and the traffic in this forum is not high at all, I'd think even posting 'still working on it' would be appropriate.

techoin Apr 28, 2016 6:40 am

this is really pathetic of Choice...75 day window is still not working

italdesign May 2, 2016 8:01 pm

Problem persists online. Called call center, didn't mention this issue, no problem with normal process for a booking in Stockholm starting July 14. Did run into separate issue where they can't make separate reservations for back-to-back nights (which I believe the website does let you do).

deac83 May 3, 2016 12:23 am

I'm pretty sure the website is only allowing bookings 2 months in advance ~60 days.

If you use 7/3 as the date 'no availability' move to 7/2 'available'. In both cases standard rooms are available on those dates.

Doesn't solve the problem, but I think it shows it's programed in and not some unexplained glitch.