Search

Shooting LA Chinese Consulate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:05 pm
Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA CO
Shooting LA Chinese Consulate

Asian man about 65 years old with white hair was arrested for shooting at the consulate building during a protest today.

The protester got into a vehicle and fired multiple shots in the direction of the security guard. Nine shots were fired and several hit the building, police said. All missed the security guard.The consulate building is across the street from the visa application
building so no worries. Business as usual for China visas.

update:
A Chinese-born activist, Jeff Baoliang Zhang a 67-year-old originally from Shanghai,
has been booked for attempted murder over a shooting at China's consulate in Los Angeles after a human rights protest there, police said Friday.

Last edited by anacapamalibu; Dec 16, 2011 at 5:53 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Woah,

Would he be subjected to Chinese laws or US laws?

I understand that when inside an embassy, you are technically in the embassy's country.

Like when I am in a Singapore Embassy, I am in Singapore and subjected to Singapore laws.

Is this the same as consulates?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:50 am
Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA CO
Diplomatic missions are not sovereign territory. They go by local law. The shooter will be in jail for a long time here in CA, as I doubt he will jump bail and flee to China.
Million dollar bail, must have been shooting out of his car to get that high an amount on attempted murder charge.

Last edited by anacapamalibu; Dec 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Diplomatic missions are not sovereign territory. They go by local law. The shooter will be in jail for a long time here in CA, as I doubt he will jump bail and flee to China.
Million dollar bail, must have been shooting out of his car to get that high an amount on attempted murder charge.
I see, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.