FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   Top 10 list of TSA complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/714416-top-10-list-tsa-complaints.html)

Superguy Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by LessO2 (Post 10512649)
Let me get this straight.

You're saying, with a straight face, that the number on the nameplate, next to the name of the TSAer, was on public display for nothing more than ordering uniforms?

If so, knowing TSA, would you be surprised?

CWalters Oct 13, 2008 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Scubatooth (Post 10512627)
I have a extensive working background in chemistry and physics due to the nature of my job. If you want to see something really shocking and potentially life threatening come on down because i will rock your world. heck i dont even need 3oz do the job either i can get it done in about a ounce and half (50cc).

Interesting but would ETD find it?

if you hate your job find another one, because what you do is un-american and in my eye treason.

Why have you decided that I work for TSA?

Scubatooth Oct 13, 2008 10:27 am

ETD wouldnt find this because its not a explosive, totally inert but is just as effective.

well your comments lead us to believe you work for TSA, that or your a really big fan

CWalters Oct 13, 2008 10:36 am

because

Originally Posted by Scubatooth (Post 10512674)
ETD wouldnt find this because its not a explosive, totally inert but is just as effective.

Yes I would like to see or know the chemical compound and how something completely inert is also volatile?

well your comments lead us to believe you work for TSA, that or your a really big fan

But now your just as bad, you made an assumption on the basis of nothing...sound familiar? I am forever a student and my opinion is mine fan or not, I think TSA is a good idea however the application leaves a lot to be desired. But seriously your mad because of the order of the procedure and the fact that you gotta take of your shoes? spare me. The other crap that goes on such as stealing and power hunger it is just as bad as any other human who got a badge or title, it is misused. Do not misunderstand me I do not condone the actions I just do not understand the sheer hatred.

Scubatooth Oct 13, 2008 10:53 am

The combo is vecuronium, adenosine, lidocaine, and potassium.

As for your second set of comments i will leave that for another post as its needs it own. In short TSA is fubar from the top to the bottom.

law dawg Oct 13, 2008 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 10512550)
If you want to feel safe, I suggest Xanax, Valium, or cannabis. If you want to actually be safe, completely destroying TSA and using private contractors without government interference will eliminate the need to use feel-safe drugs.

Why have screening at all Spiff? You have said all government needs to be removed from civilian aviation, so why have screening at all? Just pay your money and take your chances. Odds are in your favor you'll be just fine.

Now if you have that other stuff you mentioned in your first sentence we can talk. ;)

Spiff Oct 13, 2008 11:19 am

Originally Posted by law dawg (Post 10512935)
Why have screening at all Spiff? You have said all government needs to be removed from civilian aviation, so why have screening at all? Just pay your money and take your chances. Odds are in your favor you'll be just fine.

Screening should be done by private security contractors with no government interference.

I'd be ok with pay your money, take your chances as it already exists: general aviation. For commercial aviation, airlines should be free to compete on what security, if any, they choose to offer.

law dawg Oct 13, 2008 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 10512977)
Screening should be done by private security contractors with no government interference.

I'd be ok with pay your money, take your chances as it already exists: general aviation. For commercial aviation, airlines should be free to compete on what security, if any, they choose to offer.

Fair enough. The "if any" is my point. If we're not looking at it from a national security perspective (US airspace) then it's a company decision and they should be allowed to opt out, if they wish.

Of course this is all hypothetical because it'll never, evah happen. :)

Superguy Oct 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by law dawg (Post 10513014)
Fair enough. The "if any" is my point. If we're not looking at it from a national security perspective (US airspace) then it's a company decision and they should be allowed to opt out, if they wish.

Of course this is all hypothetical because it'll never, evah happen. :)

It's not like TSA's securing the airspace anyway.

speedster1978 Oct 13, 2008 12:38 pm

What if a terrorist were to get a job at TSA... letting their buddies all in with him over time... then make sure to let their buddies with explosives and all through security... and then next thing you know, BAM, another plane exploded...

We could play what if scenarios for years...

Boggie Dog Oct 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by speedster1978 (Post 10513458)
What if a terrorist were to get a job at TSA... letting their buddies all in with him over time... then make sure to let their buddies with explosives and all through security... and then next thing you know, BAM, another plane exploded...

We could play what if scenarios for years...

Any group who wanted to exploit TSA will have already planted people. There are enough people in the US who could pass TSA muster, not to mention the excessive turnerover in TSA personnel.

Besides, the holes TSA has in it's on procedures are as wide as they can be. Airport workers entering the ramp area in vehicles are only randomly inspected. Then we have cargo and mail. If someone wants to compromise an airplane then plenty of methods are available.

Screening passengers is just about a complete waste of time if keeping bad things off airplanes is the goal.

law dawg Oct 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 10513324)
It's not like TSA's securing the airspace anyway.

Oh sure, throw that in my face! ;)

Superguy Oct 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by law dawg (Post 10514400)
Oh sure, throw that in my face! ;)

It was so glaringly obvious that I thought even you wouldn't go there. ;)

speedster1978 Oct 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog (Post 10513805)
Any group who wanted to exploit TSA will have already planted people. There are enough people in the US who could pass TSA muster, not to mention the excessive turnerover in TSA personnel.

Besides, the holes TSA has in it's on procedures are as wide as they can be. Airport workers entering the ramp area in vehicles are only randomly inspected. Then we have cargo and mail. If someone wants to compromise an airplane then plenty of methods are available.

Screening passengers is just about a complete waste of time if keeping bad things off airplanes is the goal.

I agree totally... if your going to do something, do it consistent, and to everyone... exempting certain groups and people, just opens up your security wide open...

Scubatooth Oct 13, 2008 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Scubatooth (Post 10512821)
The combo is vecuronium, adenosine, lidocaine, and potassium.

CW where did you go? did you take your toys and go home?