Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
I have linked to the demo video here a few times. That video shows you almost everything you can expect in a patdown - almost, it does not show a clear demonstration of how the lower legs and ankles/feet are patted.down. Most of the rest of the body is shown being patted down.

See the video for the best answer I can give you. As far as training to identify specific illegal drugs, I have seen none here at TSA - because we do not earch for illegal drugs. People have a myriad of experiences that may help them identify illegal drugs. With the increase in allowed use for certain drugs, there is a whole group of people that can identify illegal drugs without ever having used them. There are groups of people that have first knowledge of illegal drugs from teenage years (where most of us exhibited stellar decision making skills...), or from work that dealt with drugs - and are able to reasonably articulate whether something could be illegal drugs.

What to expect during a pat down.
The video does not answer the very specific question that I presented. A simple yes or no would suffice.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Reminder!

Originally Posted by TWA884
Folks,

This is not the first time that I have had to post a reminder that the subject of this thread is the new TSA “comprehensive” physical screening protocol. It is not whether the TSA actively searches for drugs, the protocol of reporting drug finds to law enforcement or confiscation of medications.

Please keep in mind FlyerTalk Rule 5 when posting here:
Stay On Topic

FlyerTalk exists for the discussion of frequent flyer programs and the related travel experience. With the exception of the few areas specifically designated for the discussion of other topics, confine your comments as closely as possible to these topic areas and to the topic of the thread and forum in which you are posting.
If you wish to debate those subjects, we have several threads discussing them; in the alternative, you are welcome to start new threads if there isn't one that's specific to your particular concerns.

Future off-topic messages will be summarily deleted without further warning. Repeat offenders will earn time off from posting.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
I posted this request only three days ago.

This morning, I read and deleted several posts which focused on whether the TSA screens for drugs or has the expertise to recognize drugs.

This thread is about enhanced physical screening procedures, not drugs.

Please stay on topic or risk the consequences. Consider this to be your final warning!

TWA884
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by petaluma1
When the father inquired, the agent told him, right before touching his son’s crotch, that this sort of thing had become necessary due to drug mules using children.
Dear TSA, Please Stop Molesting Kids At The Airport
The question asked about TSA groping children in a search for "drug mules" still has not been answered, either here or at the blog.

That can lead to only one conclusion: The TSA does search for drugs by groping the genitals of children using the guise that they are protecting the children.

Last edited by petaluma1; Nov 25, 2018 at 8:12 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by petaluma1
The question asked about TSA groping children in a search for "drug mules" still has not been answered, either here or at the blog.

That can lead to only one conclusion: The TSA does search for drugs by groping the genitals of children using the guise that they are protecting the children.
The question has been answered ad nauseum, it simply appears that folks here are not capable of accepting the answers given.

TSA does not search for "drugs" specifically in any format of screening. TSA clears possible threat items (traditionally listed as WEI), in all formats of screening. I have given this answer a number of times. I have also clearly stated that someone making a statement to the contrary about "drugs" is wrong or mistaken.

So, one more time for those in the back -
1. TSA does not search specifically for "drugs" as a part of the pat down process
2. TSA does not search specifically for "drugs" as a part of the accessible property screening
3. TSA does not specifically search for "drugs" in any form of screening.

IF "drugs" are discovered as a part of a search for possible threat items, then it is reported to local LEOs, per directive and published information.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:42 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

This thread has run its course.

TWA884
gsoltso likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.