FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1425109-week-tsa-history-starting-1-1-2013-a.html)

Caradoc Oct 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 21662463)
Looks like our friends are back after the government shutdown

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/10/tsa-week...-09-27-13.html

Was the wad of cash in #9 "artfully concealed?"

chollie Oct 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc (Post 21685262)
Was the wad of cash in #9 "artfully concealed?"

Probably was right after that picture was taken. :p

petaluma1 Oct 29, 2013 6:05 am

Originally Posted by chollie (Post 21685734)
Probably was right after that picture was taken. :p

^

goalie Nov 8, 2013 11:43 am

TSA Week In Review: November 1, 2013

Swing and a miss!

Nothing, Nada, Rien and Bupkes so please move along as there is nothing to see here this week

Boggie Dog Nov 8, 2013 11:47 am

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 21751030)
Swing and a miss!

Nothing, Nada, Rien and Bupkes so please move along as there is nothing to see here this week

Same thing on the TSA blog. Nothing since 11/3.

petaluma1 Nov 9, 2013 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog (Post 21751066)
Same thing on the TSA blog. Nothing since 11/3.

Now there is. It's a statement issued by Pistole. At least he didn't call Mr. Hernandez a "hero" (although there are two comments that do so). Syrupy comments abound about how wonderful the TSA is, however.

jkhuggins Nov 9, 2013 7:51 am

Originally Posted by petaluma1 (Post 21754501)
Now there is. It's a statement issued by Pistole. At least he didn't call Mr. Hernandez a "hero" (although there are two comments that do so). Syrupy comments abound about how wonderful the TSA is, however.

I will note that the statement on the TSA blog shows remarkable restraint. It focuses primarily on Mr. Hernandez and on his two injured co-workers. It doesn't take advantage of the tragedy to call for TSA expansion, as many here have feared.

And, perhaps most importantly in my eyes, the statement was issued a week after the events occurred. No "off-the-cuff" remarks that have to be retracted or walked back later (as has happened so often in the past).

Caradoc Nov 9, 2013 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by jkhuggins (Post 21754949)
It doesn't take advantage of the tragedy to call for TSA expansion, as many here have feared.

No need. The union's already on that frequency.

chollie Nov 9, 2013 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by jkhuggins (Post 21754949)
I will note that the statement on the TSA blog shows remarkable restraint. It focuses primarily on Mr. Hernandez and on his two injured co-workers. It doesn't take advantage of the tragedy to call for TSA expansion, as many here have feared.

And, perhaps most importantly in my eyes, the statement was issued a week after the events occurred. No "off-the-cuff" remarks that have to be retracted or walked back later (as has happened so often in the past).

Well, if the statement is from Pistole, perhaps that explains the lack of snark and exploitation that we can generally expect from Bob.

goalie Nov 13, 2013 9:14 am

TSA Week In Review: Friday, November 8, 2013

Just one item this week and afaic, The TSA gets a mulligan this week

goalie Nov 18, 2013 8:26 am

TSA Two Weeks in Review: 11/01/13 – 11/14/13

So for the "double header", we have everything that should have been caught (except one ;))

• 75 Firearms Discovered in the Past Two Weeks
  • Inert Ordnance and Grenades etc
    Two inert C4 demolition explosives were discovered in the carry-on bag of a passenger at Honolulu (HNL).
    An inert grenade was detected in the carry-on bag at Spokane (GEG).
    12 Airsoft grenades and two Airsoft flash grenades were discovered in checked baggage at Minneapolis St. Paul (MSP).
  • 20 stun guns were discovered over the last two weeks in carry-on bags
  • Artfully Concealed Prohibited Items
    A cane sword with a 16-inch blade was discovered at Detroit (DTW).
    A dagger belt buckle was discovered at Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW).
    A credit card knife was discovered in Albuquerque (ABQ).
    A belt buckle knife was discovered at Saipan (GSN).
    A knife, a multi-tool, and a credit card multi-tool were detected concealed inside the pull handle of a carry-on bag at Detroit (DTW)
  • Terrorists-NONE

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/11/tsa-two-...13-111413.html

FliesWay2Much Nov 18, 2013 10:37 am

Originally Posted by chollie (Post 21757844)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkhuggins

Well, if the statement is from Pistole, perhaps that explains the lack of snark and exploitation that we can generally expect from Bob.

Pissy saved all of that for his testimony later in the week.

goalie Nov 25, 2013 2:02 pm

TSA Week In Review Ending 11/22/13

Anyone see any ter'wrists caught? ;)

• 1 Pistol Discovered Strapped to Ankle of Passenger
  • 28 Firearms Discovered This Week
  • 8 stun guns were discovered this week in carry-on bags

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/11/tsa-week...iscovered.html

Caradoc Nov 25, 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 21852834)
[*]1 Pistol Discovered Strapped to Ankle of Passenger

...which would have been VERY easily detected via WTMD, and quite possibly missed via BSX.

goalie Nov 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc (Post 21852872)
...which would have been VERY easily detected via WTMD, and quite possibly missed via BSX.

Yuppers ^