FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   Menstruation Arouses TSA Suspicion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1152887-menstruation-arouses-tsa-suspicion.html)

n4zhg Nov 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky (Post 15285712)
Isn't it incredible that here we are in 2010, arguing about panty liners, menstruation and security? Doesn't this strike people as so incredibly bizarre? Would a time traveler from 2002 even believe that this is happening?

From the moment I saw the towers collapse on 9/11/01 I knew this was going to happen. But no one listened to me, and a few actively silenced me.

Originally Posted by essxjay (Post 15285915)
Viewed through that lens, I take your point. I just find it implausible a woman screener would be overly suspicious about meeting resistance with a pad.

Not to be pedantic but many women under 30 use pads. Culture and personal comfort dictate usage rather than mere age.

Not to mention uglier reason like Toxic Shock Syndrome.

LuvAirFrance Nov 25, 2010 7:09 pm

n4zhg: Same with me. Knew it was Reichstag Part Deux.

svenskaflicka Nov 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by tanja (Post 15284953)
Yes. And I have also read that TSO agents are discusted by body fluids. They cant if it both ways.. plus they cant look "inside" it. That was I was told by Sattso on an other trhread.
So they are just going to "feel" around? Guess what then the "body fluids" would go every were. especially if the woman is "heavy bleeder.

Nice work TSA and TSO agents.
Dont these TSO female agents have periods?

Have you seen some of those bruts they have for female screeners? Some of them look like they have waaayyy too much testosterone running through their veins, so therefore no need for feminine products of any sort for them.

This whole thing with the TSA and their clerks is so appalling that it's giving me high blood pressure.

LuvAirFrance Nov 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Have you seen some of those bruts they have for female screeners? Some of them look like they have waaayyy too much testosterone running through their veins, so therefore no need for feminine products of any sort for them
They don't want male travelers to anticipate their gropedown with too much happiness.

AINITFUNNY Nov 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Something to think about: TSA is NOT going to verify that a person who is actually a MALE who CLAIMS to be a female just so he can feel up women all day in gratifying his perversions is in fact really EITHER sex.

So some of those butch looking "women" patting down female passengers could actually BE male perverts molesting with impunity.

LuvAirFrance Nov 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Personally, I've always found menstruating VERY suspicious. What is it all about anyway?? What unseemly activity is this covering up as a diversion. Perhaps we need the FBI or some congresssional committee looking into this "menstruating" business to find out what's really going on here. It could be intended to undermine the foundations of our society.

Loren Pechtel Nov 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance (Post 15289717)
Personally, I've always found menstruating VERY suspicious. What is it all about anyway?? What unseemly activity is this covering up as a diversion. Perhaps we need the FBI or some congresssional committee looking into this "menstruating" business to find out what's really going on here. It could be intended to undermine the foundations of our society.

Of course it's evil. It's the failure to have a baby!

sbtier Nov 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by gojirasan (Post 15284584)
I'm sort of wondering why she is wearing it at all. I have my suspicions, but I'm not really sure. And if I'm wondering then maybe a TSO who doesn't use them might wonder as well. Sort of a comment on the TSOs being overly suspicious and nosy about everythiing.

Feminine hygiene products contain bleach and some other bad chemicals, some of which are carcinogens. Some women object to this and wear more natural materials.

gojirasan Nov 26, 2010 2:49 pm

LuvAirFrance, I am going to send you a bill for a cup of coffee and a new keyboard. Also my nasal passages are burning from the coffee. Ouch.

exbayern Nov 26, 2010 3:50 pm

I was wearing a sanitary napkin, so the agent notified her supervisor that I had a "foreign object." It took about 10 minutes for her to walk 70 feet, speak with the supervisor, and return. Then she collected my carry-ons and began swabbing items in each of them. This process took a verrrrrry long time.... It was obvious to me that this was punitive for refusing the body scanner.... Finally I was told to remove my sanitary napkin. By the time I got to the gate the jetway had been removed and I was not able to board.
http://www.aclu.org/passengers-stories-recent-travel/

CavePearl Nov 26, 2010 3:52 pm

That's it! I know how we can win this thing. :p You want to know how to bring down the TSA? Women, schedule your upcoming flights accordingly. The TSA is no match for PMS.

PoliceStateSurvivor Nov 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by exbayern (Post 15297106)

Very disturbing. I could not bear to read through all the quotes.

Isobel Nov 26, 2010 4:10 pm

A woman was told to REMOVE her sanitary napkin? What is wrong with these TSA idjits?? I'm a menstruating woman, so QED, I'm gonna blow up a plane.

Jeez, just try me, TSA. I would just LOVE to pull down my pants in the middle of the checkpoint, remove and slap down a soaked-thru sanitary napkin for all to see.

Seriously, enough is enough. This insanity has to be protested, loudly. It has to stop.

cracker11 Nov 26, 2010 4:25 pm

JennyElf Nov 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance (Post 15289717)

Never trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die... :D