Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Chase Sapphire - free delivery to end of 2021

World and World Elite Mastercard® cardholders get:
  • $5 off first two orders on DoorDash every month until 9/30/22, while supplies last.
  • $0 delivery fees and 10% off on restaurant orders over $12, grocery orders over $25. 5% credit back on eligible Pickup orders

https://www.doordash.com/mastercard/

Print Wikipost

Chase Doordash Benefit (Revised April 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:10 am
Original Poster
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Once I’m thru my CSR $60 credit, can I add spouse’s CSR to my DoorDash and use that credit? Both are primary ccs.

if they are primary cards you each get the benefit
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Dunno why anyone is complaining. I look at it as $60 in free food until my next AF fee hits, when I'll cancel the card.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by damon88
if they are primary cards you each get the benefit
Yes, I know. I’m trying to figure out if they are somehow tie to a particular account. Can two DoorDash accounts bill to the same cc and get the benefit? That’s the clearer question.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It finally showed up.

It was the LAST benefit at the very bottom. But I swear I'd looked down there multiple times.

I actually have some Doordash restaurants in my area that don't show up with UberEats or GrubHub. I can easily use this credit for pickup. So for the next couple of years, these latest "enhancements" amount to a $40 fee increase.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by hotturnip
It finally showed up.

It was the LAST benefit at the very bottom. But I swear I'd looked down there multiple times.

I actually have some Doordash restaurants in my area that don't show up with UberEats or GrubHub. I can easily use this credit for pickup. So for the next couple of years, these latest "enhancements" amount to a $40 fee increase.
Do you consider this acceptable, given your own usage pattern for the card?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:29 pm
Original Poster
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Yes, I know. I’m trying to figure out if they are somehow tie to a particular account. Can two DoorDash accounts bill to the same cc and get the benefit? That’s the clearer question.

I believe each card must be tied to a separate Doordash account.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:37 am

Even if someone said they were able to do it, I wouldn't risk it. I would just create a separate DoorDash account for your spouse and be 100% sure that you will get the credit.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So here’s the more complicated version of my query. We aren’t really going to use the DD credit so I told college son he could. (A nice perk for dorm life is delivered restaurant food LOL). Son used spouse’s CSR for his DoorDash account and depleted in one order. I am happy to let him use my CSR on the same account but now don’t know if it will get the credit. I’ll maybe send them a SM to ask.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:54 am

So here’s the more complicated version of my query. We aren’t really going to use the DD credit so I told college son he could. (A nice perk for dorm life is delivered restaurant food LOL). Son used spouse’s CSR for his DoorDash account and depleted in one order. I am happy to let him use my CSR on the same account but now don’t know if it will get the credit. I’ll maybe send them a SM to ask.
Isn't it easier just to create a DoorDash account for yourself, activate it with DoorDash Pass and Credit with your CSR, then just share the email/password with your son? He is probably going to deplete the $60 in 1 order anyway! That way, your son's DoorDash account and your DoorDash account will both have DoorDash Pass.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Need
Isn't it easier just to create a DoorDash account for yourself, activate it with DoorDash Pass and Credit with your CSR, then just share the email/password with your son? He is probably going to deplete the $60 in 1 order anyway! That way, your son's DoorDash account and your DoorDash account will both have DoorDash Pass.
Yes. I could do that. He already had it set up so thought it’d be easier. If all Chase looks for is a DD charge, then it shouldn’t matter. But I’ll tell him to just do that.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Make a few extra bucks and send your spouse a referral code and have them open up their own account.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by kklems
Make a few extra bucks and send your spouse a referral code and have them open up their own account.
His spouse already have a 2nd CSR primary card. I think you meant his son!

On second thought, I think @Stgermainparis should do what he originally wanted to try. Put his CSR on his son's DD account and see if the charges will get the $60 credit on his card. I don't think you have to activate the $60 credit right? So if you don't have to activate, any DoorDash charge to the card for the first $60 "should" get credit. Someone else asked about the x10 UR points on Lyft charges. I think it is probably the same as you don't have to activate a Lyft account with the x10 points.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:48 pm

anyone having problems signing up for dashpass? it says it's supposed to activate automatically but I added my card and nothing popped up.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Do you consider this acceptable, given your own usage pattern for the card?
I'd say so. I get excellent value out of the triple points for all travel because I book a lot of Expedia packages and Priceline hotels. And the 1.5 redemption on the Chase travel site has come in handy several times. I use the Priority Pass benefit fairly regularly (although less recently since I got the Amex Plat and can use DL lounges). I rarely use Lyft (or Uber), but I'll probably save a few $$ a year on that.

And I have to say, you don't have to work nearly as hard for the Chase benefits as you do for Amex. That Amex travel reimbursement is a pain. And there is no monthly disbursement with this Chase food benefit the way there is with Amex.

So . . .
$550
-300 (travel benefit)
- 20 (1/5 of quinquennial Global Entry fee)
- 60 (Doordash credit)
- 10 ($$ saved via Lyft ride discounts and Chase offers)
=$160 net cost annually

So for $160 I get triple points on everything, 1.5 redemption on travel, broad-based travel insurance, and especially, Priority Pass access WITH restaurants. I'm OK with that. But I haven't had to pay the higher annual fee yet. My annual fee should hit shortly, well before April. We'll see how I feel in the future.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
anyone having problems signing up for dashpass? it says it's supposed to activate automatically but I added my card and nothing popped up.
I think maybe I had to do an update of the app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.