Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities with UR (Jan-Oct 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities with UR (Jan-Oct 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:54 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
The best way to book same-day with UR is to transfer points directly to the airline (it's instant-ish to United). I realize this is not always an option, though!

Edit: Not always instant, see the next post.

Last edited by Xlr; Feb 16, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Xlr
The best way to book same-day with UR is to transfer points directly to the airline (it's instant-ish to United). I realize this is not always an option, though!
Four pages of posts would disagree with that assessment:

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:33 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Four pages of posts would disagree with that assessment:

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.
It's always been instant-ish for me, but fair enough.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:37 pm

Transfer to Air France

I want to make sure i do this correctly. I want to book award travel for my daughter via Air France - Chicago to Malta for September. One way - (25k points- thank you award hacker!). Are these the correct steps?
  1. I make an Air France account for myself, getting my Flying Blue number.
  2. Add her as a companion on my Air France account.
  3. Transfer the Chase points to my Air France account
  4. book her ticket on Air France directly
voila!

It sure seems straight forward but because i'm booking for someone else i want to make sure it's all correct- thanks!!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:02 pm

Are there travel opportunities that are available by calling chase that are not available online? For example, I am looking at booking tickets on Perurail or Incarail which are not available online. Has anyone booked anything that was not available on the portal?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Are there travel opportunities that are available by calling chase that are not available online? For example, I am looking at booking tickets on Perurail or Incarail which are not available online. Has anyone booked anything that was not available on the portal?
I doubt it. The chase reps are basically using the same portal and just doing the searching for you.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This brief thread suggests that Connexions has access to some products that are not on the site:

Are there travel activities bookable by phone that are not shown on the UR portal?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, though primarily relates to airfares. Not sure the rail services you are looking at would be possible, given the very high demand.. Anything relates to the Machu Picchu seems requiring some more in depth know how so to avoid being gauged (as a foreigner). You might be better off to go thru the many posts on Trip Advisor travel forum where lots of questions and answers on the most efficient/economic ways to obtain rail tickets.

Besides, even just for the airfares the process to book with Connexions over the phone is not smooth and in my opinion not worth the hassle.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 20, 2018 at 11:19 am
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:22 am

Question about UR reservation

I tried searching key words and didn't find any result - so please forgive me for asking again.

What will happen (if any) when I make a UR booking for flights or hotel for 6 months down the road but downgrade my card a month after the booking? Will this impact my reservation at all? Should I be worried that my reservation will be canceled?

I recalled seeing a post about this but never read into it and can't find it out.

Looking to book with my Reserve and burn all the points then downgrade the card.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:25 pm

can Chase book specific class codes via the travel portal?

As an example, i want to book a SQ premium economy flight. It is a "lite" fare per SQ's website, and it is about $500 cheaper than the "standard" premium economy fare. The options show if trying to make a paid reservation on the SQ website, but the Chase booking page only shows the standard fare.

Could a Chase agent find a specific booking class if you call in?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by maxp0wers

As an example, i want to book a SQ premium economy flight. It is a "lite" fare per SQ's website, and it is about $500 cheaper than the "standard" premium economy fare. The options show if trying to make a paid reservation on the SQ website, but the Chase booking page only shows the standard fare.

One way to find out is get the cash price from the SQ site and then search on the UR site. If you find a flt with the exact same price that will be it.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka
I tried searching key words and didn't find any result - so please forgive me for asking again.

What will happen (if any) when I make a UR booking for flights or hotel for 6 months down the road but downgrade my card a month after the booking? Will this impact my reservation at all? Should I be worried that my reservation will be canceled?

I recalled seeing a post about this but never read into it and can't find it out.

Looking to book with my Reserve and burn all the points then downgrade the card.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Once the items are booked, they are booked, your card no longer has any impact on the booking
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxp0wers

The only way to find out is to call Connexions to find out.

There are fares on airlines website only and not bookable by OTAs. I have seen this with UA fares that are cheaper on UA site than on Connexions and not available on Expedia etc.

So you could try to see if the SQ Lite fare is displayed on Expedia which Connexions uses most of the time, and see if Expedia has it. If it is not found on Expedia, chances are you would need to book on SQ site which is the only place you can find such fare.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
...Expedia which Connexions uses most of the time,...
I know that Connexions places hotel booking through Expedia, but I thought they processed (most) airline tickets directly?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:03 pm

For those that might be interested, I spoke to a chase rep today and apparently they can get rail passes (like Eurail and Japan Rail passes), but cannot get individual tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.