Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue good value 4 my 300,000 points?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:56 am
Original Poster

JetBlue good value 4 my 300,000 points?

I'll be closing my Chase accounts and I'd like to know a good way to liquidate my 300,000 ultimate reward points. I like flying JetBlue. Would it be good value to transfer all my points into JetBlue points?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:55 am

I would transfer at least a portion to World of Hyatt. I always get good value for my points in that program.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:05 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

There's no one good answer, because what works for me may not work for you. It depends on where you want to go. If you fly JetBlue, that's a good choice for you. The points don't expire, so that's another good reason to transfer them there.
I don't stay at Hyatt's, but it's a reoccuring theme that UR's have great value at Hyatt. I've never flown Jet Blue because they don't fly where I'm going. I use my UR's mostly on Southwest or United.
RedSun likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Hyatt can easily get you 2x - 4x value or more. I’ve booked $800/night rooms for 20K points/night at peak season. You can get rooms at all-inclusive resorts, or Vegas at peak times, etc. The value is real.

You can get much better redemptions on either JetBlue or Southwest by using the UR portal with the CSR (if you have that card) to book (in the case of Southwest you have to call). However if you must close all your accounts then that’s not an option long term though.
mia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.