Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Resolved] Possible significant security issue w/Chase online accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

"To summarize the issue a number of people have logged into their accounts as normal, only to find that they have been logged into an entirely different person’s account (somebody they have no relation to). To make matters worse it seems that when you’re logged into somebody else’s account you’re able to make transfers and access other information. Some people have reported that they have logged into their own accounts only to find that unauthorized transactions have been made."

and

"It seems that this might be a caching related issue (something similar happened to Steam) and one of the causes is actually logging in, so I’d recommend that all readers avoid logging into their Chase accounts at this stage (although keep in mind that’s speculation at this stage)."

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/repor...ccounts-chase/
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I logged in this morning on my phone, not good. Anyone heard if being on mobile is any different?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by BThumme
I logged in this morning on my phone, not good. Anyone heard if being on mobile is any different?
From what I've read, no difference in effect re: logging in via app or website. Suggestions have been to avoid both.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
From what I've read, no difference in effect re: logging in via app or website. Suggestions have been to avoid both.
Well, i did that this morning before being aware of this. No idea what to do. Just sit and wait, and check back? Call chase and verify my balances are okay? Log on and pay off everything completely and drain my checking account?

I'm more worried about losing my chase points.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Chase claims it's been fixed:

"JPMorgan Chase & Co. suffered a glitch that gave some customers logging in to online systems access to other clients’ accounts instead of their own.

“We’re still investigating now, but at this point believe it was extremely limited in scope,” Trish Wexler, a spokeswoman for JPMorgan, said in an email. The problem, which occurred Wednesday evening New York time, has been fixed, Wexler said."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nline-accounts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.