FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1740614-united-explorer-card-2015-2021-a.html)

VolareOooCantareOoo Mar 8, 2016 3:40 pm

This is through United, not Chase (there is a difference). The deadline is April 30, 2016. There is a link, but requires you to log in to your United account to see the customized offer.

Here is the link

Originally Posted by axsuul1 (Post 26303840)
Went into a Chase branch today and they said there is no 50k offer for the consumer Explorer card. Did the deadline already pass?

Is that offer transferrable by any chance?!

Flamenguista Mar 9, 2016 6:57 am

My wife got targeted through the mail a couple days ago.

I was targeted in February, met my spending limit in a couple weeks, and the bonus just posted to my Chase Account a few days ago.

UPDATE: The miles posted to my United Milage Balance today, which was 3 days after my first months closing date.

cheaptom Mar 9, 2016 6:10 pm

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but after MileagePlus logging in, I keep getting a 30,0000 mile offer. A 5K bonus for adding a user and a 10K bonus for sopending $25 K.

Am I missing the 50,000 mile offer??

Flamenguista Mar 10, 2016 7:17 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 26310090)
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but after MileagePlus logging in, I keep getting a 30,0000 mile offer. A 5K bonus for adding a user and a 10K bonus for sopending $25 K.

The 50,000 is a targeted offer only, meaning it's not advertised to everyone. The 30,000 offer is what they show on their websites and all ad spaces.

I live in an area with a small United presence, so I never was a miles member with United. I decided to open one, and I was targeted for the 50k offer in a month. I thought this was a trend, and told my wife to open a MilagePlus account. In exactly 1 month, she was targeted for the same offer.

mareh Mar 16, 2016 10:09 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 26310090)

If you earn a few miles in your Mileageplus account, it often seems to trigger the 50K offer. That worked for me recently after just 4 or 5 days, but so far, it hasn't worked for my husband. Still hoping.

Crosi Mar 19, 2016 9:46 pm

I just got 50K miles offer by email with $2000 spending in 3 months, 5K miles additional user. It triggered after I earned some shopping miles.

Before this email, I saw 30K miles offer ad with $50 statement credit.
https://www.theexplorercard.com/30k50AFWIC

MrMcLargeHuge Mar 22, 2016 6:13 am

URL Not Working?

I received a targeted offer for 50K +5K after $2000, but when I went to apply for it today, the URL is not working. In fact, I can't get unitedexplorercard.com or theexplorercard.com to load at all. Anyone else seeing this?

beltway Mar 22, 2016 6:33 am

Originally Posted by MrMcLargeHuge (Post 26368780)
I received a targeted offer for 50K +5K after $2000, but when I went to apply for it today, the URL is not working. In fact, I can't get unitedexplorercard.com or theexplorercard.com to load at all. Anyone else seeing this?

Other than the fact that it's showing me only a 30K offer :(, it's working fine from here.

MrMcLargeHuge Mar 22, 2016 7:17 am

It's Now Working

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 26368863)
Other than the fact that it's showing me only a 30K offer :(, it's working fine from here.

They must have been having issues this morning, because it's now working. Applied and approved.

Beltway, I received two offers via mail. I just used one, but here's the link for the other (expires May 15): unitedexplorercard.com/AMA5

Give it a try.

EDIT: And on the chance it still works, here's the other I received and used myself (expires April 15): unitedexplorercard.com/AFE5

cheaptom Mar 23, 2016 8:45 am

I just got a confirmation email of account approval, with no mention of the 30,000 bonus miles.
If I am eligible for the bonus, would it have said so in the email? Or only in the printed mailed welcome letter that is still yet to come?

( been a while since I had a Chase card, and I was unsure of last time I opened card / received a bonus)

TopSpin46 Mar 23, 2016 4:44 pm

I recently found and applied for a 50k +5k au but no $50 for 2k spend. I found it as a banner ad on one of the monthly statement email they sent me. Google Mail puts these in the promotion tab by default. I only saw 30k when I try dummy booking and I haven't earned any miles in over 6 months so this is possibly another place to look.

hightide Mar 26, 2016 2:06 pm

I found the 50k+5k+ $50 after 1st purchase offer while making a dummy booking in United.com:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k5...ate=2015-11-17

UAL123 Mar 27, 2016 6:43 am

I can confirm that the 50k + 5k is alive and working when applying in person at a Chase branch. There was no $50 credit on this offer though. Not all branches seem to allow you to sign up for this card. I walked in one location and they would not sign me up for the card. They told me to sign up online. I went to a slightly larger branch and they had no problem signing me up for the 50k + 5k offer.

mareh Mar 28, 2016 9:46 am

Thanks for trying to provide working links! Can't get anything to work, including a dummy booking. I deleted history, but maybe they recognize our ISP? Today, I see an offer for 30K and a $50 statement credit. My husband does have a recent mileage posting, so I guess they don't like him.

g8trgr8t Mar 28, 2016 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by mareh (Post 26398757)
Thanks for trying to provide working links! Can't get anything to work, including a dummy booking. I deleted history, but maybe they recognize our ISP? Today, I see an offer for 30K and a $50 statement credit. My husband does have a recent mileage posting, so I guess they don't like him.

Nothing worked for me including booking flight, flying united, and trying with multiple browsers. I then transferred 1k UR points to my United account and the next week the 50th offer popped up for me.