Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Forgot to bring Chase debit card. Can I access checking acct w/ my Chase credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forgot to bring Chase debit card. Can I access checking acct w/ my Chase credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Noobie mistake--went abroad and had left behind my Chase debit card which I was planning to use to withdraw cash from an ATM. Since I have my Chase credit card with me, was wondering if it's possible those accounts are all inked somehow and I can access cash from the checking account?

Never used cash advance before but think I read it's the higher of $10 or 5% which is probably more expensive than paying $5 ATM + 3% foreign transaction fee, plus carrying a 20% APR without a grace period.

Not sure if anyone has any ideas here...
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Cards are tied to individual accounts. I don't think there is any way to access a different account just because it is in the same bank.

You are going to be stuck with fees. I would get what you need with the credit card. Assuming you are set up for online banking, immediately pay off the amount you took, plus the fees, plus your normal minimum payment, plus a little more to be safe. Banks are required to apply payments above the minimum to the highest interest balance. That will at least stop interest from accruing within a day or two, but you are likely stuck with the 5% fee.

Also check to see if you can get cash from a bank teller with the card for lower fees. I think all of the ones I have read are basically the same as the ATM, but there could be a difference.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Got it. Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
This is a question you should be reaching out to Chase specifically, not Flyertalk..
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Additionally, depending on where you are staying or if you are on business visiting one of your company's offices, you may simply be able to cash a check.

Many hotels will do this and simply take an impression of your CC as a "guarantee." Businesses simply do it as a courtesy for their travelers.

Kind of old-fashioned, but it can work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.