Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by takeshi74
You can't. You have to add personal to business. Note the comments in the linked page.
I called this morning and online banking support added the Ink to my personal account. They told me it could not be undone, and that if I wanted to unlink them I would have to create a new user ID and move the personal checking and credit card accounts to the new ID.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:37 am

Splitting Business/Personal accounts online

So I have my business [Ink+] and personal [MP, IHG, etc] cards merged into a single login account online; recently I read that people over the 5/24 are getting offers on the *new* Chase site, but it's only for personal accounts. I sent an SM and I received the reply below:

"Since this inquiry will require an extensive review of your account, and additional questions to be answered, please call us anytime at the number below. We are here to help anytime."

Is this worth messing with? Is this comparable to the recon line, and nothing good can come of this?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chevy454
So I have my business [Ink+] and personal [MP, IHG, etc] cards merged into a single login account online; recently I read that people over the 5/24 are getting offers on the *new* Chase site, but it's only for personal accounts. I sent an SM and I received the reply below:

"Since this inquiry will require an extensive review of your account, and additional questions to be answered, please call us anytime at the number below. We are here to help anytime."

Is this worth messing with? Is this comparable to the recon line, and nothing good can come of this?
The DPs on what you alluded to, are very mixed with more on the negative side if you spend some time to read the comment sections of various blogs that touted this "new finding". The proof is in the comment sections which few bloggers would update the original contents based on the actual DPs that rolled in. Personally I dont think it is worth to mess with it as it is NOT as what the bloggers claimed.

If you still want to decouple it, go to the branch and let your business banker do this for you - far easier and quicker than going thru online or over the phone, based on how easy the process was when the merger was done at the branch versus trying to go thru the SM/phone call route.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by chevy454

I wouldn't bother.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:47 am

Chase business to personal points transfer

Is it possible to transfer points between businesses and personal accounts? It seems the categories are separate from each other. I hope there is a way!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If both cards participate in the same program (Ultimate Rewards) the points can be moved from one account another. This is called Combining points, not Transferring.

Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:27 am

Yup, I do it all the time. The card won't be listed but you can enter its info to combine points. After the first time it will retain the card as an option for combining.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by takeshi74
The card won't be listed .
If there are two separate logins for business and personal, you can call the number on the back of the business card to combine the personal login to the business login. Then you can combine points between all cards on the same login.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by mhdena
If there are two separate logins for business and personal, you can call the number on the back of the business card to combine the personal login to the business login. Then you can combine points between all cards on the same login.
If your biz login uses the old website, you will lose the pre-approved offers if you do this.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by akadaisy
If your biz login uses the old website, you will lose the pre-approved offers if you do this.
What pre-approved offers?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:18 am

Under a personal login with the new, tablet-y interface, there's a Your Offers area. Some users get offers there that are marked with a green check mark that are reported to bypass 5/24. When you merge your personal profile with your biz login, you risk losing this functionality.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:08 pm

I don't think you have to combine the logins though. You could just start a new UR combine and list the personal credit card number and name and it will add the personal card for points combine.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akadaisy
Under a personal login with the new, tablet-y interface, there's a Your Offers area. Some users get offers there that are marked with a green check mark that are reported to bypass 5/24. When you merge your personal profile with your biz login, you risk losing this functionality.
The DPs are mixed. While there are reports work to bypass 5/24 there are also reports that failed. Business site is rolling out the much hated tablet-y site - some people reported their accounts are now on the new site. The same green checked offer showed up on a few people's log in - unfortunately for those who tried, all failed to bypass 5/24 from what I read.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:25 am

Combining Points

So I need to combine my personal Freedom accounts with my business Ink account. But should I wait to do this when I get my Sapphire card. I'm not even sure when I'll get the Sapphire as I'm waiting on a better signup bonus for the CSR card in particular. Because not sure how it will work once I get the Sapphire. If it will be more of a pain or so. Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:42 am

The timing shouldn't really matter, but why is it that you feel you "need" to combine your accounts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.