FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1356263-all-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-offers-consolidated.html)

opus2002 Jun 14, 2012 7:26 am

I would have grab this if it were not for Chase issued. I am saving my Chase inquires for even better deals than this.

mikeef Jun 14, 2012 9:35 am

Originally Posted by mnscout (Post 18753841)
God, Chase again! Certainly would grab it otherwise without even thinking twice! Great find, OP.

+1 to this entire post.

Mike

maxel Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

A poster on FW reports that he was told that if he is not a owner he will have to pay the annual fee.
But then again, don't belie half of what they tell you.

BostonFlyer1624 Jun 14, 2012 9:50 am

Originally Posted by cyin (Post 18749717)
Was thinking about this card too, until I saw this post. I dug further into the T&C's and noticed: "Previous and existing Ritz-Carlton or Marriott Rewards® Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer"

Looks like if you already have a Marriott Credit Card, you won't get the bonus on this one. Bummer.

Open up a new Marriott Rewards account, wait for the points to be added, transfer points from one account to the other, close CC after 1 year.

Done.

crimson12 Jun 14, 2012 10:04 am

I wonder if you could pull a "two browser trick" to get both the Marriott and RC cards...

Long Islander Jun 14, 2012 10:34 am

Originally Posted by ltabi (Post 18752962)
I should have waited for this offer...I got the Marriott card. The airport lounge benefit would have been awesome for me

Did you look at the list of airports? It's very limited. No lounge at La Guardia or DFW.

esquish Jun 14, 2012 10:43 am

anyone know if you can use the upgrades on award stays?

also do you get the hotel credit on a two-night award stay?

jayzee9 Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am

Fabulous Deal

I think people are overlooking how good of a deal this is. This is a card they normally charge $395 for free the first year.

70k Bonus points is great

$200 airline credit

Lounge Pass

Marriott Gold Status for a Year

Ritz Carlton Upgrade Certs.

No Foreign Exchange Fee

JP Morgan Concierge

In my mind this is the best first year fee-free credit card available right now, I applied and was just accepted for the card. I don't know how long this backdoor will be open, so I encourage anyone thinking about applying to do so now.

AlohaDaveKennedy Jun 14, 2012 12:01 pm

If you have the Marriott Rewards card then you wuz robbed - no 70k.:eek:

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy (Post 18749555)
Link

0 introductory fee
70k points after first purchase

Earn Exceptional Rewards
• Earn 5 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent at The Ritz-Carlton hotels. *
• Earn 2 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental
agencies and restaurants. *
• Earn 1 Ritz-Carlton Rewards point per $1 spent on all other card purchases. *
Enjoy Special Hotel Privileges
• Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability
at time of reservation. Advanced reservations and e-certificate are required. *
• Automatic Gold Elite status* in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program your first year.
• Extra Hotel Experience with each two-night stay or longer at a Ritz-Carlton hotel. Celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to
be used toward your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities when reserving this offer. *
Experience Travel Benefits and Services
• Complimentary airport lounge access*
• $200 annual credit for airline incidentals*
• Premier Concierge Service and more*

Credit to Fatwallet.

ThePointsCollector Jun 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by jayzee9 (Post 18756414)
I think people are overlooking how good of a deal this is. This is a card they normally charge $395 for free the first year.

70k Bonus points is great

$200 airline credit

Lounge Pass

Marriott Gold Status for a Year

Ritz Carlton Upgrade Certs.

No Foreign Exchange Fee

JP Morgan Concierge

In my mind this is the best first year fee-free credit card available right now, I applied and was just accepted for the card. I don't know how long this backdoor will be open, so I encourage anyone thinking about applying to do so now.

Not credit.

joshb Jun 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Has anyone gotten an approval without being a Ritz Carlton Residences owner?

crimson12 Jun 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian (Post 18756672)

Not credit.

True, although there may be ways to make this effectively "$200 cash back" as people have done with the Amex Platinum card.

IMO what makes this a good card is that there's no annual fee and no minimum spend. An easy card to run once at the grocery store and then toss in the "graveyard".

jayzee9 Jun 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Approved

Originally Posted by joshb (Post 18757203)

Yes, I applied this morning, got a call from Chase to reallocate my current lines of credit to accommodate this new card. There was no mention of the RC Residence Club Ownership, and the terms of the card say the fee is waved for the first year. I think it's a legitimate offer available to anyone with the link.

RedRiver Jun 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by joshb (Post 18757203)

I don't think there's any risk in getting approved, as Chase will gladly give you the card so long as they don't deem you a credit risk. However, I suppose there is a possibility of not getting the points if you don't qualify. AMEX has done this in the past with some of their offers, but I don't see Chase doing it.

As always, YMMV.

MillenniumFlyer Jun 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Is it confirmed that existing Marriott cardholders have indeed received the (50k) bonus for the RC card (despite the T/C)?